[DX11] Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI)

Make your game even better
tantalus

Re: [DX11] Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI)

Post by tantalus » September 25th, 2021, 11:55 pm

JHTrucker wrote:
September 21st, 2021, 11:24 pm
Based on this:
cpu generates each frame.
gpu renders those frames.
gpu then brute forces NPI 4xMSAA on each frame.
It should stand to reason that if the gpu is weak and/or resolution is very high the gpu will not manage both actions at least 60 times a second without turning a lot of the games graphic settings down or off.

But anyway, as this is a help thread, perhaps you could share your NPI and game settings here so that others can also enjoy them. Thanks.
And again, you dont need a strong videocard. The problem comes from the bottleneck. When ATS was released (better said, ETS2 or the game engine itself since ATS was released later..) multi-core cpus were just a luxury.
The game was designed to perform nicely in single core cpus back in the day.
As time passes, gpus became stronger, and they needed a CPU that can handle more than one core because the data stream started to be too high.

If a game designed for a single core CPU needs to run in sync with a videocard that "requires" more than one core, that game is going to underperform, badly. The technology used in this game is so obsolete that a 1050 in fact
has way more than enough power to run the game at 60fps without sweat, but it cant, because the game is using only one cpu core and the data is not travelling as fast as it should. And 4xMSAA doesnt have such big
impact in performance as people think. It shouldnt. Again, the problem comes from the game engine itself.

And i remember this even happening too with my ancient 650gtx as well. Back in the days i could run the game at 60fps with this card at mid-max settings... i dont think NPI was a thing back then, but still.

So, stop believing that this game requires a powerful videocard. IT DOESNT. The perfomance problems come from elsewhere.

My NPI settings are exactly the same as described in the first page, with the difference im using fixed VSYNC (i dont have performance problems so this is the right choice for me) but i dont know what has to do with anything... :p

The only difference is, im not using 8k shadow resolution (its completely stupid).
Last edited by tantalus on September 26th, 2021, 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Windows 10 xxxx.xxx whatever is the last version... lol.
Ryzen 5 2600x
Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660 Ti Gaming 6Gb
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming 450B
16Gb Corsair RAM
Gaming on a 1TB M2 SDD Seagate.
tantalus

Post by tantalus » September 26th, 2021, 12:05 am

Strega wrote:
September 22nd, 2021, 8:30 am
@bt103504

There are 3 mods from Robinicus that change the vegetation LOD. One is the max setting mentioned in the first post, one is 50% less than max settings and the last is 75% less than max. They are in his workshop on Steam.

This one is max settings and the one I use https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2001007740
Again, none of those work. I already did my own mods back in the days with no avail. In some sectors vegetation is rendered sooner, in others, later for unknown reasons, maybe thats way you would think it works...
And nothing you can do about it. It seems to me that the game engine is so frikkin saturated that it ignores most things. Also, many things became obsolete and useless in the 1.39 update, including
these lines modifying the lod distance. SCS said they were working on another way to do it and those lines will be obsolete. I dont know if they are already obsolete but it seems that way since 1.39.
Ryzen 5 2600x
16Gb Corsair RAM
tantalus

Post by tantalus » September 26th, 2021, 6:32 am

t2patel wrote:
September 22nd, 2021, 12:59 pm
My graphic is awesome and there is no issue at all. I got the 60 FPS almost all the time except passing through dense jungle roads or hilly roads where the number of trees is more and very high vegetation where my fps is down upto 40 fps. can you please tell me if there is any setting to low my vegetation without compromise my graphics?

I got constant 60 fps in cities also except at traffic signal which is normal.
There is no reason to have less performance on signals as long as the city is optimized and done right. Same case with populated grass or tree zones. In fact, promods is full of them but you are not going to have fps drops there.
Unless its a map mod where the creator has done something weird like using high poly model trees everywhere (modders know that you only place high detail trees in near distance, not behind) there shouldnt be any fps drop.
Another fps hit is the configuration of the traffic paths. If there are too many it can cause a performance hit, but again it should be fine in most situations. And remember, it is not your videocard the problem, the problem is
the game engine. It wont matter how good is your videocard, as long as the game is using only one core of the cpu.

If you think your graphics are awesome, they will be even better if you will stop using 4k and use just 1080p with NPI. Just saying. You think your graphics look great because you are playing at 4k and at that resolution,
antialiasing, shimmering and other problems are less noticeable. But as i said, the quality you are getting is inferior to what you can get using instead 1080p + NPI.
Ryzen 5 2600x
16Gb Corsair RAM
clear F1
VIP

Post by clear F1 » September 26th, 2021, 12:07 pm

This thread is Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI).

Use the settings (options) that you think will give you the best results, based on step 1 as shown by BenganJ.
Of course, I'm not an expert, so don't take everything too seriously.
There are plenty of places to drop fps in Promods, and in other maps and SCS DLC.
Even if only one core is used, the more recent the CPU and the higher the clock speed, the better, and the same goes for the GPU, but a 2 generation old video card will be enough to have fun.
Enjoy the Partialiasing compatibility (DX1x) '0x80000A7F' discovered by JHTrucker.

My English is bad.
AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
ASRock X670E Taichi Carrara
DOMINATOR TITANIUM DDR5-7200 32GB
PNY RTX4070Ti 12GB VERTO LED WE
WD m.2 KIOXIA m.2
DedaToro
PPM

Post by DedaToro » September 27th, 2021, 8:14 pm

Hello all,

I don't know where to start.

With the settings suggested on the first page, when I set AA (2x + 2x) no problem occurs.

However, when I try to set AA (4x + 4x) a problem arises.
When I want to turn, when I hit the brakes and then press the turn signal button, the game becomes slow-smooth slow-smooth / 1 second slow-1 second smooth (I don't know what it's called).

Problems arise only in such situations. In other situations no problems arise.

Is this the effect of my GPU card?
I'm using a GTX 1050 2GB.

Edit:
"Problems arise only in such situations. In other situations no problems arise."
Problems arise only in such situations with camera 2. In other situations with others camera, no problems arise.
tantalus

Post by tantalus » September 28th, 2021, 3:16 am

clear F1 wrote:
September 26th, 2021, 12:07 pm
There are plenty of places to drop fps in Promods, and in other maps and SCS DLC.
No, there arent. If you have fps drops as a constant in promods, you are doing something wrong. And no, not a single SCS DLC has fps drops, you need to check your config.
The game for me since 1.39 never perfomed so nicely. Not a single fps drop, maybe a few in specific places but i can be playing for hours and not experience a single fps drop.
The only map mod i experienced fps drops to the point of being almost unplayable is roextended on up to 1.39. I still need to test again in 1.41 but i dont have much hopes.
I experience maybe a couple of fps drops in rusmap, or southern region, or others, but thats about it. Not a single fps drop in promods.

You also need to check your mods again, we said this millions of times. Obsolete, unpolished or rubbish mods translates in fps drops and hiccups.

Its a shame that the lighting is ruining my whole experience in ATS, now that the game runs smoothly as heaven.
Ryzen 5 2600x
16Gb Corsair RAM
tantalus

Post by tantalus » September 28th, 2021, 3:18 am

clear F1 wrote:
September 26th, 2021, 12:07 pm
Even if only one core is used, the more recent the CPU and the higher the clock speed, the better, and the same goes for the GPU,
Wrong. Completely wrong. It doesnt matter how powerful is your gpu, again if you use only one core. ZZZ.
And it also doesnt matter much the speed of your single core cpu. Since 2015 even the slowest single core cpu is way more than enough to handle the game at max settings.
Even with the new "lighting" update, that is in fact worst than before.
Ryzen 5 2600x
16Gb Corsair RAM
tantalus

Post by tantalus » September 28th, 2021, 3:25 am

DedaToro wrote:
September 27th, 2021, 8:14 pm
With the settings suggested on the first page, when I set AA (2x + 2x) no problem occurs.

However, when I try to set AA (4x + 4x) a problem arises.
When I want to turn, when I hit the brakes and then press the turn signal button, the game becomes slow-smooth slow-smooth / 1 second slow-1 second smooth (I don't know what it's called).

Problems arise only in such situations. In other situations no problems arise.

Is this the effect of my GPU card?
I'm using a GTX 1050 2GB.
Thats weird. But we need more data. What are you fps? constant?

Again, the videocard is the less of your problems. Are you using other mods?

Are you sure you have vsync activated?

Dont rely specificaly in the settings from the first page. Some settings are just personal preferences.

For example, i cant remember whats the setting about pre-rendered frames in the first page, but in your case, dont go beyond 2.

Its weird becaue if you had such performance problems using 4x, you should experiment also a few using just 2x. The difference in performance shouldnt be so high.

The only thing i can see is, with 2gb of vram only, if you are using the command line -mm_max_resource_size 56 -mm_max_tmp_buffers_size 1456 -mm_pool_size 8192 (this is my setup)
or whatever varlues you using, you should change these to something like -mm_max_resource_size 32 -mm_max_tmp_buffers_size 1024 -mm_pool_size 2048
Im not sure the first two parameters will be fit to your videocard and cpu, you will probably need to test it. But the last one, the pool size shouldnt be bigger than your videocard memory
unless you have 6gb or more.
Ryzen 5 2600x
16Gb Corsair RAM
clear F1
VIP

Post by clear F1 » September 28th, 2021, 3:31 am

@DedaToro
I think you are right.

@tantalus
I'm hardly going to argue with you, but please give me a good opinion on the user question.
This is where we make sure AA works well.
AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
ASRock X670E Taichi Carrara
DOMINATOR TITANIUM DDR5-7200 32GB
PNY RTX4070Ti 12GB VERTO LED WE
WD m.2 KIOXIA m.2
DedaToro
PPM

Post by DedaToro » September 29th, 2021, 9:54 am

tantalus wrote:
September 28th, 2021, 3:25 am
Thats weird. But we need more data. What are you fps? constant?

Again, the videocard is the less of your problems. Are you using other mods?

Are you sure you have vsync activated?
I was getting 30fps but when the problem occurred the fps immediately dropped.

Yes. I use several mods.

I set vsync to option "2"

clear F1 wrote:
September 28th, 2021, 3:31 am
@DedaToro
I think you are right.
Thanks for the answer