[DX11] Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI)

Make your game even better
Slaabb

Re: [DX11] Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI)

Post by Slaabb » August 11th, 2023, 5:18 am

Can any one help. As soon as I turn the truck lights on in ate my frames drop dramatically. When the lights are off everything is fine and smooth. This has happened since. I started using npi. Thanks
hilde86

Post by hilde86 » August 13th, 2023, 9:44 am

ItsMiK4 wrote:
July 19th, 2023, 5:58 pm
I'm currently running 1.48 OpenBeta in both games and started to experience some serious performance issues with head tracker (Tobii 4C in my case) using these recommended settings on vanilla game (no mods).

The issue was very choppy performance when moving my head, but there were no fps drops, which looked very strange. Frametime graph was very flat at 100fps. Knowing that, the only logical explanation was that the issue have something to do with Vsync. Worth mentioning is I'm using latest GPU drivers on RTX 3090 Strix, 165Hz G-Sync 1440p monitor.

After some extensive testing and research, I found the way to fix this very annoying problem.

- removed frame limiter (if any)
- Maximum pre-rendered frames to 3
- forced 1/2 Vsync (made my game run at 82fps)
- Smooth AFR to ON
- Tear control to Adaptive

These changes made the game run very smooth at 82fps, with no stutter or frame drops (except caused by bad game optimization) and it gave me a chance to run 8x SGSSAA and 8x MSAA without performance loss. Also, worth mentioning is that t_averaging_window_length is set to 0, making GPU do all the computing. GPU load was around 60-70% in dense areas, with 15-25% CPU load. It is noticeable that SCS made some engine improvements recently, making better CPU cores utilization. Unfortunately, they're not coming out public with changes they're making to the engine, so we can only guess based upon performance factors.

Hope these settings would help someone having the similar issues.

What setting are you using for the "low latency mode" in NPI?
venmzvi

Post by venmzvi » August 13th, 2023, 12:53 pm

Regarding the setup of different screen numbers, I share here a good solution to the problem of inconsistency at the connection connection. Through the link I reprinted, you can get this trouble-saving calculation process of the calculation result.This webpage details a detailed calculation of single-screen, dual-screen, three-screen, symmetrical three-screen but not the same size.This can help everyone get a better visual experience of gaming.
For details, please refer to:https://zhuanlan.zhihu.com/p/37551977
(It is worth noting that this is a Chinese website, please contact me if you cannot access it)
The top half of column B shown in the figure is the input parameters.
AZE

Post by AZE » August 19th, 2023, 10:24 pm

добрый день почему на некоторых компьютерах нет мерцания игры a в некоторых есть от чего это зависит я поменял видеокарту амд rtx580 и gtx 1650 мерцания все остались от чего это может быть
good afternoon why on some computers there is no flickering of the game and in some there is what it depends on I changed the video card amd rtx580 and gtx 1650 flickering all remained from what it could be
Lisper

Post by Lisper » August 24th, 2023, 10:56 pm

I'm a little bit confused.
I have a RTX4070 and a Gigabyte M27Q (1440p, 170 hhz), so i think my system uses an adaptative sync (correct me if i'm wrong)

So, with that specs, where i have to set this lines? (NPI, NPC, ingame)

- frame limiter
- Maximum pre-rendered frames
- Vsync
- Smooth AFR
- Tear control to Adaptive
jsodgaming

Post by jsodgaming » August 25th, 2023, 4:34 am

I did the following for ATS but it should work for all the truckers.

First, I want to say thanks to everyone who contributed to the treasure trove of information on this thread from a1337cookie's badass calculator to the settings tested and suggested. I know from experience it takes hours on hours to test because it took me hours to tweak mine and this is the reason why I'm posting. Hopefully, my advice will save others time when they do their setup. The advice that follows is for a triple, mismatched, 8560x1440 setup, I'm sure this would work for lower/other resolutions but some of my graphic settings would change if I was using one 3440x1440 monitor.

My Hardware:

Monitors:
1 - Alienware Curved 34 Inch WQHD 3440 X 1440 120Hz, NVIDIA G-SYNC, IPS, AW3420DW (Primary)
2 - Sceptre 27" IPS 2K Monitor QHD 2560 x 1440 75Hz (flanking)

CPU:
Intel Core i9 9900k

RAM:
G.SKILL TridentZ 32GB

GPU:
EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

SSD:
Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe
Samsung 860 EVO 1TB

My Software:
Borderless Gaming (Free Github Beta version) - needed because of mismatched monitors. I used SRWE originally and to me, BG is a better choice. The biggest reason is after adding ATS to favorites it will load the profile when you start ATS. You still have to do the "Enable V-sync - Cancel trick" for it to recognize resolution but you don't have to alt-tab and load the profile like you do with SRWE.

Result:
60+ FPS Outside Cities
40+ FPS Inside Cities
Usually, nighttime has better results but never worse.

I should add, that this is the low end for some of the badly optimized cities and states because that is a thing. I will get 55+ in San Diego and get 40+ in Kalispell. It has dipped under 40 in some cities but it is rare (more testing is needed). I should also add you're not going to get perfect multimon settings using curved and flat monitors but you can get really close.

Suggestions before going down this rabbit hole:
-Take your time
-Be organized - make backups of the originals
-Start fresh - create a new profile (No mods)
-Read and follow (BenganJ & JHTrucker) instructions & their suggestions completely

In my opinion, you should start with low quality to create a baseline to make sure you can get the FPS you want and ramp up the quality settings one by one. (e.g. instead of using 4X use 2X) Because honestly, if you can't achieve decent FPS's on low quality, why continue?

I'm not going to mention every change just the ones that differ from the instructions (most of my changes are mentioned in the instructions or suggestions). Ask me if you want to know a specific setting.

My config.cfg settings that are different (from Default or Instructions) that worked for me:
uset r_buffer_page_size "50"
uset r_mirror_view_distance "200"
uset g_pedestrian "0"
uset g_lod_factor_traffic "1.5"
uset g_traffic "0.75"
uset g_grass_density "1"
uset t_averaging_window_length "0"

My NPI settings that are different:
### NVIDIA Profile Inspector ### American Truck Simulator

[2 - Sync and Refresh]
Maximum Pre-Rendered Frames 3
Vertical Sync - Tear Control Adaptive

[3 - Antialiasing]
Antialiasing - MFAA Enabled Off
Antialiasing - Transparency Supersampling 2x Sparse Grid Supersampling
Antialiasing (MSAA) - Setting 2x [2x Multisampling]

[4 - Texture Filtering]
Texture Filtering - Driver Controlled LOD Bias On
Texture Filtering - LOD Bias (DX) +0.0000
Texture Filtering - Negative LOD bias Clamp

[5 - Common]
Multi-Display / Mixed-GPU Acceleration Multi-display performance mode
Power Management - Mode Prefer maximum performance

[Other]
Memory Allocation Policy 0x00000002 WKS_MEMORY_ALLOCATION_POLICY_AGGRESSIVE_PRE_ALLOCATION

Biggest Improvements----------------------------
For me, smoothness was better by NOT adding the NPI settings:
Texture filtering - Driver Controlled LOD Bias -- 'Off'
Texture filtering - LOD Bias (DX) ----------------- '-1.5000'
Texture filtering - Negative LOD bias ------------ 'Allow'

the FPS was better when:
-I removed Traffic mods
-changed Grass Density to 1
-reduced traffic to 0.75

And actually the biggest killer to my FPS had nothing to do with a graphic setting, I was running a Route Advisor that was connected to a Telemetry Server Plugin. I also use Simdashboard which doesn't seem to affect it or at least enough for me to notice it but I may test it to see if the FPS changes.

So, are all the changed settings needed? I don't know (I going to test more). But, I can say it is possible to get good quality, good performance on an 8560x1440 triple mismatch mon setup. The above settings worked for me along with tweaking Nvidia Freestyle (for looks).
I'll be keeping the Grass Density = 1, Texture filtering - LOD stuff (turned off) and I will not be using the Route Advisor with the TSP. But, I am going to tweak and test some other settings because I would like to have a traffic mod. I really hope this helps and saves you time setting up your rig. I forgot to say I'm running about 15 mods but no graphics or traffic ones.

Keep on Truckin'
jsodgaming
JHTrucker
Expert

Post by JHTrucker » August 25th, 2023, 7:49 pm

@Lisper - Do all those settings in NPI, then you'll have all settings in one place.
Note: Only settings marked as 'App control' will give control of that setting to the game.

@jsodgaming - All that info will be lost within this topic... so I've added a section at the bottom of the first post to link to these type of posts!
Thanks.
multimon_config.sii files: viewtopic.php?p=17658#p17658
controls.sii edits: viewtopic.php?p=24744#p24744
TrackIR Driving Enhancements: viewtopic.php?p=46613#p46613
Extra Cameras: viewtopic.php?p=46034#p46034
a1337cookie

Post by a1337cookie » August 26th, 2023, 4:21 am

@jsodgaming - Thanks for that tidbit about Borderless Gaming. Once I get some time to test, I'll update my guide with that info.
jsodgaming

Post by jsodgaming » August 26th, 2023, 10:26 am

@JHTrucker - I appreciate it, I just hope it helps some people. Honestly, I was giving it one more try because I was getting so frustrated, and finding the Route Advisor + TSP issue was a complete accident.

@a1337cookie - Yeah, test it out. The older version was last updated in 2019 and the new beta version (rewrite) is from June (I believe) this year. I didn't mention it but I was getting a small border around my game window with SRWE but there isn't one with Borderless Gaming. I didn't really research if you could remove the border because I found BG.

@both of you - But again Thank ya'll for all the information
Cinereous

Post by Cinereous » August 27th, 2023, 4:52 am

Hi, The following settings keep resetting to default. What could be the reason?

uset r_multimon_mode "4"
uset r_buffer_page_size "30"
uset g_menu_aa_limit "0"
uset r_sun_shadow_texture_size "8192"
uset g_lod_factor_pedestrian "2"
uset g_lod_factor_parked "2
uset g_lod_factor_traffic "2"
uset r_mirror_view_distance "900"
uset t_averaging_window_length "60"