ATS/ETS2 Screen configs for Single, Dual, Triple or Quad screen setups.

Make your game even better
JHTrucker
Expert

Re: ATS/ETS2 Screen configs for Single, Dual, Triple or Quad screen setups.

Post by JHTrucker » November 30th, 2023, 11:16 pm

@Wifiik - Glad that fixed it.

It can happen in any truck when your FOV/head/seat/mirror position isn't within the required parameters to display it correctly, but its rare.
When inside the truck the exterior of your truck isn't drawn, for performance reasons, and so the mirror has to render a scene that is different to what it looks like when outside, so it switches the truck exterior on/off as required, in the mirror when you are looking at it. This is probably an optimisation to prevent constantly calculating the mirrors with extra info when you are not looking at them.
Example: This is cam 1 when moved outside via extended TrackIR movement, showing no truck exterior.
So there may be a slight performance hit by disabling g_baked_vehicle, but I think your system won't even notice...

luckily for you I had the same issue when play testing this 'mirror adjustment mode' created back in August. The issue was caused when adjusting the mirrors far beyond what you can normally do via F4, but easily fixed... now.
viewtopic.php?p=60167#p60167
multimon_config.sii files: viewtopic.php?p=17658#p17658
controls.sii edits: viewtopic.php?p=24744#p24744
TrackIR edits: viewtopic.php?p=46613#p46613
Extra Cameras: viewtopic.php?p=46034#p46034
Rivanov

Re: ATS/ETS2 Screen configs for Single, Dual, Triple or Quad screen setups.

Post by Rivanov » February 16th, 2024, 3:43 pm

Since snowymoon over at SCSSoft Forum has made his TAA implementation compatible with multimonitor support, I prefer that method over the NPI Profile method I used before.
But the TAA implementation doesn't work with multimon mode 4 unfortunately.. only with multimon mode 2 .. but than my multimon_config.sii file doesn't get recognized and my proper FOV and alignment are screwed.

Is there any way to get this working with multimon mode 2?