i hope you fix this in free version
Ronin
VIP

Re: [WIP]Road to Africa 1.0 by TerraMaps

Post by Ronin » February 25th, 2023, 3:57 pm

dertortagi wrote:
February 24th, 2023, 11:04 pm
Images looket good but video isnt. i thout buying but i wont any more
So can you explain what you don't like of doesn't look good???
Just telling that the video isn't good doesn't say much. Do you mean the quality of the video? Do you mean how the video is made.
And remember it is just a teaser of what is to come. There is much more to enjoy.
Remarks like de video is not good is coming close trolling.

But please don't buy it. And don't play it. It is your lose

Fot those who think it is good or are curious what is to come. I will promise it will be a blast.
Proc: i7-9750H 2,6 GHz (max. 4,5 GHz)
Mem: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS ROG -STRIX-RTX2060-O6G-GAMING 6 GB GDDR6
b738pilot
PPM

Post by b738pilot » February 26th, 2023, 6:44 pm

Vinnie Terranova wrote:
February 24th, 2023, 7:58 pm
fatih301081 wrote:
February 24th, 2023, 10:50 am
I don't understand this type of discussion at all. The team is doing a job and would like a small compensation for the effort (in whatever form).
The TerraMaps team has created Road to Africa, and they are free to ask whatever price for their work. For me the price is just way to high, so I have to wait for the free version, which is not a problem at all.
Not to beat a dead horse, as Olaf did a great job explaining our change in payment policy, but you said it perfectly, Vinnie, "we are free to ask whatever price we want". If people are willing to pay $20 for a small portion of Alaska, why can't we charge as well? Thanks to the recent Gold patreon surge, I was able to recover my personal costs for a lot of things. Also, we offer many incentives for our volunteers on task to earn free DLC's, in fact, every DLC we require I offer to buy the DLC's for our testers whether we have money in our account or if it comes out of my pocket. Also, the US has heavy tax on small businesses, and tax season is going on right now. TerraMaps is a privately owned company, not publicly listed on any stock market, so we do not have to say how we distribute our funding, but no one is ever forced to play. As a previous commentor stated, if you do not wish to financially support our products or do not believe that our products are worth any money, wait a few months and watch a few ads/pop ups on Sharemods and you can have our map 100% free without spending a single penny, if that's truly what you think we're worth.

To pay $10/mo to enjoy an exlusive behind the scenes to an ALPHA or BETA is a great deal in my opinion. These are not only those who want to just try out RTAF, but our other maps, and also those who have no problem supporting our projects and it drives the fuel of motivation for us to continue producing. So instead of bashing us for our Patreon plan, why not thank those who do donate because those are the ones who truly make TerraMaps grow and make new products, not the freeloaders.

I tell our developers all the time, we make maps for our Patreons, if they like it, then we'll drop it for the rest of the community. the Patreons are the ones who truly run and control the direction of our organization. And we value each and every one of them and personally assist them for any needs or feedback in their private discord channels.

And if we exceed our expenses and wind up profiting, that's a bonus, with the taxes I pay on TerraMaps there is no secret we are a for-profit business. I will never apologize for making a profit at TerraMaps, we spent lots of time and money and investments into this organization, sorry that you are maybe jealous and didn't think of this first or deal with doxxers, trolls, promods bullies, time away from family dealing with the non mapping issues, and of course mapping, as well as the hardships during the startup phases.

You can debate anything I just said, but it wouldn't matter, because you are not part of the TerraMaps organization, and we will still run it how we wish to run it. We have a team that analyzes what works and what doesn't, like any other business, and we'll make our adjustments accordingly as a dynamic growing business we are.

Down and dirty, if our business model bothers you so much, then just be patient and wait to enjoy Road to Africa in a few months when it is released to the public. (By the way, our partners like GMC also have early access, you being in the mod load order business, have you ever once reached out to us to be a friend, partner, or supporter? GMC has never once gave us anything financially by the way).

Thank you to every patreon from basic to platinum that has supported us! It really means a lot to us!!! If you are reading this and are a patreon and have not linked up in our Discord yet, please do so to maximize your benefits and directly interact with us!
Vinnie Terranova

Post by Vinnie Terranova » February 26th, 2023, 10:25 pm

Ok, let's digging a little deeper: the problem I have with paid mods is not really the price itself; the real problem is the life expectancy of paid mods. We can argue about the price of a paid mod, but that's completely useless: you think €5.50/mo is reasonable, I think €5.50/mo is not reasonable. But that's it. You have your opinion, I have my opinion. We live in a free world and you and I have have different opinions. Nothing wrong with that.

But what about the life expectancy? There are two kinds of paid maps: map dlcs made by SCS and paid map mods made by TerraMaps, RoExended team, MXTrucker, etc. And there is a very, very important difference between map dlcs and map mods. Let's assume that in the near future we will get ETS2 v1.48. The difference between map dlcs and map mods is that I have the guarentee that map dlcs I have bought still will work in ETS2 v1.48. But I don't have the guarentee that map mods I have bought will work in ETS2 v1.48... This basically means that there is a risk that paid map mods will not work anymore in a future version of ETS2, because I don't have any guarentee. Yet I have paid for that map mod. Exactly this is the one and only reason I'm very careful with buying mods.

Think about what just has happened with Eurafrica from MXTrucker.
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » February 26th, 2023, 10:52 pm

I am gonna adress to you as a generic "i want free" user. Its your option.
Like any user who expects things to be made FOR FREE for his enjoyement, you don't speak about a major aspect of this "payed" mods: the work behind it. Its a thing people in the hunt for free stuff don't want to know, "not my problem".
Go to a regular job, stay week-ends and hours in the working days to create something, cut your family time or make your family do your things around the house....for what? For a dude who take your free work for granted, even make violent comments if its not like HE wants, or even post it under his name in piracy sites.
What do you think? Place yourself in our shoes and tell me: it is worth it? If not...do you think the modding community will continue this way?

You talk about life expectancy? Who is more likely to show up to 1.48 update? Big projects like Roextended or small 3 streets projects who are dead before release? The fact we have FREE versions is not something? We have 5 years of continuity....is not enough to be trusted by your standards?

On the other hand, the fact you use in your combo's JUST the free version its a sign of respect for my work? I think is not. Its a sign of "lets get what we can for FREE and run!" You dont even care you will not have ANY relevant map combo if our work was not involved. You dont have a problem using Promods who is a PAID mod (good luck getting the free version in the first 2 weeks).

I am not gonna talk about prices. I don't agree with many modders in the way they decided to sell their work and i think some of them are the reason why "paid mods" are bad. BUT, is their decision and the user is the one who decides. I know we have people knowing they have to support creators, like i know we have people who dont care, dont want to know about work, they just want stuff free and now.

Dont get me wrong, its a open dialog and this is my opinion. Also feel free to agree or not.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
Vinnie Terranova

Post by Vinnie Terranova » February 26th, 2023, 11:23 pm

And here we go again. I don't have time for this kind of discussions. I'll give you one example why this discussion is derailing:
Arayas wrote:
February 26th, 2023, 10:52 pm
On the other hand, the fact you use in your combo's JUST the free version its a sign of respect for my work? I think is not. Its a sign of "lets get what we can for FREE and run!" You dont even care you will not have ANY relevant map combo if our work was not involved. You dont have a problem using Promods who is a PAID mod (good luck getting the free version in the first 2 weeks).
The only reason that I only use free map mods in my map combo is the SCS forum rules. It has nothing to do with respect or disrespect.
Btw, ProMods is a FREE mod with an optional paid download link. But you already know that.

As I just said: this discussion is derailing. And wrong conclusions are drawn. Let's end this discussion and go back to Road to Africa.
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » February 27th, 2023, 12:09 am

Ok, 2 notes:
1.still no word about the work involved and if it should be rewarded or not
2. Roextended is a FREE map with an optional paid version

SCS forum and stuff i know and agree. You cited Roextended in this not me. Lets go back to topic.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
b738pilot
PPM

Post by b738pilot » February 27th, 2023, 7:13 am

Vinnie Terranova wrote:
February 26th, 2023, 10:25 pm
But I don't have the guarentee that map mods I have bought will work in ETS2 v1.48...
I'm going to agree with you on that one to an extent, and that is the main reason why we haven't gone full paid mod, is managing each update. Arayas has a very nice system in place for his PPM program, but I do not think we have the sophistication necessary to achieve that level of a payment system, so for now, our current system is perfect for us. Premium downloads are there for fast downloads like how promods does for each update, or you can do the ad based download. Basic patreons at 5 a month can get unlimited fast download links for all maps in early release. I think it's fair and works well for us and everyone for now.
Henrique7Alves
PPM

Post by Henrique7Alves » February 27th, 2023, 4:14 pm

I repeat what I said, if my opinion has value.... the price itself is not the problem. , of course it will work, the maps are always updated... I have several paid maps here in Brazil and they always update when the new version of the game comes out... I think this is an excuse for not joining the map hahaha
System: Windows 11 Pro
Processor: Intel Xeon E5 2620v3 3.2 GHz
Memory: DDR4 16Gb 1666MHz
Graphic: Nvidia GTX 980 4Gb