World Background Maps

3rik
PPM

Re: World Background Maps

Post by 3rik » June 13th, 2020, 10:05 am

Arayas wrote:
June 13th, 2020, 9:50 am
So Bengan wasnt wrong after all? That is a surprise...not. :tomato:
nope, like i said a couple posts ago, the question was whether bengan is wrong or scs is wrong. Well now we know the fault lies on scs somewhere.
We (i) owe an apology to bengan, and also to promods. :smile3:
Sansemiano
PPM

Post by Sansemiano » June 13th, 2020, 10:49 am

Well, nevertheless what SCS does is the standard. If you like it or not. Promods adapted. Bengan not. It's just how strict you take a look at the matter. Being flexible and practical is usually the best.
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » June 13th, 2020, 11:11 am

3rik wrote:
June 13th, 2020, 10:05 am
nope, like i said a couple posts ago, the question was whether bengan is wrong or scs is wrong. Well now we know the fault lies on scs somewhere.
Yes, we (but mostly you) owe an apology to everybody. Just joking, in fact a bad joke, like SCS bad jokes in general.
I am in a sour tone here maybe, just because the BIG and MIGHTY SCS map editor became trash and i am on daily basis loosing hours of work because i cannot save every 2 minutes. The stupid thing crash whatever you do. SCS keep telling us they support community, but they dont provide nothing for them. Background or a proper editor.
Official tools for editing trucks, trailers, models and so on. NOTHING. They ripped the editor out of the game just because the game was in bad performance already, but idiots like me thinked the tool is going to be better. No, it's just the half twin that didnt make it.
On the wider note, i'm starting to get pissed off by SCS doing, with open window, FMOD and half of DX11 implementing. Talking from romanian POV the last DLC is trash, the truck routes are positioned in totally other roads, not maded in the DLC, we have a fake Dracula castle, Bran is linked with Tepes like i am with Metallica, i was to one of their concerts, but that doesnt mean i am spent my days with Ulrich.
You have a DRIVING SIMULATOR and your traffic is SHIT. The AI stops when it suposed to go, and they ram you when they are supose to stop. Trucks are continuesly changing lanes like the driver is drown in alcohool.
Now, the popping colours on terrain, BAD redendering distances all over...and so on. So, YES, off course the fault lies on SCS somewhere.
Sansemiano wrote:
June 13th, 2020, 10:49 am
Well, nevertheless what SCS does is the standard. If you like it or not. Promods adapted. Bengan not. It's just how strict you take a look at the matter. Being flexible and practical is usually the best.
WRONG.
Promods was taking care of their mistakes (UK, Island, North) or areas of their interest (ME add-on).
But if SCS standard it's a non-standard because they don't apply their own matematics, how do we know Azerbaidjan, for example, is placed in the corect position? We ask SCS?
Because they dont provide any suport on mapping, they are just making stuff of their interest. They already fucked up alot of maps last year when they changed projection and our maps are shifted now.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » June 13th, 2020, 11:23 am

@3rik

Apology accepted! But it's not at all a question whether I or SCS is wrong,
it's more like what SCS is showing and what there interest lies. Check the
image e.g.! Their interest as of now is the area they have mapped. PERIOD!

@Sansemiano
.... what SCS does is the standard ....
So, then mate, which Cyprus would you choose to map in the Map Editor?
Do you find the transition from Turkey to Syria and beyond looking true to
reality? This image is the official Map Editor BG for 1.37! Go figure!
SCS_europe_bgn.jpg
As usual, click on image to get a bigger one!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
Sansemiano
PPM

Post by Sansemiano » June 13th, 2020, 11:26 am

I see two Cypri. 😁
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » June 13th, 2020, 11:29 am

@Sansemiano

Me too, and for this Editor BG Max at SCS claimed was in correct map projection.
It probably is, but how much would you say that SCS cares about the Middle-East
area right now?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sansemiano
PPM

Post by Sansemiano » June 13th, 2020, 11:35 am

I don't think SCS has regular meetings to discuss the alignment of all map-mods. They have enough on their plate. Besides that it's a commercial company and it's their game.
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » June 13th, 2020, 11:44 am

@Sansemiano

Sure mate, it's their game and I didn't mention, that they should in any way
check or pay attention to ANY other map. What I say is that their interest
is only to show correctly their own map data. And they have NOTHING, as
of yet in the Middle-East area OR the very northern part of Scandinavia,
hence the bad representation of those areas!
3rik
PPM

Post by 3rik » June 13th, 2020, 11:54 am

Sansemiano wrote:
i agree that SCS sets the standard, but now the problem is SCS has now set two standards!
Theres the one in the climate.sii file, which they say they use and will likely always use
And theres the one that they are actually using! This is why i asked on the scs forums about what one is correct :smile3:
3rik
PPM

Post by 3rik » June 13th, 2020, 11:57 am

Arayas wrote:
June 13th, 2020, 11:11 am
3rik wrote:
June 13th, 2020, 10:05 am
Yes, we (but mostly you) owe an apology to everybody. Just joking, in fact a bad joke, like SCS bad jokes in general.
I am in a sour tone here maybe, just because the BIG and MIGHTY SCS map editor became trash and i am on daily basis loosing hours of work because i cannot save every 2 minutes. The stupid thing crash whatever you do. SCS keep telling us they support community, but they dont provide nothing for them. Background or a proper editor.
Official tools for editing trucks, trailers, models and so on. NOTHING. They ripped the editor out of the game just because the game was in bad performance already, but idiots like me thinked the tool is going to be better. No, it's just the half twin that didnt make it.
On the wider note, i'm starting to get pissed off by SCS doing, with open window, FMOD and half of DX11 implementing. Talking from romanian POV the last DLC is trash, the truck routes are positioned in totally other roads, not maded in the DLC, we have a fake Dracula castle, Bran is linked with Tepes like i am with Metallica, i was to one of their concerts, but that doesnt mean i am spent my days with Ulrich.
You have a DRIVING SIMULATOR and your traffic is SHIT. The AI stops when it suposed to go, and they ram you when they are supose to stop. Trucks are continuesly changing lanes like the driver is drown in alcohool.
Now, the popping colours on terrain, BAD redendering distances all over...and so on. So, YES, off course the fault lies on SCS somewhere.
Sansemiano wrote:
WRONG.
Promods was taking care of their mistakes (UK, Island, North) or areas of their interest (ME add-on).
But if SCS standard it's a non-standard because they don't apply their own matematics, how do we know Azerbaidjan, for example, is placed in the corect position? We ask SCS?
Because they dont provide any suport on mapping, they are just making stuff of their interest. They already fucked up alot of maps last year when they changed projection and our maps are shifted now.
damn thats what i call a rant!
arayas right now: :dwarf:
joking, i agree with pretty much all of that haha.
but at the same time im grateful that they are atleast like this and not worse. many other game devs dont even do this