[DX11] Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI)

Make your game even better
Jarinage

Re: [DX11] Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI)

Post by Jarinage » March 1st, 2021, 5:39 pm

That is true indeed.However it looks 'ok' only when I switch to 55' Samsung at 2560 x 1440 combined with 4 x AA via inspector. And still not perfect. To me it looks good in 4K and 4 x AA, but then I'm somewhere between 40/60 framerate range which is not acceptable either.

Another thing I'm noticing more and more often (I know it's not related to this thread) is total absence of people. Although there are some pedestrians occassionally, it still feels like driving through ghost towns. Although it actually feels correct in covid pandemic these days :scratch_one-s_head:
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » March 1st, 2021, 5:47 pm

30 FPS it's enough. Movies are shoot in 24 and you still go to cinema to see them. The problem is, this game is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo badly made that any thing added is killing it very fast.
Pedestrians= -FPS
Vehicles= -FPS
Traffic= -FPS
Lights= -FPS
Do you think mappers can't do a real looking city with people all over, hard traffic density, tones of details all over and so on? Yes, we can. But why don't we do it? You will be not able to play it. Simple.
Is like building sky-scrappers with a rock and a stick.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
killingjoke

Post by killingjoke » March 2nd, 2021, 1:32 pm

30fps my ass. this is for console kids who can't tell a difference between smooth and viscous display.
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » March 2nd, 2021, 1:38 pm

So, this game, with its engine, is for those kids too.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
killingjoke

Post by killingjoke » March 2nd, 2021, 2:51 pm

The engine is old and sucks compared to the recent ones. They should have made ETS 3 with a new engine.
MrPapaBear
PPM

Post by MrPapaBear » March 3rd, 2021, 2:21 am

Making a new Engine takes time, improving the Engine is a easier way. I guess from a Company perspective it wouldn’t make sense. I have to test some more because my pc should be handling the 4 to 4 sampling setting, but for some reason it wants to drop FPS after some time driving. Something is of there, gonna dive in to this some more when I have time. Is there a big difference between 2 to 2 Sampling to the 4 to 4 one?
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » March 3rd, 2021, 2:26 am

@MrPapaBear

As Einstein said, "everything is relative", but there's a difference and the best way to know is to test
under the same conditions. It's hard to describe with words! Do you have a Frame Rate Limiter set?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
MrPapaBear
PPM

Post by MrPapaBear » March 3rd, 2021, 2:31 am

Yes I have G Sync and frame rate limit set to 60(144hz Monitor). I will test also going down on that because anything between 40-60 looks good to me.
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » March 3rd, 2021, 2:37 am

Same condition its also relative. Spawned cars will never be the same unless zero. Or traffic eats alot of FPS.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
MrPapaBear
PPM

Post by MrPapaBear » March 3rd, 2021, 3:26 am

Makes sense Arayasz I gonna look at the (4x4) one and compare it to the (2x2) if I don’t see a big difference I just gonna stay by the 2x2, or if I like the 4X4 better I just gonna see how to keep the frame drops in control by changing other settings.