[GUIDE] Multi-Monitor Setups - Tricks For Setting Up Mismatched/Unconventional Resolutions (Bypass Nvidia Surround)

Make your game even better
KaineValkyrie

Re: [GUIDE] Multi-Monitor Setups - Tricks For Setting Up Mismatched/Unconventional Resolutions (Bypass Nvidia Surround)

Post by KaineValkyrie » May 15th, 2024, 4:29 pm

a1337cookie wrote:
April 24th, 2024, 1:38 am
@KaineValkyrie - The issue is with the virtual screen space, not the physical measurements. In Hybrid Calculator, you should adjust the vertical pixel offsets for your side monitors until the virtual screen space visualization diagram matches the configuration in Windows display settings or your graphics control panel.

For example, if you have your side monitors center aligned in your display settings, you will want a vertical pixel offset of 540 in the calculator. If they are bottom aligned, the vertical offset should be 1080. With no vertical pixel offset, it will be top aligned.
I've adjusted this number for vertical screen space on the hybrid calc, but it's not actually changing the virtual screen space visualization diagram. Am I doing something wrong? (the answer is probably yes)
a1337cookie

Re: [GUIDE] Multi-Monitor Setups - Tricks For Setting Up Mismatched/Unconventional Resolutions (Bypass Nvidia Surround)

Post by a1337cookie » May 15th, 2024, 5:03 pm

@KaineValkyrie - You're editing this part of the calculator, right?

This input should result in a visualization diagram like this.

If the diagram isn't changing, try making a fresh copy of the calculator to fix any broken formulas.
JohnnyS

Post by JohnnyS » May 19th, 2024, 9:22 pm

With the new 1.50 update, this setup/process has seemed to randomly broke for me. I am now getting black bars on the top of my left and right monitors. I tried recreating the multimon config but it doesn't seem to do anything. I tried the latest calculator hybrid and used the console output but nothing seems to change. If I move the vertical offset it'll move the monitor up but that black bar stays up top. Has anything changed affecting this process?
a1337cookie

Post by a1337cookie » May 20th, 2024, 2:08 am

@JohnnyS - It seems that recent updates changed how the normalized_y multimon parameter works. It now specifies the top edge of the monitor rather than the bottom. Interestingly, the SCS documentation page for the multimon file has not been updated to reflect this change, so I'm not sure if it was intentional.

Regardless, I will update the Hybrid Calculator soon to fix this. In the meantime, you can imagine the virtual screen space visualization diagram as being mirrored vertically. So if the diagram looks like this:

The result will actually be like this:

Hopefully you can still get the correct values that way.
JohnnyS

Post by JohnnyS » May 20th, 2024, 8:02 pm

[quote=a1337cookie post_id=64221 time=1716160115 user_id=16138]
@JohnnyS - It seems that recent updates changed how the normalized_y multimon parameter works. It now specifies the top edge of the monitor rather than the bottom. Interestingly, the SCS documentation page for the multimon file has not been updated to reflect this change, so I'm not sure if it was intentional.

[url=https://postimg.cc/SXx5H1g0][img]https://i.postimg.cc/436g7rt3/Docu1.png[/img][/url]

Regardless, I will update the Hybrid Calculator soon to fix this. In the meantime, you can imagine the virtual screen space visualization diagram as being mirrored vertically. So if the diagram looks like this:

[url=https://postimg.cc/rzzTDj2F][img]https://i.postimg.cc/wxQjb4WJ/Calc1.png[/img][/url]

The result will actually be like this:

[url=https://postimg.cc/tskvt0h0][img]https://i.postimg.cc/Xv6MW4qv/Calc2.png[/img][/url]

Hopefully you can still get the correct values that way.
[/quote]

Seems like this will point me in the right direction at least. I can get it almost perfect with -0.75, I can wait until you update the calculator to fine tune it. It looks like also in the console that wont update the view in game when that option gets changed. It does change the multimon file though, just nothing in game.
JHTrucker
Expert

Post by JHTrucker » May 20th, 2024, 8:49 pm

@JohnnyS

To see changes after modifying the multimon file whist in game:
Use the console, type multimon reload and press enter and close console.
multimon_config.sii files: viewtopic.php?p=17658#p17658
controls.sii edits: viewtopic.php?p=24744#p24744
TrackIR Driving Enhancements: viewtopic.php?p=46613#p46613
Extra Cameras: viewtopic.php?p=46034#p46034
a1337cookie

Post by a1337cookie » May 21st, 2024, 12:17 am

I've updated the Hybrid Calculator to fix the normalized y parameter. There's now a checkbox that applies the fix; unchecking it will return it to the previous behaviour, for those who aren't on the latest update.

I also added multimon reload to the console script output. In my testing, it wasn't necessary, but it also didn't seem to hurt, so I added it anyways. Let me know if anything goes wrong.
JohnnyS

Post by JohnnyS » May 22nd, 2024, 8:47 pm

a1337cookie wrote:
May 21st, 2024, 12:17 am
I've updated the Hybrid Calculator to fix the normalized y parameter. There's now a checkbox that applies the fix; unchecking it will return it to the previous behaviour, for those who aren't on the latest update.

I also added multimon reload to the console script output. In my testing, it wasn't necessary, but it also didn't seem to hurt, so I added it anyways. Let me know if anything goes wrong.
It does look like it is looking good now! Thanks