[DX11] Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI)

Make your game even better
BenganJ

Re: [DX11] Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI)

Post by BenganJ » May 3rd, 2020, 1:31 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Nice, good to hear! He can get together with Trump,
creating the losers club! :D
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
Wakashi

Post by Wakashi » May 3rd, 2020, 2:30 am

BenganJ wrote:
May 3rd, 2020, 1:31 am
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Nice, good to hear! He can get together with Trump,
creating the losers club! :D
ABSOLUTELY! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Regards! Roger
Windows 10/64
i7 5820
RTX 2080 Super
alonzam99

Post by alonzam99 » May 3rd, 2020, 12:11 pm

alonzam99 wrote:
May 2nd, 2020, 11:00 pm
JHTrucker wrote:
May 2nd, 2020, 9:56 pm
@alonzam99 - How much help do you need?
Nvidia surround - add your two monitors - adjust bezel - apply.
use the DUAL monitor file from step 2.
in game set resolution to nvidia surround resolution (twice as big).
Your driving seat will be on left and passenger on right, including mirror.
And yes, your fps will halve as you are playing now at double the resolution of a single monitor.
Is there anything to do to keep the fps playable (I know it will down but instead of down to half maybe there is a way to make the fps down only a little)?
?
JHTrucker
Expert

Post by JHTrucker » May 3rd, 2020, 4:28 pm

@alonzam99 - It seems to me that you want everything but won't even try anything.
Just copy your config.cfg for backup and make the changes and test, for yourself. Only you know for sure how bad the fps will drop and still be playable, for you.
multimon_config.sii files: viewtopic.php?p=17658#p17658
controls.sii edits: viewtopic.php?p=24744#p24744
TrackIR Driving Enhancements: viewtopic.php?p=46613#p46613
Extra Cameras: viewtopic.php?p=46034#p46034
alonzam99

Post by alonzam99 » May 3rd, 2020, 5:21 pm

JHTrucker wrote:
May 3rd, 2020, 4:28 pm
@alonzam99 - It seems to me that you want everything but won't even try anything.
Just copy your config.cfg for backup and make the changes and test, for yourself. Only you know for sure how bad the fps will drop and still be playable, for you.
I will try when I'll have another cable for the 2nd monitor.

I also still not tried the g_cam_window_block solutions for trackir because this solutions seems to be unrealistic and I don't like it.
When you'll have good solution for the trackir I'll try it :)
JHTrucker
Expert

Post by JHTrucker » May 3rd, 2020, 9:32 pm

@alonzam99 - I have a solution to connect two monitors with just one cable, but i won't bother to tell you how as you won't try it anyway.
You've dismissed all 5 of my trackir solutions without trying any of them... you never know, you may like them, your loss.
You'll be waiting along time for "the solution" that you will be happy with. I use, and i'm totally happy with, option 1, so no need for me to pursue this further.
Hint: Start pestering scs on their forum.
alonzam99

Post by alonzam99 » May 4th, 2020, 12:10 pm

JHTrucker wrote:
May 3rd, 2020, 9:32 pm
@alonzam99 - I have a solution to connect two monitors with just one cable, but i won't bother to tell you how as you won't try it anyway.
You've dismissed all 5 of my trackir solutions without trying any of them... you never know, you may like them, your loss.
You'll be waiting along time for "the solution" that you will be happy with. I use, and i'm totally happy with, option 1, so no need for me to pursue this further.
Hint: Start pestering scs on their forum.
I asked scs few times to add this feature and got banned from their forum for posting the same message few times.
I thought I'd try method 1 but it is hard to setup and also I use PXN v900 steering wheel and not logitech one so I can't
use logitech profiler for the macros to automate the proccess and I will be sick from open the console and type commend every time when I want to block/unblock myself from looking through the window.
And the other methods is not very realistic and not "block" you from look through a closed window unless you hold a button and
it is also not very comfortable.Thats why I said that none of the methods is good for me and I haven't try them yet.
I'd be happy to know the solution to connect to monitors with only one cable although I going to buy today another cable.
thanks and sorry if I offended you.
JHTrucker
Expert

Post by JHTrucker » May 4th, 2020, 4:05 pm

@alonzam99 - Not offended, just find it hard to believe you want this feature but won't even try/test the simple one that'll take just a few minutes to setup.

Trackir block, good idea or bad idea?
If scs allowed trackir blocking, just like mouse blocking, i suspect most people will just revert back to unblocked at all times after 5 minutes of trying it on blocked.
Look at detours, it's a great addition, along with random road events, that makes you keep your eyes on the road because you never know what might happen.
But look at scs forum, lots of complaints about it, "made me 10 minutes late" etc, in a game you can't spend money fast enough! - Don't like it, turn it off.
So these people want detours to be fixed so you are never going to be late...

Anyway, the point is, if you don't test being blocked you won't know if you really want to be blocked or not.
By default the game allows your head full movement through an open or closed window. That doesn't stop you from playing the game. I assume you don't turn off head tracking and just use mouse until "it's fixed".
My simple to setup/test option 2 will block your head at the window point, it won't pass through the open or closed window. Press and hold your unblock button and you have full head movement again, just like default game.
So, drive around with your head blocked for a while and see if you like it or not.
Using option 2.
You now drive blocked, but can still look left right from inside cab but you can't put you head out of the window.
If joining a motorway and need a quick glance behind, open window, press and hold unblock button, turn head to look behind. Let go of unblock button and you are back to blocked.
Reversing, open window, press and hold unblock button, turn head as required.
Reversing with H shifter, open window, select reverse and view is unblocked, turn head as required and no need to keep hold of a button this time.
So, in my mind, option 2 is one step better than default game. You don't actually need to stick your head out of the window all the time... it's just that we have always been able to, for the past 8 years.

My trackir post has had 501 views, and no one has replied to say option x is working fine, are people using any of the options other than me? Guess not. Blocking is a thing that people want, until they realise they don't.
paokkerkir
PPM

Post by paokkerkir » May 4th, 2020, 7:29 pm

Just to say a massive thank you to you guys that really improved the visuals of our game! I tried the settings out today and I was amazed.
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » May 4th, 2020, 7:37 pm

@paokkerkir

Thanks a lot on behalf of all involved in this! Good to have some positive feedback! :D
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti