[TOOL] Custom ATS/ETS2 FOV & Multimon Settings Calculator

Make your game even better
a1337cookie

Re: [TOOL] Custom ATS/ETS2 FOV & Multimon Settings Calculator

Post by a1337cookie » January 8th, 2024, 6:51 pm

@zincify - Looks like you copied something wrong for left monitor, maybe heading offset. If you don't like copy pasting so much, try the console script output method in my Hybrid Calculator. Instructions are in my guide linked at the top.
CertifiedPyro

Post by CertifiedPyro » August 23rd, 2024, 9:57 pm

Hi, I really appreciate your calculator! I had a question: I know that if we want to see more of the dashboard/wheel, we might have to lower the distance to the screen in the calculator. However, if I used a mod instead that allowed me to shift the seat further back, would that mess up what the accurate FOV should be at all?
a1337cookie

Post by a1337cookie » August 23rd, 2024, 10:09 pm

@CertifiedPyro - Nope, moving the camera position (seat position) is a separate thing from FOV. As long as your monitor setup and IRL head position match what you put in the calculator, the FOV will remain accurate.
CertifiedPyro

Post by CertifiedPyro » August 24th, 2024, 11:58 am

Thank you! One other thing I noticed is that reflections seem to be messed up during the rain when I split my 1 curved monitor into 4 monitors, like the reflections are being duplicated across multiple "monitors." I tried attaching a screenshot to show this. I'm not sure if there's a way to fix this? It only really seems to affect weather mods (e.g. Weather 3.1, Realistic Rain) since vanilla weather doesn't really have strong reflections in the rain.
a1337cookie

Post by a1337cookie » August 24th, 2024, 11:50 pm

Yeah, I don't think there's anything I can do about that. The only thing I can think of to try is to use 0 curvature in the calculator, but still split into 4 views. That should look visually identical to just 1 view without splitting.

If you still see the duplicate reflections, then it might just be an issue with the mod. But if not, then maybe that's just how the reflections are supposed to look.

It also might be less noticeable if you split into 3 instead of 4. That way there's no seam down the middle.