[DX11] Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI)

Make your game even better
BenganJ

Re: [DX11] Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI)

Post by BenganJ » April 20th, 2020, 8:18 pm

@yayokb

Nice! We've seen that phenomenon earlier too, there are two settings towards the end of config.cfg,
with 3d in the name that if having wrong settings, have this effect! Good to know that you are on the
track again! Thank you for report! :D
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
JHTrucker
Expert

Post by JHTrucker » April 20th, 2020, 11:27 pm

UPDATED 27-04-2020 This link is perhaps a better option: viewtopic.php?p=19250#p19250

UPDATED 26-04-2020
g_cam-block not required, TIR or mouse... This is my next test/idea that works, albeit with a low quality interior issue...

The idea, make a mod using the ATS W900 truck as a test:
g_cam-block=0 or what ever it is to not block the window.
Camera view 1 (inside cab view) works by only turning left/right inside the cab.
Camera view 5 (new inside cab view) works as normal view 1, you look left and head moves out through the window.
I'm still on 1.36 so i'm guessing this bit.
Pressing 5 could also be bound to window open as well?
Pressing 1 could also be bound to window close as well?
Or all could be bound to better buttons of your choice?
You may have to edit your controls.sii to bind the same key to multiple operations?
So every time you open or close the window the view also changes... no block required.
***See at bottom for "Mechanics for window open/close"***

Without binding the views to window opening.
You can drive with view 1 and windows open halfway to enjoy the new fmod sounds and you won't be able to put your head out of the window.
Only view 5 allows your head to pass through the window, if open or closed!

But what lets the idea down is the fact that my new camera view 5 won't use the high detail interior. I suspect all camera view's apart from "1" are hard coded to be external and therefore default to the low detail interior.
But, if you only open the window to look out, then you won't see the poor interior as you'll have your head out of the window!

The interior cam files do specify "outside: true/false" for the various stages of left movement and work well as standard but that's ignored in my new camera view 5 file.

UPDATE: This part is probably not needed now.
The last part that would need modding (assuming interior was fixed) are the two cam files to match each other for seat position and FOV because the F4 options for seat/FOV only apply to camera view 1.
camera_fov: 70 set to your FOV.
head_offset: (0.0, 0.0, 0.0) set to your seat postion.
camera_azimuth_range: _nameless.interior.kenworth.w900.left1JH
start_head_offset_offset: (0.0, 0.0, 0.0) and so on... (all easily done).

The attached low quality pic is just to illustrate what it looks like.
Top: Normal view 1
Second: New interior view "1" looking left and seeing seat belt, no head through window. Old pic, better quality now.
Third: New interior view "5". ***But not seen if looking out of window.
Fourth: New interior view "5" looking left out of the window.

This doesn't help for driving with windows open... low quality interior. But it's a start!

Also see attached mod. if you want to try for yourself.
Please don't ask me to provide other trucks, it's not worth the effort. It was just my idea/test.

***UPDATE: This will make it work better but we still need a way to keep the high quality interior for view 5.
Mechanics for window open/close for TIR view changes:

Use logitech profiler software that i use for my G27 wheel.
Record key strokes/timing and assign to a wheel keys.
Export the profile and edit with notepad to change timing values to be exactly what is required.
Import the updated profile.

Use the below for controls.sii found on scs forum.
config_lines[299]: "mix rwinopen `unbound?0 | keyboard.larrow?0 + keyboard.darrow?0 | semantical.rwinopen?0`"
config_lines[300]: "mix rwinclose `unbound?0 | keyboard.larrow?0 + keyboard.uarrow?0 | semantical.rwinclose?0`"
config_lines[301]: "mix lwinopen `unbound?0 | keyboard.rarrow?0 + keyboard.darrow?0 | semantical.lwinopen?0`"
config_lines[302]: "mix lwinclose `unbound?0 | keyboard.rarrow?0 + keyboard.uarrow?0 | semantical.lwinclose?0`"

"with these commands basically I open and close both left and right windows at the same time with a simple push of up/down keyboard arrows. if I want only to open/close the left window, I keep left arrow pressed and hit also up/down arrows. toggle of the up/down arrows will control how much you want the window to open/close. same thing for the right window."

I want both windows to open at the same time so audio plays in both ears rather than one. So that code will be fine using up and down arrow keys.

View 1 = head movement cannot pass through window.
View 5 = head movement can pass through window.

LWMB = Left Wheel Middle Button - open window.
RWMB = Right Wheel Middle Button - close window.

Quick press LWMB and the following happens (via recorded key presses - logitech):
Down arrow is pressed for 4 seconds (if that equals ~70% window open).
5 key is pressed (to change to view 5).

The window is now open enough to put your head out.

Another Quick press LWMB and the following happens:
Down arrow is pressed for 4 seconds (100% window open).
5 key is pressed (to change to view 5, but is already view 5, no problem).

The window is now fully open to put your head out.

Quick press RWMB and the following happens:
1 key is pressed (to change to view 1 to stop head being trapped!).
Up arrow is pressed for 4 seconds (if that equals ~30% window open from 100% open).

The window is now 30% open and you can't put your head out.

Another Quick press RWMB and the following happens:
1 key is pressed (to change to view 1, but already 1 so no problem).
Up arrow is pressed for 4 seconds (window closed).

The window is now closed and you can't put your head out.

Quick list of window options:
LWMB -> 70% open -> RWMB -> closed.
LWMB -> 70% open -> LWMB -> fully open -> RWMB -> 30% open -> RWMB -> closed.

So you can have the windows closed and not be able to put your head out of the window.
Or you can have the windows open 30% to hear the outside world whilst not being able to put your head out of the window.
Or you can have the windows 70% open to hear the outside world and can put your head out of the window.
Or you can have the windows fully open to hear the outside world and still put your head out of the window.
Last edited by JHTrucker on April 27th, 2020, 4:24 pm, edited 13 times in total.
multimon_config.sii files: viewtopic.php?p=17658#p17658
controls.sii edits: viewtopic.php?p=24744#p24744
TrackIR Driving Enhancements: viewtopic.php?p=46613#p46613
Extra Cameras: viewtopic.php?p=46034#p46034
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » April 20th, 2020, 11:36 pm

DAMN, you're good! I'll have a go at it later and will report about it! :D
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
alonzam99

Post by alonzam99 » April 20th, 2020, 11:56 pm

JHTrucker wrote:
April 20th, 2020, 11:27 pm
g_cam-block not required... This is my next test/idea that almost works... feel free to fix and publish for everyone to use.

The idea, make a mod using the ATS W900 truck as a test:
Camera view 1 (inside cab view) works as normal, you look left and head moves out through the window.
Camera view 5 (new inside cab view) works by only turning left/right inside the cab.
I'm still on 1.36 so i'm guessing this bit.
Pressing 1 could also be bound to window open as well?
Pressing 5 could also be bound to window close as well?
Or all could be bound to better buttons of your choice?
You may have to edit your controls.sii to bind the same key to multiple operations?
So every time you open or close the window the view also changes... no block required.

But what lets the idea down is the fact that my new camera view 5 won't use the high detail interior. I suspect all camera view's a part from "1" are hard coded to be external and therefore default to the low detail interior.

The interior cam files do specify "outside: true/false" for the various stages of left movement and work well as standard but that's ignored in my new camera view 5 file.

The last part that would need modding (assuming interior was fixed) are the two cam files to match each other for seat position and FOV because the F4 options for seat/FOV only apply to camera view 1.
camera_fov: 70 set to your FOV.
head_offset: (0.0, 0.0, 0.0) set to your seat postion.
camera_azimuth_range: _nameless.interior.kenworth.w900.left1JH
start_head_offset_offset: (0.0, 0.0, 0.0) and so on... (all easily done).

The attached low quality pic is just to illustrate what it looks like.
Top: Normal view 1
Second: Normal view 1 looking left out of the window.
Third: New interior view "5".
Fourth: New interior view "5" looking left and seeing seat belt, no head through window.

Also see attached mod. if you want to try for yourself.
Please don't ask me to provide other trucks, it's not worth the effort. It was just my idea/test.
I havn't understand that, is this works just like window block ?
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » April 20th, 2020, 11:59 pm

@alonzam99

Hold your horses for a while and you will get other peoples opinion on this!
Cool down my friend! :D
JHTrucker
Expert

Post by JHTrucker » April 21st, 2020, 12:40 am

I've had a better thought... i'll add another test file and rewrite a bit of the original post.

EDIT: Original post rewritten, so read all again. Added new V2 test file.
multimon_config.sii files: viewtopic.php?p=17658#p17658
controls.sii edits: viewtopic.php?p=24744#p24744
TrackIR Driving Enhancements: viewtopic.php?p=46613#p46613
Extra Cameras: viewtopic.php?p=46034#p46034
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » April 21st, 2020, 2:05 am

@JHTrucker

Yep, I can see why you switched the two views relation to open/close window!
Let's see how it feels and looks, when using it!
alonzam99

Post by alonzam99 » April 21st, 2020, 10:47 am

@JHTrucker

Now I understood what you mean with the 2 different cab viewes and sorry for saying this but I don't think that it is a good idea.
If I want to drive with open window ? (after all , the idea with the new fmod is to have the option to roll down your truck window and hear the traffic sounds upcoming from outside).
Also I want the real "window block" feel that also when the window is closed I can't move my head through the window and only when I roll down the window I can look to the rear from the window.
AfxTwn

Post by AfxTwn » April 21st, 2020, 11:51 am

Hi, does anyone know if the settings on page 1 will work in VR? I am using a Vive and wondered if they would help with striking a balance between better graphics and good performance in VR. I have seen another user called affluence on the SCS forum who has used some NPI settings but he is using a WMR headset so I am not sure if they will work for me https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php ... start=1400.
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » April 21st, 2020, 12:00 pm

@AfxTwn

This scheme will only modify the graphics rendering making it higher quality, so I would
think that, apart from where in the graphics pipeline the VR images are taken, it should
work there too. I don't have a VR headset running right now, used to play with a mobile
phone based one, so I would also be curious of whether it works properly on VR too. Why
don't you do a test of it, limiting yourself in the test to ONLY Step 1 - 3! If you do, please
report back here. I'm sure there are others wondering too! :D