World Background Maps

clear F1
VIP

Re: World Background Maps

Post by clear F1 » June 3rd, 2020, 11:47 am

Talking to many people. Of course, I think discussion is necessary for development.
AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
ASRock X670E Taichi Carrara
DOMINATOR TITANIUM DDR5-7200 32GB
PNY RTX4070Ti 12GB VERTO LED WE
WD m.2 KIOXIA m.2
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » June 3rd, 2020, 12:47 pm

@Folks

Let me read up on all this posting. I will answer the best I can after that. Okay?
So, please, hold your horses 'til then!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
3rik
PPM

Post by 3rik » June 3rd, 2020, 2:16 pm

Hello everyone,
first off, i would like to apologise for sounding harsh yesterday. me and bengan have a different logic, which is fine, but i was getting frustrated.
Anyway,
@Arayas
Imo, the video you posted further proves my point. Since promods has far less allignment issues with SCS (the UK is an exeption as it can be fixed by re-enabling the different UK projection, just like bengan has been doing all this time), i find it quite unfair to blame them for this. Like i said, map allignment problems with the SCS map is Promods' fault, but you cant expect them to allign with bengans map.
As arayas also said, both are wrong. Promods and bengan are both wrong, so both should try to align with SCS. if promods dosent do it, thats their problem. This is why i asked bengan to stop bringing promods up. What they do is irrelevant here.

I see a lot of people saying that the middle east on the SCS map is incorrect. How would you know that? There are alignment issues EVERYWHERE, not just in the middle east. clearly there are some parameter differences.

@clearf1
i havent lost respect for bengan, but in my opinion, being older dosen't mean you're not allowed to have arguments! Otherwise his life would be boring haha.
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » June 3rd, 2020, 2:29 pm

@3rik

You'll get an answer later as everyone else!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
3rik
PPM

Post by 3rik » June 3rd, 2020, 2:30 pm

@benganj
i know, i was just answering to everyone who has responded since :)
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » June 3rd, 2020, 2:30 pm

3rik wrote:
June 3rd, 2020, 2:16 pm
I see a lot of people saying that the middle east on the SCS map is incorrect. How would you know that? There are alignment issues EVERYWHERE, not just in the middle east. clearly there are some parameter differences.
I've just posted that ME add-on is NOT wrongly placed. I was strongly convinced about their bad placement but for some reason i dont know why i didnt tested the SCS original background for the first time.
So, i was wrong.
But not about Promods in general, because they still have to cheat to fix UK, Island, Spain and other parts. Also i was wrong thinking the Eurasia background is perfect. Is not.
The problem is not Promods, is the fact many maps are now in the position dictated by Eurasia. What will we do with those, because in my opinion now we dont have any viable background.
And i KNOW Promods is not gonna provide one, so...all eyes on out friend Bengan.

For the note, if that matters, i will have to redo the RC with ME in the corect position.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
3rik
PPM

Post by 3rik » June 3rd, 2020, 2:35 pm

Arayas wrote:
June 3rd, 2020, 2:30 pm
3rik wrote:
June 3rd, 2020, 2:16 pm
I've just posted that ME add-on is NOT wrongly placed. I was strongly convinced about their bad placement but for some reason i dont know why i didnt tested the SCS original background for the first time.
So, i was wrong.
But not about Promods in general, because they still have to cheat to fix UK, Island, Spain and other parts. Also i was wrong thinking the Eurasia background is perfect. Is not.
The problem is not Promods, is the fact many maps are now in the position dictated by Eurasia. What will we do with those, because in my opinion now we dont have any viable background.
And i KNOW Promods is not gonna provide one, so...all eyes on out friend Bengan.

For the note, if that matters, i will have to redo the RC with ME in the corect position.
I didnt mean the ME addon, i meant the background map.
paeokkekir, for example, said "The scs ui map that now goes to middle east is by no means correct, it is just there for us to see something when we scroll further away from the game map."
I was saying that this is false. :grin:

But i also agree with everything you said, promods has some issues but ultimately this isnt their fault. :smile3:
paokkerkir
PPM

Post by paokkerkir » June 3rd, 2020, 2:40 pm

This is not false, as defined by the parameters. The parameters suggest it is like this. It had happend in the past that they shifted the UI map when they added content, not by much, but the differences in central areas are not that big to begin with.
But, if/when SCS expands there, it might be the case they will continue the UI map like this, we can not know for sure, only speculate.
3rik
PPM

Post by 3rik » June 3rd, 2020, 3:08 pm

ive discussed this on the wombat discord but for those who arent in there ill say it here too.
paokkekir is implying that SCS is wrong, and that we all need to follow whatever bengan comes up with. if SCS and bengan used the exact same parameters, there would be absolutely no differences, not even in central europe. you cannot expect mappers to follow bengan over scs.
maybe scs is wrong, ok, but we dont know that and that dosent make bengan right.
your only argument is that if we follow scs we will have to change everything once scs reach this area. to that i say, firstly we dont know that, secondly, even if scs do reach the middle east one day, that will take years and no one knows what will have happened by then. why should we wait around with a messed up background map for the next 5 years, just so that incase scs change something in 2026 we wont need to adjust to that
paokkerkir
PPM

Post by paokkerkir » June 3rd, 2020, 3:18 pm

Man, really....If this is what you get for my comments, then I have to seriously look into my english skills.