[DX11] Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI)

Make your game even better
BenganJ

Re: [DX11] Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI)

Post by BenganJ » February 17th, 2020, 12:26 am

@SMN

This is my picture from the same location and at approx. the same time!

That is how the road texture looks in RusMap, so has nothing to do with the settings from this topic.
I know RGM gives a higher brightness and washes out the color contrast quite a bit, but on top of
that I suspect that you have the game brightness higher than default too. Can you give me the value
from config.cfg of the parameter r_gamma?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
SMN

Post by SMN » February 17th, 2020, 12:33 am

BenganJ wrote:
February 17th, 2020, 12:26 am
This is my picture from the same location and at approx. the same time!
You picture is better !
BenganJ wrote:
February 17th, 2020, 12:26 am
Can you give me the value
from config.cfg of the parameter r_gamma?
uset r_gamma "1"
i76700K 4.6MHz/32GbDD4-3000/MSI-1070Ti Gaming/32" 2560x1440
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » February 17th, 2020, 12:45 am

@SMN

That's the default value and the very same I have. I don't know what monitor settings
or system graphics settings you have for your monitor(s). But I have, instead of RGM
NEXT-GEN 1.7 AND Grimes Spring mod. Whatever difference we have in that respect,
this is NOT a problem for this topic, I think! It would be nice if you could test the
following:
  • Quit the game.
  • Export your NPI settings for ETS2, if you haven't already done that. After this test you can then Import that saved settings.
  • Start NPI and select ETS2 profile you use. Reset settings to Nvidia default, look for button up in the menu list. Apply changes.
  • Restart ETS2 and take another screenshot at that location!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
JHTrucker
Expert

Post by JHTrucker » February 17th, 2020, 2:25 am

@BenganJ Re:triple screen.
Using multimon_config.sii means you can have 1,2,3 or 4 screens configured. Lucky i'd been playing with this a few months ago and tried a 2 monitor setup, driver side and passenger side, good but no AA.

Anyway, after my last post i had an element of doubt (no i haven't fixed triples) about my TH2GO setup verses an actual 3 monitor setup where each monitor is plugged direct in to the gfx card.

I can see i get good AA (using A7F) on my 3 screens with my custom made single multimon_config.sii file.
But when i delete multimon_config.sii and start game, still with multimon_mode "4", the game generates a new multimon_config.sii file.

The top picture attached shows my custom made single multimon_config.sii file.
The bottom one is the game generated file with 3 monitors that hasn't been edited to fix the angles. But the bottom one shows no AA.

The pictures are just to illustrate the difference i see (1 large rendered image and 3 small rendered images) and not the AA quality. From that i conclude that AA does't work for triples.

So back to my doubt, does the nvidea driver do something different when it knows 3 monitors are plugged into the card direct?
Since owning ETS2 since 2013 and using NPI to force AA since 2014 i've never read a post anywhere that said AA works on triples. So that, along with my findings, is the only reason i say AA doesn't work on triples.

Good to see first post changes.
That'll help people like me, who just stumbled across this topic, and see a simpler "how to get started".
Thanks
multimon_config.sii files: viewtopic.php?p=17658#p17658
controls.sii edits: viewtopic.php?p=24744#p24744
TrackIR Driving Enhancements: viewtopic.php?p=46613#p46613
Extra Cameras: viewtopic.php?p=46034#p46034
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » February 17th, 2020, 2:48 am

@JHTrucker

Damn, I'm so glad you stumbled on this topic! :D Back in the days when I used SoftTH as a triple monitor setup tool,
I just had to drop a d3d9.dll in the EXE folder of the game and it created a config file by itself. Not every time it was
a success, so sometimes one had to deal with rearranging the monitor definitions in that config. It had support for
bezel correction too and actually was like SCS MM mode 4, and you could essentially have any monitor arrangement
you wanted. BUT, unlike Nvidia's Surround which creates a full system virtual monitor, meaning e.g. that if you do
maximize a window it'll cover all the monitors in the virtual monitor, SoftTH was just working for those games you
choose to install that DDL in. That meant that as soon as I quit or ALT + TAB out of the game, I had my 3 monitors
as usual, but within the game SoftTH presented the 3 monitors as ONE virtual one. I really miss that Software Triple
Head program as it only worked for DX9 at that time, although as I said earlier, that guy got started to port it to
DX11 too before he quit!

BTW, what does "stumbled on this topic" mean! Where did you first notice it? Just out of curiosity!
SMN

Post by SMN » February 17th, 2020, 8:30 am

BenganJ wrote:
February 17th, 2020, 12:45 am
this is NOT a problem for this topic
Ok, I understood. Thanks!

I tryed NEXT-GEN 2.0 Base + Grimes Spring mod
Now is better !
ProjectNG-2.0---Textures-[Base]-+-spring_v_3_4.jpg
i76700K 4.6MHz/32GbDD4-3000/MSI-1070Ti Gaming/32" 2560x1440
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » February 17th, 2020, 11:02 am

@SMN

Nice, looking much better, at least that is my opinion! :D
JHTrucker
Expert

Post by JHTrucker » February 17th, 2020, 4:32 pm

@BenganJ
If i remember correctly, with softth you could use different monitor resolutions as well (mix and match)? Never used it, as like i said TH2GO for last 10+ years for me.

"stumbled on this topic" from SCS ets2 forum (not a member) "Nvidia Inspector and the latest update", your link to here!
I tried what you had working on my ATS, didn't like rain or sun shafts bug, turn them off. But then didn't like low mirrors in the end either.
Seeing you guys talking about flipping gfx and wondering what you meant as my gfx were fine. So i felt compelled to join the forum to help the cause. And the rest is history... as they say!

If it wasn't for you guy's i'd still be on ATS/ETS2 1.35 dx9 and lovely AA for ever more. No more scs updates, no more dlc's. Utah & black sea dlc's were the first i never purchased. Now scs get's my money again...
multimon_config.sii files: viewtopic.php?p=17658#p17658
controls.sii edits: viewtopic.php?p=24744#p24744
TrackIR Driving Enhancements: viewtopic.php?p=46613#p46613
Extra Cameras: viewtopic.php?p=46034#p46034
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » February 17th, 2020, 4:46 pm

@JHTrucker

Hehehehe, and maybe we still would have all those anomalies, if you hadn't seen that topic on SCS forum,
where I've been a poster for pretty long by now. Luckily for us, you came here! Thanks for that! :D :D :D

Yes, SoftTH was a pretty general tool to get monitor setups running! A REAL pity it isn't still with us! :( :( :(
Road Runner
PPM

Post by Road Runner » February 17th, 2020, 8:22 pm

@BenganJ

Thank you for updating first post. I will now close down my page on the Steam forum so that we only have one set of information! :D

@BenganJ & RHTrucker

Is multimon_config.sii compatible with all single monitor resolutions? I particularly ask in that my next monitor with new PC is 3440 x 1440.

@ el al

Should we have a name for this enhancement - my neighbour (ets2 & ats) calls it Super Dx11. What do people think? :D
System: Windows 11
Processor: Intel Core i9-9900K @ 4.80GHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro
Memory: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz Dual Channel
Graphics: GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
Drives: Samsung 970 EVO Polaris 1TB & 2TB M.2 2280 PCI-e 3.0 x4 NVMe