[DX11] Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI)

Make your game even better
Draftlight

Re: [DX11] Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI)

Post by Draftlight » November 1st, 2021, 3:01 pm

Oh well then there still is some hope in regards to DX12 :smile3:

Yeah I used to SIM Race before but since my job became more time demanding i started to look into other games as well and then moved over to ETS2.
I´ve had this game for a long time but just recently got properly back into it.
Since then im more the simuation game guy, playing ets & ats, FS19 and Bus simulator.
Its more relaxing after work to play this for a couple of hours then to race and be super stressed :grin:

Well Racing games are about speed, reaction time and therefore performance, i would never be able to stand fps drops there just by the fact it could decide on wether you´re e.g. 1st or 2nd place.
For ETS2 im considering to limit the fps too, but im not sure about the 30, I mean i could use vsync then, but for now it feels weird.
Maybe like you said i just need to get used to that :thinking:
"Wanting something does not give you the right to have it."
- Ezio Auditore, Assassin’s Creed 2

FormelLMS

Post by FormelLMS » November 2nd, 2021, 8:02 pm

Hi,

has someone installed Windows 11 and is a lucky antialiasing owner with it? For now it’s not working here.
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » November 2nd, 2021, 8:39 pm

I dont think windows will improve any kind of AA for this outdated game. Its up to SCS.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
JHTrucker
Expert

Post by JHTrucker » November 3rd, 2021, 1:39 am

@FormelLMS - Windows 11 shouldn't be an issue if NPI reads the nvidia driver details so you can set it up and apply them without errors.
I'm still on window 7 !!! so just my thoughts, DX11 should be the same no matter the o/s it's on.
I'd do this:
Re-check or better still, don't import saved NPI profile, setup from fresh (restore defaults for game profile) then add them from step 1 and delete config.cfg and run up the game to generate a new one. Close and add step 3 only to it.
Make sure your triple multimon has my AA enabler in case the game has generated a new triple file for you that definitely won't give you AA.

Attach your game log if after doing that doesn't work.
multimon_config.sii files: viewtopic.php?p=17658#p17658
controls.sii edits: viewtopic.php?p=24744#p24744
TrackIR edits: viewtopic.php?p=46613#p46613
Extra Cameras: viewtopic.php?p=46034#p46034
clear F1
VIP

Post by clear F1 » November 3rd, 2021, 7:33 am

@FormelLMS

JHTrucker is right and for me the NPI AA works the same way on Windows 11.
Re-set up with the latest GeForce drivers and the latest NCP and NPI.
Intel i9-10850K OC 5GHz
Asus PRIME Z490-A
G.Skill DDR4-3600 32GB
MSI RTX 3080 VENTUS 3X OC 10G
Samsung SSD m.2 x2
FormelLMS

Post by FormelLMS » November 3rd, 2021, 10:30 am

Great. I was a bit confused yesterday, that my imported profiles didn’t work anymore. I will try new. Thought, it could be a windows 11 thing.
Draftlight

Post by Draftlight » November 3rd, 2021, 11:29 am

I'm also running windows 11 and Thanks to JHTrucker and a1337cookie it's running quite good.
At least as much as my hardware can handle it :grin:
Btw, I went back to surround with 3x QHD and 2x2 in NPI settings and for some magical reason it works fine now.
Mostly 60 fps, sometimes drops to 40 but that's more than okay for me, vsync I had to disable though but I'll fiddle with that later on its not as much noticeable anymore.

Oh and for anyone interested in automatic switching surround and "normal" mode and much more, I can highly recommend this guys work:
https://github.com/terrymacdonald/DisplayMagician
(I hope it's okay to post this, if not let me know and I'll remove the link)
He's doing awesome work, fixing bugs instantly and working with the community to implement new stuff.
Right now I'm working with him to get integer scaling to work as well.

ATS seems to run a lot smoother than ets2 somehow I can even running easy 60 fps with vsync on, anyone know why that is?
Does ats has to render less or sth?

JHTrucker
Expert

Post by JHTrucker » November 3rd, 2021, 3:34 pm

@clear F1 - Thanks for confirming my guess!

@Draftlight - Rather than disable vsync you may as well use NPI Adaptive vsync:
In NPI set Vertical Sync to 'Force on'.
In NPI set Vertical Sync Tear Control to 'Adaptive'.
In-game set Vertical synchronization to 'Disabled'

That way your game will vsync when fps are at 60 and vsync switches off when it can no longer maintain 60 and will then only drop the few frames it needs to.

See first post note 3a for more info if required.

Regarding ATS running better than ETS2. Perhaps you have fewer visible mirrors when driving ATS? Mirrors are supposed to stop being calculated when not in view.
But as you use Promods in ETS2 then it's not really a good comparison with ATS standard and is probably the main reason for the difference.
multimon_config.sii files: viewtopic.php?p=17658#p17658
controls.sii edits: viewtopic.php?p=24744#p24744
TrackIR edits: viewtopic.php?p=46613#p46613
Extra Cameras: viewtopic.php?p=46034#p46034
Draftlight

Post by Draftlight » November 3rd, 2021, 4:28 pm

@Draftlight - Rather than disable vsync you may as well use NPI Adaptive vsync:
In NPI set Vertical Sync to 'Force on'.
In NPI set Vertical Sync Tear Control to 'Adaptive'.
In-game set Vertical synchronization to 'Disabled'

That way your game will vsync when fps are at 60 and vsync switches off when it can no longer maintain 60 and will then only drop the few frames it needs to.
Ouh, you´re right, I totally forgot about that, that was an amazing tip, worked like a charm.
Im super happy now it finally works nicely again, sure 4x AA would be nice, but my GPU just cant handel that, so ill stick with 2x AA.
Its a good balance between performance and Quality.
Regarding ATS running better than ETS2. Perhaps you have fewer visible mirrors when driving ATS? Mirrors are supposed to stop being calculated when not in view.
But as you use Promods in ETS2 then it's not really a good comparison with ATS standard and is probably the main reason for the difference.
Im running Promods there too, but I´ve heard its overall a little smoother and less "GPU demanding" since most parts of the maps arent that filled with vegetation, so a little less to render overall.
BUt thats just what I read on a steamcommunity site, so I can´t 100% verify that, however it is true im getting some more fps there than in ETS2, but thats fine, i found my "golden middle" for both :grin:

The Steering issue in ETS2 has also been fixed with todays update, so overall im very happy, now i can work on my overal rig a little more in regards of telemetry and diy button boxes

a1337cookie

Post by a1337cookie » November 3rd, 2021, 5:53 pm

Draftlight wrote:
November 3rd, 2021, 11:29 am
Oh and for anyone interested in automatic switching surround and "normal" mode and much more, I can highly recommend this guys work:
https://github.com/terrymacdonald/DisplayMagician
This is funny, I saw this program a while ago and thought it looked really cool, but I wasn't in any rush to switch over to it. Later, I actually wanted to try some of its features, but then I forgot the name of the program! I spent like half an hour looking for it, trying to remember what it was called, but just couldn't find it so I gave up. And now it just randomly pops up here! Weird how things happen.

Anyway, I've added a reference to it in my guide, and I'll probably try it out soon.