Grand Utopia by MyGodness

Arayas
Site Admin

Re: Grand Utopia by MyGodness

Post by Arayas » February 1st, 2020, 3:13 pm

MyGodness wrote:
February 1st, 2020, 2:28 pm
Hi everyone,

Thank you for all your support you give me and also for inviting me on this forum. ;)
Welcome to the Linux community of ETS2 :D
You can start a proper Utopia topic here to have access to the first post editing as you should.
Other than that, as Bengan said, we write whatever, wherever, the rules are almost none.
Editor of Romania Extended Map
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
MyGodness

Post by MyGodness » February 1st, 2020, 3:16 pm

Thanks !
Image Image Image Image
olaf28

Post by olaf28 » February 1st, 2020, 4:25 pm

Jolly good :lol: :lol: :lol:

Making a litte dance here :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
olaf28

Post by olaf28 » February 1st, 2020, 5:08 pm

You must read this...

https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php ... 5#p1296723

Funny the feel the need to explain them selfs after they deleted the topic :roll:
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » February 1st, 2020, 5:13 pm

And as they put it "pre-emptively"! :roll:
Under the old set of rules, we would have just removed the links & anything that mentioned exclusive content, however because the ban would mean he isn't here to fix the topic in time on Monday when the newer rules take affect for existing topics, it was pre-emptively moved. Given his post on his FB page, I imagine it will be restored when he returns.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@3.60GHz
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » February 1st, 2020, 7:48 pm

The only map who must live is Promods.
promods.net has links to PAID mods, no matter what version they are. Problems? Noooo. All fine.

On the other hand, Promods themself have the rule "paid map must be exactly the same with free map", the certain motif i believe you wont see Grand Utopia for much longer on that forum.
Or maybe i am wrong, and i want to be, because GU is not competition to Promods, so we can close an eye.
In fact, only ROEX is not up to their rule. Atleast i didnt bother to open a topic there.

The paid map rule is fine for them, a huge map, many people working on it, some today, some gone already (see Poland Rebuilding team).
The small creators can eat shit, important is ONE map to make money and live longer, alone if possible. We also dont have the luxury to know with months in advance what the new DLC will include, to prepare the map for that new territory.

Dont get me wrong, the PM map is fine, the work is huge behind it, the team is bigger than SCS one. I use only the paid links for this reasons.
But please dont tell me you making money is fine, and the rest of us must shut up and work for free. Spare me of that logic.

THIS is the reason i've opened the forum. If you want to support a creator, it's our choice.
SCS must shut up because any mod, free or paid it's a promotion of their game, a content they dont have or they can't legaly add (licenses).
Also the STEAM promoted mods are generating income, but thats fine.
Whatever...
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
MyGodness

Post by MyGodness » February 14th, 2020, 9:58 am

I am not yet used to come regularly on this forum. So I just saw the post on the SCS forum. Sorry :D

I can understand that SCS assimilates the donated versions of Grand Utopia to the sale of mods. Personally, it is not in this sense that the exclusive versions were set up. The goal was to thank the people who actively supported the project by giving them a foretaste of future updates.

What disappointed me a bit from SCS is the way it was done. I know no one is supposed to ignore the law, but a warning would have been welcome before making the decision to ban me from the forum. After that is just my point of view.

Today, while I understand the actions of the SCS forum moderators who simply applied the regulation, I hesitate to go back to their forum. I love their games, I love to create my mod but for the first time I'm a little disappointed. The fact of not having had any answer from them to my email following the ban leaves me a little perplexed. I do not know what to think about all this.

I'm not the kind of person who creates mods in order to make money from them. For me, it's just a way to make up for the two thousand hours I've already spent on this project.

And as someone said, I also think mods help promote their game. For example, I'm sure one player has already bought one of their DLCs just to be able to play Grand Utopia. But that's another debate that doesn't just affect mods and game publishers. It's the whole mentality of the gaming world that needs to be challenged.
Image Image Image Image
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » February 14th, 2020, 1:00 pm

True.
They dont have any regards for the fact we dont offer support for pirated game, we "force" people to have all DLC's or for keeping people close to this game by modding diversity.
They dont live in this century, free and voluntary support for a creator it's something common nowdays, from Youtube, Patreon or GoFundMe pages.
Youtube should ban every creator receiveing a donation, after all, is their platform, no?

PS: How did they banned you? I'm not banned, they just asked me to remove site links. (Promods.net is still on the table, but we are little people...you know?)

Don't worry, i have no topic in both Promods or SCS forums and a good map like yours always will find a way.
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
MyGodness

Post by MyGodness » February 14th, 2020, 5:25 pm

I have a ban for one month. :roll:
Image Image Image Image