[DX11] Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI)

Make your game even better
BenganJ

Re: [DX11] Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI)

Post by BenganJ » November 19th, 2020, 10:17 pm

Okay then! Drive around a while then and see if you can accept your present
settings in both ETS2 and ATS!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
toni1958

Post by toni1958 » November 20th, 2020, 12:34 am

@BenganJ

I am extremely happy to say that both games are running very smoothly indeed with only the odd occasional stutter(which I can certainly live with). I boosted my CPU in the bios and also overclocked my GPU slightly because I noticed it was running 100% all of the time. It now gets time for a breather here and there and has probably helped the running of the games.
The sharpening settings for NCP worked too. Still haven't tried using H shifter but thats for tomorrow.

@JHTrucker
Put the left screen in portrait for ETS2 aswell and looks really good, haven't attempted bezel correction yet. If I do for ATS, it might then be wrong for ETS2??
Just been reading your post for sticking your head out of the window, not sure I'd want to with all the rain about. My last 8 years of work was as a shunter in a busy yard instead of out on the road so I spent 99% of my shift going in reverse with my head out of the window so think I had enough for a lifetime.
I have recently obtained so racing games and wondered if you might have screen setups for any of them, dirt rally 2, dirt 4, WRC9, assetto corsa, forza 4 and forza 7.

You 2 guys are the best, I couldn't have got to this point(10 steps forward instead of 3 steps forward and 4 backwards). Thank you guys.
Night
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » November 20th, 2020, 12:58 am

@toni1958

So good to hear, that you have a better experience now! The stutter you get, when the FPS drops below the set Frame Limit,
so probably you had much more of that before you started using the limiter. Well, thanks for the warm words and we will
always try to help out, if we can, so keep asking questions whenever you feel like it!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
JHTrucker
Expert

Post by JHTrucker » November 20th, 2020, 2:51 am

@toni1958
Bezel correction is the same for all games across multi screen. It makes movement from one screen to another look seamlessly rather than objects jumping the gap. If you're not bothered by it then it's ok as is.
The edge of the road / fences etc that you see on left and extending onto the centre and into the distance, will not have a straight look because of the kink caused at the bezel (deadzone). So the resolution is increased to include the gaps to give that smooth transition across the screens.

You said gpu 100% and overclocking... If your gpu is 100% almost all the time then there's no room to increase when there's a more demanding area approaching and then you get stutters as the fps drop while the gpu is trying it's best to do even more work and failing badly.
I'd look at lowering some game settings, mirror distance (all those mirrors you now have on screen at the same time all have to be rendered in real time along with the 3 screens, at least there's no hood mirrors!), HDR off, weather high, shadows lower for example. Test a few?
Your gtx1050ti at 5760x1080 and 2xAA will be very demanding to start with.
I think 70-80% gpu at 30fps in most areas will smooth things out allowing for +20% speed up when passing a forest.

I have no special setting for other games/sims (the ones that use DX11 and actually add DX11 features into the game, don't need tinkering with). I do have project cars 2 and other older car sims. Theses days i'm mainly truck driving with the occasional race around a track.
I use H shifter (G27 wheel) and put 6 speed boxes in my trucks.
I've been sim driving since 2001 with a wheel.

I might have said you need to keep it real with the windows but you said you don't need your webcam/trackir now with this new setup, so i kept quiet.
Last edited by JHTrucker on November 20th, 2020, 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
multimon_config.sii files: viewtopic.php?p=17658#p17658
controls.sii edits: viewtopic.php?p=24744#p24744
TrackIR Driving Enhancements: viewtopic.php?p=46613#p46613
Extra Cameras: viewtopic.php?p=46034#p46034
Winterway

Post by Winterway » November 20th, 2020, 1:41 pm

I'm back again unfortunately! Since getting this working in ATS nicely, I finally updated ETS2 from 1.35.

All up and running, but, can I get AA working....

So I cover all the points;

NPI 2.3.0.12
Config.cfg changes are all made
Multimon is in the same folder
All is applied in NPI (only missing mem allocation policy, 02 is causing windows to go into basic graphics mode when I click apply - I didn't set this in ATS either and that is working perfectly)
I'm definitely not using SS instead of SGS (I've been using sparse grid aa in ETS2 for 4 years)
I have regenerated the config and made the changes again (I find I only have to set multimon mode back to 4)
Launch options in place
Scaling is at 100%

I've reinstalled drivers with clean install just now, reapplied in NPI again - still no AA...

The only difference I can think of, as I have no Mods in ATS - its homedir is still in MyDocs. Launch options on ETS2 have homedir set to the same drive I have Steam on, my mods are working fine from there, and that's where I have edited config.cfg and placed the multimom file. I still have an ETS2 homedir in MyDocs from years ago, where I've also placed the updated config and multimon file just in case.

Any ideas?
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » November 20th, 2020, 1:49 pm

@Winterway

Please, although I appreciate that you are trying to describe your situation thoroughly,
the best thing you can do is to take screenshots covering all the settings in NPI and then
ZIP those together with your latest game log from ETS2.
Winterway

Post by Winterway » November 20th, 2020, 2:04 pm

@BenjanJ sure thing
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » November 20th, 2020, 2:31 pm

@Winterway

I didn't find anything pointing directly to the cause, so I have to look further later.
But I found some settings that you should change and one odd thing in the Steam
Launch Options, this.

Code: Select all

00:00:00.000 : [sys] Command line:  G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2\bin\win_x64\eurotrucks2.exe -64bit -unlimitedlog -mm_pool_size 4000 -mm_max_resource_size 32 -mm_max_tmp_buffers_size 1000 -nointro -homedir G:"
The last item there -homedir G:" can't be right, so is the reported line there truncated
or have you made a mistake when configuring them. A bit later in the log I can see this,

00:00:00.470 : [ufs] Home directory: 'G:/Euro Truck Simulator 2'.
which indicates that the line above has been truncated for some reason.
Check! So, you have your config.cfg and your multimon_config.sii files here, G:/Euro Truck Simulator 2?

You should definitely change the following in config.cfg.

uset r_buffer_page_size "10"
To:
uset r_buffer_page_size "30"
I'll be back and maybe JHTrucker can check on this one too!
JHTrucker
Expert

Post by JHTrucker » November 20th, 2020, 4:35 pm

@Winterway & BenganJ
Simple check... use the triple file from step 2 and put it where you think it needs to go.
Fire up game and if you have 1 image then that was the wrong place to put the multimon file.
3 images on one monitor will look odd, so easy to spot.
I'm sure the location of the file is the problem if ats works then you know how to set it up.
multimon_config.sii files: viewtopic.php?p=17658#p17658
controls.sii edits: viewtopic.php?p=24744#p24744
TrackIR Driving Enhancements: viewtopic.php?p=46613#p46613
Extra Cameras: viewtopic.php?p=46034#p46034
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » November 20th, 2020, 4:42 pm

@JHTrucker

Yes, that's why I asked about the location the config.cfg and the multimon_config.sii files,
but I didn't get any response, at least not yet!