Compatibility between YKSRSK and Southern Region in the future.

ExtremorPL

Compatibility between YKSRSK and Southern Region in the future.

Post by ExtremorPL » August 14th, 2019, 7:40 pm

Hi,
As you may know, BenganJ has made the new main menu map background using new projection, which SCS uses now. And with release of the Road to Black Sea DLC author of both RoExtended and YKSRSK, Arayas is planning to update his map for compatibility with the newest DLC. In my opinion he also should move his YKSRSK to match to the new map projection to avoid problems with the new DLC and other maps, but let's leave that decision to him.

But what about Southern Region map which is in other scale? Southern Region map is going to expand more south from what I have read and it's going to create problems with YKSRSK. I know, Arayas can overwrite some SR map sectors, but it will probably create more problems in the future when SR map expand more and it's not a good solution in my opinion. In my opinion, a good solution would be rescaling Southern Regio map to 1:19 scale and match the new map projection from SCS. I know it would be difficult task and so on but I still think it is the only one right solution for this problem.

Don't understand me in bad way - I like both maps and I'm currently using those in my personal map combo. I'm only asking Arayas and authors of Southern Region to do something with this problem and I'm also asking for Your opinions. :)
Currently working on Road to Asia Map, somewhere in Turkmenistan. :D Our Discord server: https://discord.gg/48JZu2d
BenganJ

Re: Compatibility between YKSRSK and Southern Region in the future.

Post by BenganJ » August 14th, 2019, 7:54 pm

That is some VERY legitimate questions that ExtremorPL put. He beat me to it, but after
having made the satellite backgrounds and also some larger ME BG's than what SCS offer,
I was about to ask the same questions.

So, please, Arayas and Sergey, we want to hear your opinions on this. I assume Sergey has
to discuss with the SRMap team before answering. SRMap is the biggest problem right now,
with the promised development further to the east of Turkmenistan, Uszbekistan, Iran and
also further development of the Kaszakstan. SRMap needs a re-scale, PERIOD!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@3.60GHz
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
Kaperios

Post by Kaperios » August 14th, 2019, 8:02 pm

YKSRSK needs not only adjusting but the eastern Parts of Turkey, Georgia and Azerbaijan need a complete rebuild to fit in the proper place. The other problems that if SR gets rescaled the Russian community will probably be outraged by this because a Russian mapper gets rid of many cities (Not all cities will be able to fit after a rescale) just to get compatible with some non Russian map.
PerrydPelle

Post by PerrydPelle » August 14th, 2019, 8:05 pm

@Kaperios Thats a bit stereotypical imo
Dev for Road to Asia

Road to Asia Discord Server: https://discord.gg/48JZu2d

If you want to become a dev for Road to Asia contact me
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » August 14th, 2019, 8:41 pm

I used in YKS rescale the same custom background as i use today and used from the start. The cities are in their place for ROEX (following my background) but for Turkey i accepted little shifting here and there in order to keep all the cities.
Some of the roads are also missplaced but that was the road structure from YKS. I understand the problem described above, i dont have a problem with it, YKSRSK it's not that bad in this department but it will stay like this. When i will work again on YKSRSK i will aproach the problem in a smaller detail but not in this direction. Even the Azrebaidjan cities are in their location. I'm not judging this by a background mod, i'm judging following the editor background fitted with SCS one and functional as normal, the proof beeing for example the perfect alignament with the placement of the Promods cities or vanilla ones.

About other russian maps, as a simple user i dont see it coming. It's maybe "easy" to cut parts of ROS or Promozona but with SR it's other story.
And please understand this maps (YKS included) have NO scale. They didnt had a background and they were going by eye. This is why some starting areas are in their places, as soon as the background ended all went by aproximation.
As long as they dont enter in other (corect) maps territory i have no problem with it.
Editor of Romania Extended Map
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » August 14th, 2019, 8:48 pm

What you say there is damn correct, but as you indirectly say, YKS was once done
when SCS hadn't switched to the new map projection and SRMap had NO SCS made
background either when started. All this doesn't mean though, that it is impossible
to correct. But, just like you, I doubt it will happen any time soon, if ever! Sadly!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » August 14th, 2019, 8:57 pm

I dont know about map projection and sience i didnt touched map editor for a month now (personal reasons and 1.35 sickeness) i dont have time to deal with it.
Funny is one year ago people were fighting to use original YKS and then was no problem with shifting. When the DLC will be out i will see where is their Istanbul and where are my roads to connect it. Then we will see.
I agree, in a ideal world, yes.
Editor of Romania Extended Map
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » August 14th, 2019, 9:03 pm

Regarding YKS and YKSRSK it's no problem with Istanbul, but the further from
what SCS supports mapwise in ME and game, the worse it will get. When it
comes to SRMap, it's a plain question about scale, just as it was earlier wíth
YKS before you re-scaled it. YKSRSK is just marginally incorrect today, thanks
to you! :D
ExtremorPL

Post by ExtremorPL » August 14th, 2019, 9:08 pm

I agree with BenganJ but the biggest problem is with eastern part of YKSRSK, the rest is fine.

Currently working on Road to Asia Map, somewhere in Turkmenistan. :D Our Discord server: https://discord.gg/48JZu2d
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » August 14th, 2019, 9:19 pm

Quite so! As I said earlier, the further you come from SCS zero point,
near Erfurt, things are getting worse, for the old maps, created before
SCS switched projection. If someone still have the YKS for 1.35, it has
been updated I'm pretty sure of, activate it with the same BG, and you'll
see what Arayas REALLY has done for us! :D

EDIT: Okay I did it myself! There's some difference, huh? Click to enlarge!