[DX11] Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI)

Make your game even better
BenganJ

Re: [DX11] Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI)

Post by BenganJ » May 16th, 2021, 3:56 pm

@MrPapaBear

Skip the in game setting of Refresh rate, set it to Default refresh. Then, which is the the external limiter in NPI you use?
I ask because there are at least 4 different ways to do it in NPI.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
t2patel

Post by t2patel » May 16th, 2021, 4:22 pm

BenganJ wrote:
May 16th, 2021, 3:49 pm
@t2patel

With what we know right now I would say, stick to 4xMSAA+4xSGSSAA. Regarding AO settings
in NPI, it doesn't matter what settings you have as long as the following is set. The reason is
that NPI AO does not get proper due to SCS's implementation of its SSAO. Both of them should
be OFF. Ambient occlusion usage: Disabled

I recommend that you raise the Texture filtering LOD Bias (DX) : -1.5000.

Also keep uset r_sun_shadow_texture_size to at least "8192" to at least get decent shadows.

BTW, did you manage to get a pretty stable, constant FPS=48 by setting r_vsync to "3"?
Yes, got the constant FPS 48 and it's pretty stable also
t2patel

Post by t2patel » May 16th, 2021, 4:24 pm

BenganJ wrote:
May 16th, 2021, 3:56 pm
@MrPapaBear

Skip the in game setting of Refresh rate, set it to Default refresh. Then, which is the the external limiter in NPI you use?
I didn't get you, external limiter?
MrPapaBear
PPM

Post by MrPapaBear » May 16th, 2021, 4:27 pm

BenganJ wrote:
@MrPapaBear

I skipped the in game refresh rate setting, but since last night my Game sets itself to 60FPS, if i change it in game to 144 i get my stable 72fps as set in NPI. Her is the NPI setting:

I set the pre-rendered frames to 3 because if I set it to 1 like recommended with g- sync, i get sometimes picture slow downs but non fps drop.
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » May 16th, 2021, 4:30 pm

t2patel wrote:
May 16th, 2021, 4:24 pm
BenganJ wrote:
@MrPapaBear

I didn't get you, external limiter?
That post was NOT addressed to you!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » May 16th, 2021, 4:48 pm

@MrPapaBear

Ah, so you use G-Sync activated! Then I'm a bit off, but have you tested to set Frame Rate Limiter V3 to off in NPI
and use NCP's Max Frame Rate instead? G-Sync is not my cup of tea, maybe someone else can chime in and help.
MrPapaBear
PPM

Post by MrPapaBear » May 16th, 2021, 4:51 pm

Good Idea I will try that, I think it's some kind of problem who takes control. Because i changed something else in settings(not graphics) and it went down to 60 again. So i set the refresh rate to default and back to 144 and there was my 72frames again.
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » May 16th, 2021, 4:57 pm

@MrPapaBear

That is a pattern I've heard from many G-Sync users, flipping, non-constant FPS.

EDIT: So, use G-Sync as it is supposed to be used OR disable it and use the V-Sync
settings I've talked about here!
MrPapaBear
PPM

Post by MrPapaBear » May 16th, 2021, 5:16 pm

BenganJ wrote:
May 16th, 2021, 4:57 pm
@MrPapaBear

That is a pattern I've heard from many G-Sync users, flipping, non-constant FPS.

EDIT: So, use G-Sync as it is supposed to be used OR disable it and use the V-Sync
settings I've talked about here!
After some testing it turns out its something SCS did or Nvidia with there newest update. Because i was having does Problems since 1.40, at that time I thought it was the menu change from 0 to 8 and Trucker recommended some changes. Taking NPi out the play and let the game handle vsync with the config parameter in the global config file. At this time it didn't help so I changed the 8 to 0 again and all seemed ok. Now i used this for testing if I do as Trucker recommended I should have stable 72FPS with the in game setting to standard refresh rate. But no I get 30FPS half of what the game sees as standard(60FPS) if i change the refreshe rate in Game to 144, the recommendation from trucker works and i get 72Fps.

Edit: Found the Problem and it was the newest Windows update or Nvidia update:

this is what Nvidia or Windows decided to set my Monitor for, in this setup there is no 144hz for my Monitor

And thats what it should be set it and always was, giving me my Resolution and my 144hz. And then Ets2 is running normal with the normal settings.

:ireful2: Conclusion I hate Windows or Nvidia or both when they update
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » May 16th, 2021, 6:05 pm

@MrPapaBear

I hope you are aware of the fact that as soon as Nvidia driver gets updated automatically
or by you manually, YOU MUST re-Apply the NPI settings.