[DX11] Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI)

Make your game even better
BenganJ

Re: [DX11] Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI)

Post by BenganJ » March 16th, 2020, 2:57 pm

@LarryA

Thanks again for that information! I myself ALWAYS use Custom Install and tick that Clean Install
and, not always though, untick things I know I don't use. But I want to ask you, as I don't know
myself, can I use Nvidia's game overlay without installing GeForce Experience?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
ykon28

Post by ykon28 » March 16th, 2020, 3:04 pm

BenganJ wrote:
March 14th, 2020, 6:47 pm

Here's the result from me.

Code: Select all

1920x1080 - GTX1660Ti - No V-Sync - No FPS limiter - No driving
---------------------------------------------------------------
2xMS + 2xSGSS = 144 fps
4xMS + 4xSGSS = 138 fps
8xMS + 8xSGSS = 125 fps
8xS (combined 1x2 SS + 4xMS) + 4xSGSS = 138 fps
16xS (combined 2x2 SS + 4xMS) + 4xSGSS = 138 fps
32xS (combined 2x2 SS + 8xMS) + 8xSGSS = 125 fps
@BenganJ
Supersampling (combined 1x2 SS or 2x2) should tank the performance. Since you get identical performance it possibly does not activate at all.A quick way to check is VRAM usage (2x2 should use much more).
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » March 16th, 2020, 3:44 pm

@ykon28

Have you tested and verified that yourself? I can admit that I judged if AA worked
only by watching the more or less static image from cabin view, but in none of the
test cases I saw any severe flickering indicating that I had lost AA. I can redo the
test and check more carefully, but if you have facts already, please post them!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LarryA

Post by LarryA » March 16th, 2020, 3:53 pm

BenganJ wrote:
March 16th, 2020, 2:57 pm
@LarryA

Thanks again for that information! I myself ALWAYS use Custom Install and tick that Clean Install
and, not always though, untick things I know I don't use. But I want to ask you, as I don't know
Please understand I am "Not that "techy". This guide used primarily for flight simulation. Use Nvidias game overlay FPS ck not sure what other features the Steam overlay has?. Please understand "Not" all that familiar with the Steam Overlay. Yes can enable and disable FPS F1 or F2 with out GeForce Experience. Friends chat will work as well. Short version have Steam Overlay enabled. Hope this answers your question.

The reason I posted the how to guide. Shut down all non essential apps running in the back ground.
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » March 16th, 2020, 3:58 pm

@LarryA

Okay, what I wanted to know was if Nvidia's Freestyle filters would work without GeForce Experience,
as you reach them through the game overlay. Showing FPS I have other and better ways to do!
LarryA

Post by LarryA » March 16th, 2020, 4:21 pm

BenganJ wrote:
March 16th, 2020, 2:57 pm
@LarryA

You are welcome hope the how to helps a few may be having issues. May cause a CTD if graphic driver is not installed properly. Then you add DX11 and NPI into the mix can very easily cause conflicts and not function properly.

Thank You and Have A Great Day
LarryA

Post by LarryA » March 16th, 2020, 4:44 pm

BenganJ wrote:
March 16th, 2020, 3:58 pm
@LarryA

Okay, what I wanted to know was if Nvidia's Freestyle filters would work without GeForce Experience,
as you reach them through the game overlay. Showing FPS I have other and better ways to do!
Did a search in re guards to Freestyle Filters basically enhances the Graphics using G Force Experience. Can not answer yes or no have not tested. Cannot truth fully answer your question. Sorry could not be more helpful.

Have A Great Day.
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » March 16th, 2020, 4:52 pm

@LarryA

No problem! I just thought that if you knew for sure, I could skip testing it myself!
JHTrucker
Expert

Post by JHTrucker » March 16th, 2020, 5:19 pm

@black-coffee - In regard to AA compatibility bits...
How did i find the current one? I started with the one this site was already using 072 but it had many issues before 7th Feb.
Changed 1 character at a time and checked game, repeat!
Was i just lucky to find a working one so quickly (about 15 minutes)?
Joined forum.
F7F was the best for about a week until it was noticed some vegetation had glowing outlines.
A7F fixed it and kept all the other fixes as well.
So, messing with the AA bits means there's a lot to checks for anomalies, not just good AA.

Shimmer, i've decided that using sharpening (for me) is a bad idea (turned off). The AA naturally blurs pixels in the distance but using sharpening then just makes them stand out more. Sharpening is a recent thing in the driver so never used with DX9 NPI.

Remember, DX11 AA was considered impossible. So what we have today is a great solution.
I was happy to stay at 1.35 DX9 NPI for evermore.
multimon_config.sii files: viewtopic.php?p=17658#p17658
controls.sii edits: viewtopic.php?p=24744#p24744
TrackIR Driving Enhancements: viewtopic.php?p=46613#p46613
Extra Cameras: viewtopic.php?p=46034#p46034
black-coffee

Post by black-coffee » March 16th, 2020, 5:32 pm

so basically a process of trial and error, yeah what we have now is really good. And you also might be right about the sharpening feature worsening the AA issues, I also jumped on the bandwagon and over used it I guess...