Controls.sii file changes to enhance the trucking experience. First post Updated 22/03/2024

Make your game even better
CS-TMT
PPM

Re: Controls.sii file changes to enhance the trucking experience. First post Updated 13/09/2021

Post by CS-TMT » December 25th, 2021, 6:52 am

I just found this quite interesting topic and got amazed at the tips here.
Maybe someone can help me with something that isn't talked here.
I had is before in my first days of playing this game back in the beginning of 2020 on my keyboard (didn't have a steering wheel then, which I bought because of this game :grin:) by default, but for a long time I have been lacking and not finding how to bring it back.
When using cruise control, I would like to increase or decrease it continuously by keeping a certain key or joystick/wheel button instead of having to press it multiple times. How can I achieve this?
For example in my case:

mix cruiectrlinc `keyboard.pgup?0 | joy.b4?0 | semantical.cruiectrlinc?0`

mix cruiectrldec `keyboard.pgdn?0 | joy.b1?0 | semantical.cruiectrldec?0`

What can I do to have cruise control increasing WHILE I have Pg Up or Button 4 or decreasing WHILE I have Pg Dn or Button 1 pressed?
Thanks for any help!
JHTrucker
Expert

Re: Controls.sii file changes to enhance the trucking experience. First post Updated 13/09/2021

Post by JHTrucker » December 25th, 2021, 9:04 pm

@CS-TMT - I've always driven with a wheel and so only enable cruise control once i'm at motorway speed, never felt the need to change speed with buttons, even if it is a real thing.
So i've no idea if what you want did work as standard and SCS has changed the way it operates or not. Or you previously used a mod / plugin ?

Anyway, I have an idea to make it work how you want it to but as it's xmas day... you'll have to wait until tomorrow for me to test it out and post my results!
multimon_config.sii files: viewtopic.php?p=17658#p17658
controls.sii edits: viewtopic.php?p=24744#p24744
TrackIR edits: viewtopic.php?p=46613#p46613
Extra Cameras: viewtopic.php?p=46034#p46034
CS-TMT
PPM

Post by CS-TMT » December 25th, 2021, 11:36 pm

Thanks a lot! I'll wait! Merry Xmas!
I tried your toll booth tip and didn't work... Just tried it on a toll in France and no window opened/closed and no camera change.
JHTrucker
Expert

Post by JHTrucker » December 26th, 2021, 4:19 pm

@CS-TMT - Thanks for feedback, but I think you've misunderstood how it works...

You said "toll in France and no window opened/closed and no camera change".

The edit is for 'activate' only and assumes you drive from CAM 1.
You must already have buttons assigned to window open/close.
Then when you press your window open button and at the same time press numpad4 (to look left out of window) the toll will activate.
Numpad4 is default look left but it will work with whatever button you use to look left.
There's no camera change... that's for the refueling edits.

I've just re-checked both options, headtracking and button look in 1.43 and both work.

Head tracking is easier as you just look to the drivers side window and press open window button to activate.
Whereas button look requires you to hold window open button and look left button as the same time.

Hope that helps.
JHTrucker
Expert

Re: Controls.sii file changes to enhance the trucking experience.

Post by JHTrucker » December 26th, 2021, 4:30 pm

Cruise Control - Press & Hold to increase/decrease cruise control speed value rather than repeated key presses.

This should work for ATS/ETS 2 game versions 1.38 to 1.43 but controls.sii line numbers are different between versions.

Don't do this if you have a Tobii Eye device as it will mess up your settings.
Don't do this if you use my 'TrackIR Driving Enhancements', 'TrackIR Option 7 Window Block', 'Extra Cabin Cameras' or Multiple Universal External Cameras'.

UPDATED 28/12/2021 - New zip download (v2) and all line edits have been amended, re-apply them all! You can now choose slow or fast increase/decrease speed.
============================================

What does this do?
When Cruise Control is enabled:
'Press & Hold' PageUp key and your Cruise Control speed will increase 1 at a time until you let go of the key.
'Press & Hold' PageDown key and your Cruise Control speed will decrease 1 at a time until you let go of the key.

'Quick Press' PageUp key and your Cruise Control speed will increase by 1 only.
'Quick Press' PageDown key and your Cruise Control speed will decrease by 1 only.

Download attached 'cc_pulse v2.zip' and extract into your games 'eye_tracking_presets' folder (if you don't have one, create it), example:
C:\Users\TEST\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\eye_tracking_presets\cc_pulse_on.sii
C:\Users\TEST\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\eye_tracking_presets\cc_pulse_off_1.sii
C:\Users\TEST\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\eye_tracking_presets\cc_pulse_off_2.sii
C:\Users\TEST\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\eye_tracking_presets\cc_pulse_off_3.sii
cc_pulse v2.zip
EDIT config_local.cfg (same profile folder as your controls.sii file) with these 4 lines:
Choose between using SLOW or FAST edits:

SLOW Cruise Control value increase/decrease speed:
uset g_eye_preset_4 "u:cc_pulse_off_3"
uset g_eye_preset_3 "u:cc_pulse_off_2"
uset g_eye_preset_2 "u:cc_pulse_off_1"
uset g_eye_preset_1 "u:cc_pulse_on"

FAST Cruise Control value increase/decrease speed:
uset g_eye_preset_4 "u:cc_pulse_off_3"
uset g_eye_preset_3 "u:cc_pulse_off_3"
uset g_eye_preset_2 "u:cc_pulse_off_3"
uset g_eye_preset_1 "u:cc_pulse_on"

EDIT controls.sii with these 6 lines (game version 1.43 line numbers):
config_lines[341]: "mix cruiectrlinc `keyboard.pgup?0 & c_et_xscale & c_et_yscale | semantical.cruiectrlinc?0`"
config_lines[342]: "mix cruiectrldec `keyboard.pgdn?0 & c_et_xscale & c_et_yscale | semantical.cruiectrldec?0`"

config_lines[497]: "mix eyepreset1 `(keyboard.pgup?0 | keyboard.pgdn?0) & ! c_et_xscale & ! c_et_yscale`"
config_lines[498]: "mix eyepreset2 `(keyboard.pgup?0 | keyboard.pgdn?0) & c_et_xscale & c_et_yscale`"
config_lines[499]: "mix eyepreset3 `(keyboard.pgup?0 | keyboard.pgdn?0) & ! c_et_xscale & c_et_yscale`"
config_lines[500]: "mix eyepreset4 `(keyboard.pgup?0 | keyboard.pgdn?0) & c_et_xscale & ! c_et_yscale`"

Gameplay Menu:
Cruise Control Grid Step - Set to '1 km/h or mph'

That's it, go for a drive to try it out.

To use your own keys/buttons:
Replace all 'keyboard.pgup?0' with your preferred Cruise Control increase key or button.
Replace all 'keyboard.pgdn?0' with your preferred Cruise Control decrease key or button.

============================================

Example as originally requested by forum member CS-TMT:
with 2 buttons to increase - keyboard.pgup?0 or joy.b4?0
and 2 buttons to decrease - keyboard.pgdn?0 or joy.b1?0

EDIT controls.sii with these 6 lines (game version 1.43 line numbers):
config_lines[341]: "mix cruiectrlinc `(keyboard.pgup?0 | joy.b4?0) & c_et_xscale & c_et_yscale | semantical.cruiectrlinc?0`"
config_lines[342]: "mix cruiectrldec `(keyboard.pgdn?0 | joy.b1?0) & c_et_xscale & c_et_yscale | semantical.cruiectrldec?0`"

config_lines[497]: "mix eyepreset1 `(keyboard.pgup?0 | keyboard.pgdn?0 | joy.b4?0 | joy.b1?0) & ! c_et_xscale & ! c_et_yscale`"
config_lines[498]: "mix eyepreset2 `(keyboard.pgup?0 | keyboard.pgdn?0 | joy.b4?0 | joy.b1?0) & c_et_xscale & c_et_yscale`"
config_lines[499]: "mix eyepreset3 `(keyboard.pgup?0 | keyboard.pgdn?0 | joy.b4?0 | joy.b1?0) & ! c_et_xscale & c_et_yscale`"
config_lines[500]: "mix eyepreset4 `(keyboard.pgup?0 | keyboard.pgdn?0 | joy.b4?0 | joy.b1?0) & c_et_xscale & ! c_et_yscale`"

Go back to the first post for the full list of what's available: viewtopic.php?p=24744#p24744
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by JHTrucker on March 25th, 2022, 6:53 pm, edited 8 times in total.
CS-TMT
PPM

Post by CS-TMT » December 28th, 2021, 5:19 am

JHTrucker wrote:
December 26th, 2021, 4:19 pm
@CS-TMT - Thanks for feedback, but I think you've misunderstood how it works...
(...)
The edit is for 'activate' only and assumes you drive from CAM 1.
You must already have buttons assigned to window open/close.
Then when you press your window open button and at the same time press numpad4 (to look left out of window) the toll will activate.
Understood now! In fact I misunderstood! Will try again next time I cross a toll booth!

Regarding the CC thing, thanks a lot!!! Impecable now!
JHTrucker
Expert

Post by JHTrucker » December 28th, 2021, 5:45 pm

@CS-TMT - High praise indeed... but I think you secretly would prefer the CC increase/decrease speed to be a bit slower... CC post updated with slow or fast option.
New zip download (v2) and all line edits have been amended, re-apply them all.
Enjoy!
JHTrucker
Expert

Re: Controls.sii file changes to enhance the trucking experience. First post Updated 28/12/2021

Post by JHTrucker » January 29th, 2022, 2:54 pm

Auto pause the driving screen when ALT-TABing.

Make this simple change to your controls.sii file (line number correct for game version 1.43):

config_lines[146]: "mix pause `keyboard.lalt?0 & keyboard.tab?0 | keyboard.pause?0 | semantical.pause?0`"

Now, whenever you press 'ALT & TAB' the driving screen will first pause before minimising.
When you 'ALT & TAB' back to the game you'll see the 'game paused' message box, press 'F1 or PAUSE' to un-pause the game.

Note: This is a pause toggle, if you pause the driving screen (F1 or Pause key) first and then 'ALT & TAB', the game will un-pause and then minimise.

Consider this useful but not quite a perfect solution.

Go back to the first post for the full list of what's available: viewtopic.php?p=24744#p24744
Last edited by JHTrucker on March 25th, 2022, 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LabogHirshimus

Re: Controls.sii file changes to enhance the trucking experience.

Post by LabogHirshimus » February 23rd, 2022, 3:16 am

JHTrucker wrote:
June 26th, 2020, 8:07 pm
At a toll booth that you have to stop at or a border control point, you have to hand over money or documents for checking. You should therefore open the window first.
Hi JHTrucker.

I am struggling to get this working on a 1.43 version.
I am using OpenTrack for head tracking, but I would be perfectly happy if I can only open window to trigger the activation, regardless of the head movement or camera view.
I attempted to rewrite the "mix activate" code like this:

Code: Select all

config_lines[299]: "mix activate `keyboard.enter?0 |(lwinopen) | (rwinopen) | semantical.activate?0`"
But the game does not react on window opening, just on Enter.
This is what I get in game: https://nimb.ws/yiuNYd

Any tips on what I am doing wrong or missing?
JHTrucker
Expert

Re: Controls.sii file changes to enhance the trucking experience. First post Updated 29/01/2022

Post by JHTrucker » February 23rd, 2022, 7:40 pm

@LabogHirshimus

Just to be clear how it works...

Look to the left (out of the window about 90 degrees and keep looking there) and at the same time press left window open button.
Those 2 combined actions result in an activation.

It still works, just re-tested, but it's probably better to do it like this:
config_lines[300]: "mix activate `keyboard.enter?0 | sign(deadzone(abs(headtryaw), 0.4)) & (lwinopen | rwinopen) | semantical.activate?0`"
That means once your head is >80 degrees left or right and you press open window buttons, it'll activate.

But anyway, what you did for just window buttons should work but it doesn't as the game doesn't seem to allow you to use another mix name, on it's own, to input into the activate mix.
You can just add the buttons you have for lwinopen/rwinopen - Example only!
config_lines[300]: "mix activate `keyboard.enter?0 | keyboard.a?0 | keyboard.b?0 | semantical.activate?0`"
Note: you say 1.43 but for me 1.43 has config_lines[300] for activate - 299 is clutch.

Also, just opening the window to activate could be troublesome in other locations, parking area... open the window would cause you to sleep, for example, when you just wanted some fresh air.

You use opentrack where as I use TrackIR 3, but both use the same inputs into the game so I don't see that being an issue.
If you do this horn test, you'll hear the horn when your head is >80 degrees (0.4) left/right:
"mix horn `keyboard.h?0 | sign(deadzone(abs(headtryaw), 0.4)) | semantical.horn?0`"