[DX11] Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI)

Make your game even better
BenganJ

Re: [DX11] Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI)

Post by BenganJ » May 14th, 2021, 5:08 pm

@Keiseiw74

Any luck?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
Keiseiw74

Post by Keiseiw74 » May 14th, 2021, 5:35 pm

I'm at work, I'll check in the evening
t2patel

Post by t2patel » May 14th, 2021, 9:41 pm

Hi Bengan & Team,

Good day to all
I came to know about NPI setting from google day before yesterday, I had spent almost 10+ hours after that on this post and implemented NPI setting in ETS 2 1.40. I must say you guys are doing a fantastic job...Thanks for the same from bottom of my heart.
I am still struggling to get graphic like Clumsy's videos, I will disturb you if I will stuck somewhere,
One request, if possible, can you please share here your NPI profile with config file?

My setup

Monitor: Aorus AD27QD, 27", 1ms, 144 Hz
Graphic card: Gigabyte RTX 3080
MOBO : Gigabyte Z 390M gaming
Processor I7 4.5 GHz
M.2 Samsung Evo harddisk
32 GB ram

Once again thanks for your help to all...
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » May 14th, 2021, 10:13 pm

@t2patel

It's like this, the settings you can use is very dependent on the hardware you have,
so there's no use for us to publish our settings. With the hardware you have, I would
say that you can use all the maximum settings from the first post. If that gives you
any problems, just ask.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
therobloxians1119
PPM

Post by therobloxians1119 » May 15th, 2021, 1:40 am

@BenganJ

I have found a way to get silk smoothness back in my NPI. I have downgraded my Nvidia Driver to 442.74 and my NPI to 2.3.0.10. I now have the Silk Smoothness option in my NPI. The game looks much more smoother with silk smoothness enabled!
t2patel

Post by t2patel » May 15th, 2021, 10:07 am

BenganJ wrote:
May 14th, 2021, 10:13 pm
@t2patel

It's like this, the settings you can use is very dependent on the hardware you have,
so there's no use for us to publish our settings. With the hardware you have, I would
say that you can use all the maximum settings from the first post. If that gives you
any problems, just ask.

Thanks for the reply.

one small query...
From post one, there are three steps that I had followed and applied in my game, and its working, after that I had made a change in the same and applied "Presently recommended NPI settings:" along with

"NCP Image sharpening"
and
'4x [4x Multisampling]'
'4x Sparse Grid Supersampling'
and
Nvidia Control Panel -> Manage 3D settings -> Global settings -> DSR factors. Tick 1.20x, 1.50x, 1.78x, 2.00x or 4.00x.
Set desktop resolution to new DSR resolution.
Set in game resolution to new DSR resolution.

In result got the better graphic, and seeing more clouds with drop some very negligible FPS.

So I stick to the above setting.

Now small issue is facing that there is still jagged line in shadow of the power line, bridge cables, it is reduced by 90% if I compare it with without NPI profile but it is still there.

Please note I have already changed below values

uset r_sun_shadow_texture_size 4096 to "16384"

Am I doing something wrong?

---------------------------------------------
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » May 15th, 2021, 11:10 am

@t2patel

Sadly I can't see what you see, so please give me a screenshot of what you call jagged shadows
tantalus

Post by tantalus » May 16th, 2021, 5:35 am

t2patel wrote:
May 14th, 2021, 9:41 pm
I am still struggling to get graphic like Clumsy's videos,
Clumsy doesnt use any graphic mods as of late. In fact i think hes already using the npi scheme.
His game looks exactly the same as me, and most players. You are not missing anything special.

He used naturalux back in the day, and grimes, but thats about it. Not today.
Windows 10 xxxx.xxx whatever is the last version... lol.
Ryzen 5 2600x
Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660 Ti Gaming 6Gb
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming 450B
16Gb Corsair RAM
Gaming on a 1TB M2 SDD Seagate.
tantalus

Post by tantalus » May 16th, 2021, 5:37 am

BenganJ wrote:
May 15th, 2021, 11:10 am
@t2patel

Sadly I can't see what you see, so please give me a screenshot of what you call jagged shadows
Oh come on, like if you never saw jagged shadows playing the game at this point.. they are everywhere, specially on fences when the light comes down or coming from big cable lines...

@t2patel there is nothing you can do, if you already have shadow resolution to 4096 (i dont recommend going beyond that 16k is completely insane! but if you want to play with big fps drop on performance...) what you see is what it is.

Its just a limitation coming from the terrible shadow casting system of the game.
Windows 10 xxxx.xxx whatever is the last version... lol.
Ryzen 5 2600x
Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660 Ti Gaming 6Gb
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming 450B
16Gb Corsair RAM
Gaming on a 1TB M2 SDD Seagate.
MrPapaBear
PPM

Post by MrPapaBear » May 16th, 2021, 6:17 am

I have something going on that I can't explain so I thought I ask her, and see if someone else experienced this. Normally when I run ETS2 I have constant 72Fps as i set it in NPI. Today i start the Game and my Frames are constant on 60FPS as if that's my set Number. Any advice or anyone experienced something like that?

Edit: Found the Problem my self still would like some inside from the experts. So it's something ETS2 changed, normally in the Options I have the vsync off and refresh rate was set to default. And this since 1.36 or so. Always with stable 72Frames. Because of my de-script "Problem" i changed the setting from default refresh rate to 144hz and boom I'm back to my normal 72FPS constant.

So I'm wondering did something change? Or did I normal have it set to the 144hz and it for some reason changed to default without me noticing first? I am curious and a little confused. :man_in_love: :bomb: :dash2: