[DX11] Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI)

Make your game even better
BenganJ

Re: [DX11] Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI)

Post by BenganJ » May 1st, 2020, 6:13 pm

@KARU0920

You're always welcome! I'm also looking forward to PJ as addon map, but that you already know! :D
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
Wakashi

Post by Wakashi » May 1st, 2020, 7:49 pm

BenganJ wrote:
May 1st, 2020, 11:46 am
@Wakashi

Don't tell me you drive with a X-Box controller???? What a pity for immersion after getting
that kind of graphics! I won't be of much help though, maybe someone else can step up here.
LOL! :lol: No, I don’t use it for driving, but I do use a Saitek Pro Yoke and the controller is attached to the top as a secondary controller which gives feedback through the yoke (I know it sounds odd, but it works great!.) The force feed was lost at the same time the graphics went south on me, after the update! But it works fine everywhere else! Love your response, made my morning!
Regards! Roger
Windows 10/64
i7 5820
RTX 2080 Super
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » May 1st, 2020, 7:55 pm

@Wakashi

Well, I wouldn't lie if I say that on this forum we want to have some fun too,
so you're welcome to give us some laughs every now and then! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yoke, NOT joke, have you been into flightsim or what? :D :D :D
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wakashi

Post by Wakashi » May 1st, 2020, 8:17 pm

@BenganJ

Yes, heavy into flight sim for years, but having worked for International Harvester Company for many years and then finding ETS2/ATS Sims on Steam, thought I would give it a try and loved it, no need to buy a wheel setup yet since the “yoke” works great for me, although a wheel would probably better for sure, (maybe someday!).
Can’t beat a good laugh on occasion! :D :lol:
Regards! Roger
Windows 10/64
i7 5820
RTX 2080 Super
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » May 1st, 2020, 8:23 pm

@Wakashi

I have a Logitech G27 wheel with shifter and 3 pedals and for flightsims
I have a Saitek X52 Flight system controller. Pretty satisfied with both!
tantalus

Post by tantalus » May 1st, 2020, 8:28 pm

Wakashi wrote:
May 1st, 2020, 8:17 pm
@BenganJ

Yes, heavy into flight sim for years, but having worked for International Harvester Company for many years and then finding ETS2/ATS Sims on Steam, thought I would give it a try and loved it, no need to buy a wheel setup yet since the “yoke” works great for me, although a wheel would probably better for sure, (maybe someday!).
Not everybody can affor a steering wheel. I include myself into that mix. My room itself is not big enough to have so many stuff and then a steering wheel attached to a tiny desktop table, where i have my pc... maybe one day when i have my own room, and its bigger i can afford start buying stuff like a steering wheel. But what i will never EVER do is to play any videogame with a game pad lol. Not after so many years being a pc gamer, the feeling of a good mechanical keyboard + a good dpi mouse is just, unique. And ive been playing ATS and ETS2 with that all the time, and it feels pretty good. But a gamepad?? thats the worst thing to play not only ATS or ETS2, but any single pc videogame. Console users, well, they dont have a choice but to play with a gamepad or buy a keyboard... but then they have to buy also a mouse, and that mouse must be also compatible with the console... its not worthy. But PC users???? everytime i see someone using a gamepad to play any pc videogame, it gives me the creeps... :lol: :lol:
Windows 10 xxxx.xxx whatever is the last version... lol.
Ryzen 5 2600x
Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660 Ti Gaming 6Gb
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming 450B
16Gb Corsair RAM
Gaming on a 1TB M2 SDD Seagate.
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » May 1st, 2020, 9:09 pm

Well, this is the mess I have to live with day after day! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wakashi

Post by Wakashi » May 2nd, 2020, 1:44 am

@BenganJ

Here is my little corner of the world, not much but serves the purpose, many enjoyable hours spent here doing "my thing"! :D
As you can see the X-Box controller is attached to the top of the yoke and in easy reach of buttons, with it, the yoke and the throttle quadrant I have approximately 33 buttons plus I use an Orbweaver and a Razer gaming mouse with thumb buttons.
The controller is attached with velcro and is very sturdy and very handy for all of the camera, wipers, radio, flashers, buttons etc, leaving the other buttons on the yoke for truck commands. Plus the Mixture lever is my throttle, the throttle lever is my trailer brake Johnson Bar! :lol:

Regards! Roger
Windows 10/64
i7 5820
RTX 2080 Super
Wakashi

Post by Wakashi » May 2nd, 2020, 1:56 am

tantalus wrote:
May 1st, 2020, 8:28 pm
Wakashi wrote:
May 1st, 2020, 8:17 pm
@BenganJ

Not everybody can affor a steering wheel. I include myself into that mix. My room itself is not big enough to have so many stuff and then a steering wheel attached to a tiny desktop table, where i have my pc... maybe one day when i have my own room, and its bigger i can afford start buying stuff like a steering wheel. But what i will never EVER do is to play any videogame with a game pad lol. Not after so many years being a pc gamer, the feeling of a good mechanical keyboard + a good dpi mouse is just, unique. And ive been playing ATS and ETS2 with that all the time, and it feels pretty good. But a gamepad?? thats the worst thing to play not only ATS or ETS2, but any single pc videogame. Console users, well, they dont have a choice but to play with a gamepad or buy a keyboard... but then they have to buy also a mouse, and that mouse must be also compatible with the console... its not worthy. But PC users???? everytime i see someone using a gamepad to play any pc videogame, it gives me the creeps... :lol: :lol:

Not being able to afford a wheel is NOT my problem, I would say justification would be the main problem, since what I am using is more than adequate for what I use it for and it serves dual functions for me, flight and driving! If you look at the pics that I posted above you can see that I do not use the control for "playing the game" I use it as a button mechanism only and the thumb controls work well for camera rotation. Sorry that it creeps you out, but I got tired of reaching over the yoke to try and find a button quick, and add to that the fact that I am in my mid 70's and my eyes are not so flexible anymore nor my fingers either to keep pushing W,A,S,D, I find this solution very user friendly! I do use both the keyboard and mouse when necessary and don't have a problem with it! :D

Waksahi
Regards! Roger
Windows 10/64
i7 5820
RTX 2080 Super
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » May 2nd, 2020, 2:34 am

@Wakashi

I see you have two monitors with the meeting edges in the center.
Are you running the trucksim on a single or dual setup? If dual, isn't
it odd to have the edges there then, and if single, isn't it odd to not
have that monitor right in front of you?