VR Driving Enhancements ATS/ETS2 1.44 to 1.49 - ***TEST 2.1 for VR Headset users***

Make your game even better
JHTrucker
Expert

Re: VR Driving Enhancements ATS/ETS2 1.44-1.46 - ***TEST for VR Headset users***

Post by JHTrucker » January 1st, 2023, 6:02 pm

Why did I create something for VR when I can't even do my own testing...

Thanks for being my tester and providing feedback.

I've made a change to the VRDE mod, for what I think may be the problem when using VR, it has no affect on my simulated VR so please test this for me when you get chance.
I'll send it to your PM to avoid lots of test versions escaping into the wild.

Here's a quick sketch, just to be clear, what the position and limits are.
So that's 180 degrees left and 180 degrees right.

My refueling demo has an increased yaw speed option (x 1.6) which gives the extra look freedom (288 left/right), otherwise the default TDE option is exactly the same as what you should get as per the pic above.

If it still doesn't work... Does pressing 'Re-center head tracking' button fix it (assign at bottom right of VRDE menu)?
That's not really a fix, just more of a test.

Other than that I'll keep thinking of another test based on your feedback... so don't disappear.
multimon_config.sii files: viewtopic.php?p=17658#p17658
controls.sii edits: viewtopic.php?p=24744#p24744
TrackIR edits: viewtopic.php?p=46613#p46613
Extra Cameras: viewtopic.php?p=46034#p46034
JHTrucker
Expert

Re: VR Driving Enhancements ATS/ETS2 1.44-1.46 - ***TEST 2 for VR Headset users***

Post by JHTrucker » January 25th, 2023, 4:19 pm

VRDE UPDATE:
Note: I still don't have a VR headset and thus this update hasn't been tested on the VR version of the game and so may not work as intended... Unfortunatly PDoggNZ, who originally reported the v1.0 problem, didn't hang around long enough to test it for me... he must have a life!

Information on the SCS forum suggests that cam 5 in the VR game can't be manipulated in the same way that it can in the standard game and thus why outside 'walking' in v1.0 didn't work as expected.

SCS Forum - Oculus Rift - experimental support by Komat - SCS Software.
Limitations and known issues:
The head orientation and position is currently used only by the interior camera.

Therefore it required a total re-think/re-write to fix outside 'walking' not having full look left/right movement. VRDE no longer uses cam 5, so you can now use that lean out cam if you really need to. All movement is now carried out using cam 1.
If VRDE v2.0 does work correctly, my time and effort creating this won't have been wasted, as I think this solution will provide a better experience.

New VRDE menu mod v2.0
New VRDE controls v2.0

VRDE will now only work for supported trucks (game default trucks within both ATS & ETS2 - Any new trucks added to the games will require a mod update to support them).

Currently 'supported' SCS trucks:
ATS: Freightliner Cascadia - International 9900i, International LoneStar & International LT - Kenworth T680 & Kenworth W900 - Mack Anthem - Peterbilt 389 & Peterbilt 579 - Volvo VNL - Westernstar 49x & Westernstar 57x.

ETS2: DAF 2021, DAF XF105 & DAF XF - Iveco Hi-way & Iveco Stralis - MAN TGX & MAN TGX Euro 6 - Mercedes Actros & Mercedes New Actros - Renault Magnum, Renault Premium & Renault T - Scania R2009, Scania R, Scania S & Scania Streamline - Volvo FH Classic & Volvo FH.

Using an unsupported truck, your head will be stuck looking back over, if:
You're mod truck uses it's own interior cam file.
You use a mod that changes game default truck interior camera files.

For best results, load VRDE mod last (top of mod manager list), that way any mod trucks that use game default interior camera files will also be supported. But always test VRDE first with a 'supported' SCS truck to ensure it all works as intended.

When using an unsupported truck:
Open the VRDE menu and untick the 'Enable VRDE code' box at the top left. You'll now have game standard controls only.

Driving features:
Game default head movement - Game standard unrestricted movement.
or
Manual head movement - Unrestricted movement - You'll have to lean out of the window rather than the game doing it for you.
or
Manual head movement with window blocking - Restricted movement within the cab - Open the window to lean out.
Use the supplied CAM 1 presets in the VRDE menu to choose your preferred mode.

Passenger seat & Sleeper area:
The VRDE menu now contains sliders to position these cameras to exactly where you want them and save as your own preset.

New 'Look Action' - When you are sat or laid down in the sleeper area you can now activate sleep if you look straight up as the ceiling and press 'Action' (you must already be parked on a rest icon).
To change from sleeper to drivers seat, look away from the ceiling and press 'Action'.

Outside camera now has no collision data within it, so you'll 'walk' through objects, use your pedals to change the walk path as detailed in the first post.

Added more experimental outside presets.
If your pedals have dirty pots and therefore cause jittery movement then you can now use the 'stepped' version which splits the movement into 4 steps which makes it much easier to hold the desired walk path.
You can also try with added X & Z movement allowing you to move you head towards or away from your truck/trailer(s) whilst still 'walking' the outside path with your steering wheel.

Added option for 1 or 2 button control for operating windows and suspension, see first post for setup details.

Default key to open the VRDE menu is 'HOME'. See VRDE Q & A Section to change it.

Re-read the first post for all the updated descriptions.
Post 2 for the 'quick start' setup and now also the 'manual' setup.
Post 3 for VRDE Optional functions.
Post 4 for VRDE Q & A and other information.
JHTrucker
Expert

Re: VR Driving Enhancements ATS/ETS2 1.44-1.46 - ***TEST 2.1 for VR Headset users***

Post by JHTrucker » February 10th, 2023, 6:56 pm

VRDE UPDATE:
Note: I still don't have a VR headset and thus this update hasn't been tested on the VR version of the game and so may not work as intended...

New menu mod - 'VR Driving Enhancements v2.1 (1.44-1.46)'.

New 'quick start' controls.sii file - 'VRDE controls v2.1 10-02-2023.zip'

Added support for newly added ATS truck - Westernstar 5700XE

Fixed locked interior view in garage screen when changing cab interiors or internal accessories.

Amended walk path adjustment. When looking down the side of your trailer(s), from your truck, brake pedal turns left and accelerator pedal turns right.

New optional outside presets to enable max x movement, meaning you can 'walk' into the side of your truck & trailer(s) rather than the movement being suddenly stopped. Just like the default game doesn't limit your in cab movement. Perhaps this will feel better? See post 3 for all available options.

New 'Look Action' - Look down at the drivers inside door handle and press 'Action' to exit your truck - Thanks to PDoggNZ for the suggestion.
The original, look over your shoulder and press 'Action' is still available.

Amended 'Look Action' for 'sleeper to drivers seat' to prevent jumping from sleeper to outside drivers door caused by the above 'inside door handle' addition.
Look down from the ceiling whilst keeping your head within ~45 degrees left/right and press 'Action' to switch to drivers seat. If your head is turned too far left/right, nothing will happen.

Amended 'date highlighted' line edits on post 2 for the following:
config_lines[241]: "mix lookpos7...
config_lines[242]: "mix lookpos8...
config_lines[279]: "mix headtryaw...
config_lines[282]: "mix headtrx...
config_lines[297]: "mix mpedals...
config_lines[377]: "mix dashmapzoom...
config_lines[510]: "mix eyepreset1...
config_lines[513]: "mix eyepreset4...
config_lines[514]: "mix eyepreset5...
Note: Always ensure you have applied all previous line edit updates (that you may have missed) before applying these. If in doubt, use the 'quick start' controls.sii file.

Re-read the first post for all the updated descriptions.
Post 2 for the 'quick start' setup and the 'manual' setup.
Post 3 for VRDE Optional functions.
Post 4 for VRDE Q & A and other information.

No further development is planned as I consider VRDE as 'feature complete' now.
If a VR headset user can confirm it all works as intended, see post 5 for all example videos, then I'll keep it up to date with new game versions and add support for any future trucks that SCS adds.