[DX11] Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI)

Make your game even better
BenganJ

Re: [DX11] Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI)

Post by BenganJ » February 20th, 2021, 8:30 pm

@MrPapaBear

That setting has NO effect unless you also set under the section Common
the Ambient Occlusion usage to Enabled! So, if you have it Disabled under
Common you can keep it at the top.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
MrPapaBear
PPM

Post by MrPapaBear » February 20th, 2021, 8:48 pm

Ok then everything is perfect. Thats the setting where you have it set to disabled till you find a solution to get it working properly. The Game looks amazing with this the Nvidia Filter. Thank you for the great work, on everyone thats involved in this
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » February 20th, 2021, 8:50 pm

@MrPapaBear

We all thank you for the nice words and enjoy the game!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
tantalus

Post by tantalus » February 20th, 2021, 8:52 pm

clear F1 wrote:
February 20th, 2021, 12:22 pm
Sorry, I didn't try.
While using the 2070 Super I will use driver 442.74 and NPI 2.3.0.10.
I'll change when I can afford a 3090 :)
What has to do the nvidia driver version with having a better card?

The nvidia inspector latest version will work as well with the latest drivers of nvidia. You dont need to stick to 442.74, in fact i dont recommend you to do that. Latest nvidia drivers have many many fixes and bug workarouns since the 442.74. It wont affect ATS or ETS2 probably, of course, but other games will. Latest drivers of nvidia have a sharpening option as well. About the ambien oclussion, thats a garbaje feature, and ATS / ETS2 doesnt have a proper shadow system to implement decent AO. Everybody should avoid to use it in-game. You are not going to notice almost any difference, and if you do , its going to be for the worst. But as happened with the cheap antialiasing they added time ago, thats the only thing they do. To implement pointless features in an obsolete engine update after update, giving people the false pretension that they are actually working in the game engine. Because they think most players are clueless about what aliasing means, what shimmering means, and what not. They also are young players, and they never experienced playing videogames without shimmering and terrible aliasing. The only thing they know is the ATS / ETS2 of today.

And its amazing, because the game without nvidia inspector is basically unplayable for me. But people love to play hurting their eyes and not even having details of their envirnoment (when thats one of the most atractive features of these games) because of the extreme flickering and shimmering.

The new lightning system is garbaje. Its completely broken. But im not surprised, they keep traying to add more and more semi-advanced features to a game engine that its already dying since ages ago. But yeah, people love the new lightning system, as they loved the "new" antialiasing, and as they the ambien oclussion feature, etc, etc. Sad, really sad.

I just pray that nvidia inspector will always work with ETS2 /ATS. The day it doesnt... these games are done for me. If i wanted to play a visually broken game i would just play any driving game from the year 2000.

Thanks guys for keeping this thread alive, the game will be completely trash without nvidia inspector tweaks.
Last edited by tantalus on February 20th, 2021, 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Windows 10 xxxx.xxx whatever is the last version... lol.
Ryzen 5 2600x
Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660 Ti Gaming 6Gb
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming 450B
16Gb Corsair RAM
Gaming on a 1TB M2 SDD Seagate.
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » February 20th, 2021, 8:54 pm

@tantalus

I won't discuss this with you mate, as we know exactly what we're doing! Case closed!

EDIT: And I can promise you that at least I will try to get it working as long as possible!
tantalus

Post by tantalus » February 20th, 2021, 8:58 pm

BenganJ wrote:
February 20th, 2021, 8:54 pm
@tantalus

I won't discuss this with you mate, as we know exactly what we're doing! Case closed!
I know that you think the same as me, in this matter (i think). But why there must be a discussion? lol. This was a semi-offtopic post from me, nothing more... again, thanks for these npi tweaks. The only way to keep ATS / ETS2 alive.
Windows 10 xxxx.xxx whatever is the last version... lol.
Ryzen 5 2600x
Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660 Ti Gaming 6Gb
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming 450B
16Gb Corsair RAM
Gaming on a 1TB M2 SDD Seagate.
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » February 20th, 2021, 9:03 pm

@tantalus

Mate, sorry if you got hurt, that was by no means what was meant from me. It's just that we have a reason
for sticking with the older driver and NPI and we know what the consequences would be if we upgraded.
No offence meant, mate!
JHTrucker
Expert

Post by JHTrucker » February 21st, 2021, 2:21 am

Single ultra wide flat monitor AA setup - (using triple image with stretch reduction for left and right sides).

Consider this a working test!

This may be a solution to using the single monitor setup that stretches the image the wider it is.
By rendering 3 images next to each other on one flat screen and reducing the stretched look for left & right side.

Use the multmon_config.sii from the folder within the zip that suits your required FOV 50/55/60/65/70 all with either 10% or 20% left/right stretch reduction.

Set in game F4 FOV slider to 40 to ensure full vertical
movement, even though it shouldn't affect the view it
does prevent you looking down if left on a high value!

Note 1: As this is now 3 rendered images instead of just 1, expect lower fps / higher gpu usage.
Note 2: In game zoom feature won't work because of overriding FOV in this file.
Note 3: If you see a vertical black or white line between the images, then do this:
Edit the file to move the left and right image to slightly overlap the centre image.

monitor_config : _nameless.Left.AA {
name: left
normalized_x: 0.000300 <-- 0.000400 or <-- 0.000500

monitor_config : _nameless.Right.AA {
name: right
normalized_x: 0.666366 <-- 0.666266 or <-- 0.666166

Single AA Ultra Wide Flat Screen.zip --> https://mega.nz/file/u9gwSIJA#d_dg7hxfs ... W6MthykRWg
Single AA Ultra Wide Flat Screen.zip
See below for low quality pic (same aspect ratio as 5120x1440) to illustrate the difference.
Top pic, Single.AA.v4 with FOV 60
Middle pic, This file with FOV 60 and 10% left/right stretch reduction.
Bottom pic, This file with FOV 60 and 20% left/right stretch reduction.
Added coloured dots (red, blue & green) to help show the differences & increased view.

================================================================================

ATS/ETS2 Additional non standard screen configurations to try for Single, Dual, Triple or Quad screen setups.
Here:
https://roextended.ro/forum/viewtopic.p ... 658#p17658

TRACKIR Close window block solutions: https://roextended.ro/forum/viewtopic.p ... 250#p19250
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by JHTrucker on October 17th, 2022, 1:24 pm, edited 6 times in total.
multimon_config.sii files: viewtopic.php?p=17658#p17658
controls.sii edits: viewtopic.php?p=24744#p24744
TrackIR Driving Enhancements: viewtopic.php?p=46613#p46613
Extra Cameras: viewtopic.php?p=46034#p46034
mgysgtdev

Post by mgysgtdev » February 21st, 2021, 11:40 am

@BenganJ may i ask what the pros are of sticking with an older driver version?
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » February 21st, 2021, 11:42 am

@mgysgtdev

For me with the graphics card I have and the comparatively low FPS I get I like to have
access to the later removed SILK_Smoothness, as it helps to get a smoother experience.