[DX11] Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI)

Make your game even better
BenganJ

Re: [DX11] Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI)

Post by BenganJ » March 18th, 2020, 5:32 pm

@JHTrucker

Q&A added to first post (in proper place?) and also transferred to my latest post
on the SCS forum!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
JHTrucker
Expert

Post by JHTrucker » March 18th, 2020, 5:54 pm

@BenganJ - That's ok, it was only "FPS tank Q&A" that needed a jiggle around to give people a "what to do first" type order. But having looked at that again, perhaps it should be (lod's-AA-res). Sorry!

If your interested why the tiny menu issue happens, assuming your still reading...

We set the menu to <100% to stop gfx flipping.
When changing triple resolution to single resolution the game still thinks it's triple wide aspect ratio and squashes the menu to 1/3 of the single screen because menu isn't at 100%.
Reloading the game and menu is scaled to single resolution again.

Here's what SCS multimon help info states:
Note that all built in-modes expect at least three monitors and will actually enabled only when the resolution has aspect ratio of at least 2.5:1.

So it's hard coded to trigger menu change for ultra wide aspect monitors / triples.

Still awake?
multimon_config.sii files: viewtopic.php?p=17658#p17658
controls.sii edits: viewtopic.php?p=24744#p24744
TrackIR Driving Enhancements: viewtopic.php?p=46613#p46613
Extra Cameras: viewtopic.php?p=46034#p46034
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » March 18th, 2020, 6:32 pm

@JHTrucker

Sure I'm awake and all you say is interesting! But I'm watching Wombat Live Stream
at the same time, so answers are a bit slow! :D
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LarryA

Post by LarryA » March 19th, 2020, 1:34 am

Please do "Not Take This Comment wrong. I appreciate the comments. Could not figure out what was causing the bottle neck and screen tearing at 60 Hz.. Please note changes made to monitor settings. ATS is smoothe as silk. Cleaner textures. Shake all of your hands if possible.

Monitor LG 34UC97-S Ultra Wide 3440 x 1440. Cable connection Certified DP cable.
"Bad" setting created a number of issues. 30Hz for ATS...
Settings: Ratio Widescreen Mode Picture Mode, NCP 3440 x 1440 Native 1/2 refresh rate 30Hz. At 60 Hz create a bottle neck = FPS drop from 60 below 32 FPS. Created blurry textures small road signs. Micro Stutters. this setting was not an issue with DX 9 and NPI....
Best setting: DX11 & NPI and this guide settings.
Ratio 1:1_ will still be in a wide screen effect. Not a full explanation in the PDF Instructions how a 1:1 ratio effects the monitor. Not sure is this Pixel Count is changes to color saturation? Mode Custom NCP 3440 x 1440 60Hz Native Screen tearing No. Silky smoothe. Gammer mode screen color saturation is washed out effect plus a bit blurry.

NPI and NCP settings. Have a few questions. "Please" and Thank You for your replies.

Activated Presently recommended NPI settings see Note 1.
Antialiasing - Setting '32xS (Combined 2x2SS + 8xMS) This setting seems to be lighter load over all on the CPU and GPU compared to 8x setting?
Antialiasing - Transparency Supersampling ------ '8x Sparse Grid
"Is This Correct" could someone please explain Ignore film grain. NPI Sharpening Value 0.60 Auto changed NCP/Tab ATS_to Image Sharpening 0.60, ignore film grain 2180380.
Notes 3 Setting "poor mans adaptive sync. Frame Rate Limiter V3 60 FPS Plus other settings per Notes 3. Setting really helped with stabilizing system load. 60 FPS, Clearer screen over all.
All Graphic settings High + Ultra, Mirror Resolution Medium. Mirror Quality High. Distance custom.
uset r_mirror_view_distance "100" Examples: uset g_lod_factor_parked "1.0" 2.0 or higher trees will not load properly causes popping. Lack of better terminology. In very specific points. "GPS" points on the map. Seattle, Port Angeles and Portland system load is increased significantly. Move the tractor and trailer one truck length or a few 100 ft the system load will decrease. Example 60 FPS down to 51 FPS. Before monitor changes 60 FPS drop to 31 FPS caused by incorrect monitor settings. Question: Could the specific points be related to texture resolutions or where an object on the map joins with another object? Not faulting SCS in any way. Currious more than anything can live with it.

Thank You for your reply. Still playing around settings little tweeks. Wombats mod installed as well.

Have A Great Day
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » March 19th, 2020, 3:28 pm

@JHTrucker

Reply from spinner66 again:
spinner66 wrote:
March 19th, 2020, 12:48 pm
Just accept the change and then exit game and restart. Menu will now stay fullscreen.
This can happen when changing resolutions, so no need to keep doing this once set.

This didn't work , menu was still small and centred on screen but when I click "drive" the game went to full centre screen but still in triple mode , so squashed horizontally and divided into 3. Probably something in the multimon config could have fixed that.
I found a solution anyway , a quick way to trick Nvidia surround into thinking Im running a single monitor.

https://github.com/falahati/HeliosDisplayManagement

This combined with the single monitor multimon_config file did the trick. Plus it is helpful when running games full screen mode on centre only and allow other stuff to run on the side monitors , things like Trucky Web map for example.

Thanks again BenganJ and also thanks to JHTrucker. Yes JH , some people dont want to be helped , others will find a solution themselves. :D
JHTrucker
Expert

Post by JHTrucker » March 19th, 2020, 5:47 pm

@BenganJ - Last reply to this.

"full centre screen but still in triple mode , so squashed horizontally and divided into 3."

That's because you kept the triple.AA file when using a single monitor resolution.
Happy you've got it working anyway.
multimon_config.sii files: viewtopic.php?p=17658#p17658
controls.sii edits: viewtopic.php?p=24744#p24744
TrackIR Driving Enhancements: viewtopic.php?p=46613#p46613
Extra Cameras: viewtopic.php?p=46034#p46034
Gravesteyn

Post by Gravesteyn » March 19th, 2020, 8:01 pm

Great, just blew up my GTX980TI card.
Made all settings, played for around one hour (great graphics). then PC crashed and rebooted. After reboot no display.
Had to reinstall windows. Now when I change to full HD resolution I get a lot of random green pixels for about 1-2 minutes and then a black screen.
Monitor gives 'no signal'.
Removed the GTX and now running on internal video card (so no gaming).

Not sure if it is this settings that caused the dead of my card but it is strange that it blew up after changeing the settings. Can be co-incident.

Any way, Ordered a RTX2070S as a replacement. Lots of money but better graphics.

Orm.
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » March 19th, 2020, 8:09 pm

@Gravesteyn

I'm very sad to hear that you had a graphic crash, BUT I'm pretty sure that
it wasn't due to the settings from here! We would have been flooded by
people reporting that kind of result, if that was true! I hope you will test
these settings when you get the new card, as a new card will NOT give you
better graphics automatically!
Ticreut29
PPM

Post by Ticreut29 » March 20th, 2020, 10:41 am

I buy a free sync 144hz gaming monitor: https://www.amazon.fr/Viewsonic-VX2458- ... ers&sr=1-3
It's cheap but it's good, do you think I will always get lag with Freesync or they will get killed?

Also now Freesync is compatible with Nvidia card, and it will probably work with my 1050ti because this is a GTX 10 series.
Before the answer was no about free sync with Nvidia graphics card.
My specs
====================================
Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PLUS MAX
Memory: Kingston Hyper Fury X 3200 MHz
Graphics card: Palit Geforce RTX 3070 Gamerock OC
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Storage: SSD Samsung 860 QVO
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » March 20th, 2020, 11:50 am

@Ticreut29

My friend, NOT ALL Freesync monitors are possible to use with Nvidias G-Sync
scheme. Nvidia has tested a lot of them, but hasn't approved many to do a good
job! Please, check with the list from Nvidia regarding approved Freesync monitors,
otherwise you might get even a worse result. BUT, you can always test yourself if
it works OKAY and it would probably been better if you'd ask before buying. And
mind you a monitor has NOTHING to do with LAG! Also, every monitor will work
with your graphics card, it's just a question about HOW GOOD!