[DX11] Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI)

Make your game even better
BenganJ

Re: [DX11] Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI)

Post by BenganJ » November 16th, 2020, 8:49 pm

@Luisb01

No, there's no way to use it together with this scheme,
I was just making sure you didn't have any rest of it left.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
toni1958

Post by toni1958 » November 17th, 2020, 12:02 am

@BenganJ

Just earwigging on your conversation with Luisb01, what does t_averaging_window_length do, is that specifically for single monitors?
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » November 17th, 2020, 12:08 am

@toni1958

No, it's for every setup and the setting makes the game compute a mean value of frame times
for that many frames specified as the value to that parameter. The result of raising the value
will smooth out the generation of the new frames. Double the Frame Limit you have set is a
good starting point!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
JHTrucker
Expert

Post by JHTrucker » November 17th, 2020, 2:05 am

@toni1958 - Good news, i hope... i've already made some multimon files for you to test. I'll post up tomorrow (17th) as an addition to my collection of files, so make sure to check back here.
They are 2 small and 1 big but now i see yours are 3 different sizes!!! But fear not i'll make a proper special after you've tested or at least supply info so you can tweak to suit.
For AA to work you always need my multi files with the dummy and AA.Enabler parts!
When you use multimon 4 in config then the multimon commands in config or console do nothing as the file takes control.
ATS is the worst game performance wise, ETS2 works super smooth for me. I've just updated ATS to 1.39 and it's stuttering and logging red lines etc and i don't use mods. I'll be keeping ETS2 on 1.38.
multimon_config.sii files: viewtopic.php?p=17658#p17658
controls.sii edits: viewtopic.php?p=24744#p24744
TrackIR Driving Enhancements: viewtopic.php?p=46613#p46613
Extra Cameras: viewtopic.php?p=46034#p46034
toni1958

Post by toni1958 » November 17th, 2020, 3:36 am

@BenganJ
Thank you for that, I will give it a try tomorrow

@JHTrucker, thank you mate, I do appreciate it, I'm in and out tomorrow so if you don't hear from me I haven't just got what I wanted and run :-)
I have been doing some more testing and manage to get a consantish(if that's a word) 30fps on ATS but exactly the same settings and mods only 25 ish on ETS, I am happy with that at the moment and can at least use some mods which have always made the game almost unplayable. It seems as though I spent a few hundred £ on upgrading my processor when in actual fact it could have been my graphics card, but thats what you get when you listen to salesmen. I was only running the big screen and 1 small one then too.
I manged to get my head around freestyle so might have a go at the other recommended settings now I know how to get my colour back.
I think I was using multimon 2 when I had the triple screen file(3 only) as when I used multimon 4 in the cfg is messed up the viewing etc.
I need to go to bed now, too much vodka and my spelling is getting terrible, shouldn't drink and drive I know...
Perhaps you would let me know where to find the file please.
One other question you might hopefully be able to answer, what settings do I need to change to get the angle of the side screens more ummm straighter, I don't mean level top to bottom, I mean the right hand screen has the dashboard more or less pointing at an angle forward, changing in game FOV will sort of fix it if I have my nose planted firmly on the windscreen and left hand side its as though the door is partly open, if you get me.
Is there anything that can be done with all the shimmering in the distance, lights, fences, power cables etc. Everytime they upgrade the game they do not seem to address this problem as it seems like people have been complaining about it since the start of time.
Thanks once again for taking the time to do the file. Toni
danilozxf
PPM

Post by danilozxf » November 17th, 2020, 6:08 am

Hi guys

Does anyone have any configuration of the cfg file to make colors colder in the game. I don't like the original colors of the game.

I use freestyle to fix this, but there is no video recorder besides shadowplay that records the filters

I believe that moving here I can achieve this, but I don't have any parameters as a base

uset r_color_correction "2" // This is a hidden value not possible to set in game and gives you possibility to change the following ones.
uset r_color_saturation "1.0" // Color saturation factor 1.0 is neutral.
uset r_color_yellow_blue "0.0" // Yellow-blue factor of the color correction in -1 to 1 range.
uset r_color_magenta_green "0.0" // Magenta-green factor of the color correction in -1 to 1 range.
uset r_color_cyan_red "0.0" // Cyan-red factor of the color correction in -1 to 1 range.
System: Windows 10
Processor: Ryzen 5 3600
Graphics: Gigabyte RTX 2070 3 Fans
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu7qwY ... 0uw/videos
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » November 17th, 2020, 9:41 am

@danilozxf

That's correct, only Shadowplay seems to be able to record the Freestyle filter changes made to the game.
JHTrucker came up with the possibility to use these config.cfg parameters and in the comments you have
the ranges to use. I haven't heard of anyone using them yet, neither have I, so I would suggest that you
just do some tests on your own. The standard values are there too, so it's easy to restore original ones.
And if you come up with a good result, please report it here, so other people can get to use it too.
clear F1
VIP

Post by clear F1 » November 17th, 2020, 11:35 am

Start Freestyle (Alt + F3) in the game, select a color, and adjust the upper two bars to adjust cool and warm colors. (Tint Color and Tint Intensity)
For example, Tint Color 30-40%, Tint Intensity 25% -35%) The cool blue color increases.
Sorry for the poor English.

@BenganJ
If the explanation is incorrect, please correct it.
AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
ASRock X670E Taichi Carrara
DOMINATOR TITANIUM DDR5-7200 32GB
PNY RTX4070Ti 12GB VERTO LED WE
WD m.2 KIOXIA m.2
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » November 17th, 2020, 2:17 pm

@clear F1

Your English is just wonderful my friend! Just as beautiful as your videos!
JHTrucker
Expert

Post by JHTrucker » November 17th, 2020, 3:12 pm

@toni1958 - Just to be clear... you need to use multimon "4" in config to get AA to work with the file.
2xAA isn't great but it's better then none.
4xAA is best and removes most of what you hate, shimmering etc, but kills fps with weaker gpu/high resolutions.

"what settings do I need to change to get the angle of the side screens more ummm straighter"
Already done for people with equal sized monitors. Here: viewtopic.php?p=20195#p20195
But doing that whilst doing what you want as well with smaller monitors will be too difficult because they both have to make changes to frustum_subrect values.
Not having a setup with unequal monitors also means i can't be sure i'm getting the right results.
All the time SCS don't make any of this easy... lots of head scratching.

@danilozxf
uset r_color_correction "2"
uset r_color_saturation "0.9" = colder / less colourful / more natural?
Last edited by JHTrucker on November 17th, 2020, 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
multimon_config.sii files: viewtopic.php?p=17658#p17658
controls.sii edits: viewtopic.php?p=24744#p24744
TrackIR Driving Enhancements: viewtopic.php?p=46613#p46613
Extra Cameras: viewtopic.php?p=46034#p46034