[DX11] Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI)

Make your game even better
BenganJ

Re: [DX11] Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI)

Post by BenganJ » May 1st, 2021, 1:38 pm

@olaf28

One thing, if you don't see the "white dots" there, you will have to look at other mods, like Europe Reskin
or one of Grimes mods e.g., who could have replaced the original texture with another. So, keep hunting! :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
skyy-v8
PPM

Post by skyy-v8 » May 1st, 2021, 1:48 pm

About the textures.
If Europe Reskin replaces the textures, then I have no idea why there are those white dots.
I have seen them myself. Only I didn't have time to find out wat caused this. And I don't remember where I saw this
I am unfortunately very unskilled regarding the map editor :D If you want to reproduce it, the area where I found them was e.g. in and around Kopenhaven (Promods).. If you find out something, let us know :D Appreciating your efforts a lot!

@BenganJ take a look at this picture, here it is very clean what we mean, its kind a kind of lines of small white dots that are flickering when moving and I think they're kind of new, not the well know game flickering itself by lack of proper AA

BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » May 1st, 2021, 2:22 pm

@skyy-v8

I still bet that if you don't use any graphics mods like Europe Reskin, Grimes mods or Project NG or such
you probably will find that those "extra" dots are present already in the original texture, maybe badly
placed flat on top of another texture, but could flicker anyhow under certain viewing angles. If you use
one or other of the above, then one of them could have the texture you see replacing the original.

EDIT: It all looks as if someone has placed a solid line on top of a bit skewed broken line, not covering it all.

EDIT2: Do this. In a brand new profile, just load Promods original, nothing more. Check if the same place
has those dots. Also, while there, hit F11, click REPORT button and post last line from bugs.txt file.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MrPapaBear
PPM

Post by MrPapaBear » May 1st, 2021, 3:14 pm

And her comes the bear. Those lines been there since 1.39. It wasn't as many as we have now, but they been always there. U see them on road and scenery connections. My assumption was always and that's why I didn't report it, that its the map assets not placed together 100% accurate or in a straight line. I seen them with Graphics Mods, without and with texture replacement mods or without. Why I'm assuming what I wrote is because when I was making maps for Farming Simulator you often seen this on Roads, when u placed them on each other not exactly in the same degree or just to close to far from each other and that could just be a tiny little bit not placed all the way together.
therobloxians1119
PPM

Post by therobloxians1119 » May 2nd, 2021, 2:03 am

Here I am again with a question. In the game graphics, what should I set my mirror quality, mirror resolution and mirror distance to? Low, medium, high or ultra?
MrPapaBear
PPM

Post by MrPapaBear » May 2nd, 2021, 2:11 am

therobloxians1119 wrote:
May 2nd, 2021, 2:03 am
Here I am again with a question. In the game graphics, what should I set my mirror quality, mirror resolution and mirror distance to? Low, medium, high or ultra?
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » May 2nd, 2021, 2:13 am

@

Mirror quality ----------- High
Mirror resolution ------- Medium //making the scale of the mirrors 100% in order to get proper AA in the mirrors.'
Mirror distance --------- Whatever your card can cope with, I have it at Custom, i.e. r_mirror_view_distance "900" in config.cfg. But that is higher than Ultra, your choice.

All info is in first post!
therobloxians1119
PPM

Post by therobloxians1119 » May 2nd, 2021, 2:58 am

I really should take some more time reading! Thank you..
MrPapaBear
PPM

Post by MrPapaBear » May 2nd, 2021, 3:43 am

Bengan question are you aware of this? Because i had some Errors and just searched Google randomly and found a old SCS Entry. Take a look, please. :read:

I changed it to 3 a few days ago, because I wanted to see if that would look better with the grass. Now changed it back and the Error is gone. :moil: :to_become_senile:

It goes on that this is not Supported anymore and so on. Just wasn't sure if you or Trucker seen this back in the days. :wizard:
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » May 2nd, 2021, 11:28 am

@MrPapaBear

I'm aware of that fact, it is still possible to choose "3", but we learned the hard way some versions
ago, that setting that value, gave HEAVY FPS drops at certain places with high density vegetation.
If that value is still in first post I'll at least make a note there. Thanks for the reminder.

EDIT: Note that in the first post it is listed like this:
[*] EXTREME FPS HIT
uset r_mirror_view_distance "900" //This will give you 900 meters view in the mirrors before objects disappear.
uset g_lod_factor_pedestrian "15" // This and the following 2 parameters will make LOD changes further away for the objects mentioned. [See Note 5]
uset g_lod_factor_parked "15" // See above.
uset g_lod_factor_traffic "15" // See above.
uset g_grass_density "3" // This is a hidden value not possible to set in game and gives you maximum grass density. Found by JHTrucker
So, I think the warning is already there and has been there for quite some time.