GAME CRASH - POST HERE!

Mr Larrington
PPM

Re: My game crashed! What can i do?

Post by Mr Larrington » March 19th, 2021, 12:26 am

Is there something strange happening around Lviv? I've been getting crashes and/or the truck falling through the road with a "<ERROR> Item duplication detected!" message at these points:

Ukrainian oddness by Mr Larrington, on Flickr
  1. On the Polish side of the border crossing, going towards Lviv
  2. Going south, just at the end of the dual carriageway section
  3. Going east
  4. Going west; game crashed as I was turning into the filling station
I'd love to include a log file but it's too big to post in-line (even after removing 250 lines of rubbish about display modes) and I don't see the attachment tab (it should be next to "Options" below the edit box, no?). Profile has been stripped back to the bare minimum of mods - ROEX v2.6, the recommended map zoom mods and a paint job to make my truck look good.

The alternative is that I've missed something totally obvious, in which case I'd be grateful to anyone who can tell me what I've overlooked.
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » March 19th, 2021, 12:45 am

@Mr Larrington

Welcome! Falling through is almost always due to wrong road connection mod(s),
so please post your game log. BTW, have you checked that you have correct RC
versions in the main topic here? viewtopic.php?p=32492#p32492
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
Mr Larrington
PPM

Post by Mr Larrington » March 19th, 2021, 1:10 am

@BenganJ

Thanks for the quick answer. I can't attach the log file because it's too big to post in-line and I don't have the "Attach" tab next to the "Options" one below the edit box even in "Full Editor & Preview" mode.

Road connections; yes, I've had a look at the load order post in the main topic but it's crashing/falling through without any other map mods enabled. I've only got RO v2.6, the base game and the required DLCs in this profile. Do I need to have some other map mods enabled as well?
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » March 19th, 2021, 1:19 am

@Mr Larrington

Now after the second approvement I think you will have the Attachment TAB in Full Editor.
Check it out!

EDIT: If you ONLY have SCS Vanilla and RoEx 2.6, you shouldn't need ANY RC at all, I think!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mr Larrington
PPM

Post by Mr Larrington » March 19th, 2021, 1:27 am

@BenganJ

Attachment tab is now there. Attached is a log file from falling through the map at point 1 in the screenshot above. It didn't crash at this one but did at all the others. I got to point 4 the long way round, teleporting to Samsun and getting the ferry to Odessa.
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » March 19th, 2021, 1:39 am

@Mr Larrington

First of all, that map combo of yours is definitely NOT a HUGE one, so you DON'T
need the Crash Fix mod, REMOVE IT!

Second, what is Pingutrans mod, it should probably be below the World Map BG
anyway.

Third, you have the following errors ONLY.

Code: Select all

<ERROR> Node linkage inconsistency detected! Node uid:0x29EC552CA7800002
<ERROR> Missing data for ferry item! (ferry.constanta, uid: 0x332206642E800001)
<ERROR> Item duplication detected! 0x29ECEFA40D400000
As I can't see anything wrong with the profile apart from that I have to let Arayas
himself take a look at it, because RoEx is tested WITHOUT any RCs as far as I know
and your profile should just work.

EDIT: Arayas is now having a look at the problem, stay tuned!
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » March 19th, 2021, 2:02 am

Mr Larrington wrote:
March 19th, 2021, 1:27 am
@BenganJ

Attachment tab is now there. Attached is a log file from falling through the map at point 1 in the screenshot above. It didn't crash at this one but did at all the others. I got to point 4 the long way round, teleporting to Samsun and getting the ferry to Odessa.
We did some work on one sector next to LVIV. Is possible ( i am just asuming now) that the sector was not imported corectly over the old sector. I will check again for 1.40.
Solution for now is to use ROEX in a combo, because the RC contain the corect sector in problem here.

THIS is valid just for free map, not premium. In premium we use ALL sectors from editor and in FREE we import just updated ones.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
Mr Larrington
PPM

Post by Mr Larrington » March 19th, 2021, 2:24 am

@BenganJ

I did try both with and without the Crash Fix mod but it didn't seem to make any difference.

The Pingutrans mod contains a truck paint job plus a couple of minor fixes in /def/world - train mover sounds still pointing to the old .ogg files and road materials with "//materials" in the path causing missing textures for the kerbs in Lublin.

I can't figure out where the Constanta error is coming from. The old Constanta<->Novorossiysk ferry mod for ProMods/Southern Region is long gone and none of my current mods even mentions a ferry to or from Constanta.

Thanks for your time - I'll sleep on it and see if I wake up at 4 am shouting " OF COURSE! THAT'S WHAT'S CAUSING THIS!!1!"
Multiple Trailer Addict
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » March 19th, 2021, 2:27 am

@Mr larrington Did you read my answer above? And NO ferry is needed from Promods. Roex has its own ferry with SR.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » March 19th, 2021, 2:27 am

@Mr Larrington

To work when using HUGE combo maps, containing also EAA AND/OR ROS you will need that mod,
but it MUST be above the World Map BG, just as specified clearly in the first post of that topic.
That Pingutrans mod should be BELOW the World Map BG.