[DX11] Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI)

Make your game even better
MrPapaBear
PPM

Re: [DX11] Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI)

Post by MrPapaBear » April 27th, 2021, 2:06 am

Yes it improves the Garage immense when u change the 8 to a 0. What I'm confused about is now the NPi is again messing with my FPS pre set. So my NPI is set to 72FPS because 144 Monitor. So far never a Problem no drop in Frames nothing, running like it should. After changing this setting my FPS for some reason goes above the set 72 again 73/74. No Problem just a observation.
Hg201

Post by Hg201 » April 27th, 2021, 3:37 am

BenganJ wrote:
April 26th, 2021, 6:47 pm
EDIT: Yes, I get the same result, the AA is at least slightly better with
g_meu_aa_limit set to "0" than g_menu_aa_limit "8" in menus. So, as
a consequence I will now change the value in first post.
Note: I had everything working smoothly and then I changed just this setting. Immediately I ended up with the "rubber band" driving effect. "Like driving a frog" is a way of describing I saw mentioned somewhere. I don't have FPS monitoring so I can't tell exactly how my FPS is affected, but I had to revert to "8" to avoid throwing up. I have RTX-3090 GPU and 5950x CPU so it should be able to handle anything. :scratch_one-s_head:
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » April 27th, 2021, 3:46 am

@Hg201

That shouldn't happen unless you have a very low end graphics card. I suggest you revert
back until we have sorted this out and this has settled!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
Hg201

Post by Hg201 » April 27th, 2021, 6:13 am

@BenganJ Yeah no worries, I have reverted and am happily trucking again.
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » April 27th, 2021, 12:32 pm

@JHTrucker

Correct me if I'm wrong, BUT this change of g_menu_aa_limit from "8" to "0" should not at all
have any impact on normal driving, only on Menu pages AA, disabling SSAA to give MSAA a chance?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
JHTrucker
Expert

Post by JHTrucker » April 27th, 2021, 3:16 pm

@MrPapaBear - Perhaps sometimes i over explain. I just think the more people that take an interest in what does what, the more chance that we improve what we have.
Set frame limit to 73 in NPI.
Set vsync to 'app control' in NPI
In config set this:
uset r_vsync "2" <-- that is half vsync (72 for 144hz).

You can get extra fps due to 'pre render ahead 3 etc' but setting NPI frame limit to 'required fps + 1' should stop that.
That should allow the game to control vsync. No problem if you were happy as it was.

@Hg201 - "Driving a frog" was my line! From the other topic... glad it describes the problem.
uset t_averaging_window_length "60" <-- is this what you are using currently?

That value was just my guess at what would suit me:
I run at 30fps and 60 gives me 2 seconds worth of past frames for the game to use for frame time for the up coming frame.
If you run at 60fps then 60 will only use 1 second worth of frames and so the average will be not as accurate.
Please test uset t_averaging_window_length "xx" where xx is double your normal fps.

@BenganJ - There's a chance that now MSAA is acting on menu and driving screen that the load has increased because the menu doesn't load up, it just appears when you press ESC etc and so it's 'always on', just hidden until required? But a high end card shouldn't have issues with this.
But if we've turned off SSAA then the game isn't doing that either...
Lets see if increasing t_averaging_window_length helps.
multimon_config.sii files: viewtopic.php?p=17658#p17658
controls.sii edits: viewtopic.php?p=24744#p24744
TrackIR Driving Enhancements: viewtopic.php?p=46613#p46613
Extra Cameras: viewtopic.php?p=46034#p46034
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » April 27th, 2021, 3:24 pm

@JHTrucker

Okay, but shouldn't that be a marginal loss of FPS or if all the Menu Screens are getting
MSAA as well as the driving scene, could that be that kind of drastic loss of FPS or rather
heavy varying FPS. The Menu Screens aren't that graphically complex ones.
JHTrucker
Expert

Post by JHTrucker » April 27th, 2021, 4:06 pm

@BenganJ - Whilst the desktop scene isn't complex it is a high detail exterior of your truck and while you are driving with a high detail interior the exterior isn't drawn at the same time for performance reasons. Perhaps now that's the problem?
But i'm just guessing at how the game menus work and act with this AA.
Perhaps add an extra to the first post "If you get rubber banding use '8'".
When testing menu_aa i didn't drive around. But last night i drove around Baltics picking up trailers and delivering for about 1 1/2 hours without issue (i don't use sleep and so the game was just constantly running without loading screens).

DONE! //BenganJ
multimon_config.sii files: viewtopic.php?p=17658#p17658
controls.sii edits: viewtopic.php?p=24744#p24744
TrackIR Driving Enhancements: viewtopic.php?p=46613#p46613
Extra Cameras: viewtopic.php?p=46034#p46034
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » April 27th, 2021, 4:34 pm

@JHTrucker

Well, I drove a bit on my own map, where I have full control of what kind of resources I meet,
solely SCS ones, and I had no FPS drops, all the time at 30, and no rubber-banding. Could it be,
that it happens in certain areas on maps where the modifications of own resources haven't
been done to adjust to the new Lighting System?

@Hg201

Where were you driving when you got the rubber-banding effect? Can you verify that you get
it all over or is it only in certain areas?
iberks

Post by iberks » April 27th, 2021, 7:21 pm

Hello everyone, I use NPI AA without any problem either on 2x and 4x SS. On days I get around of 60 fps on 4x ss and around the same fps at nights however under lights I get terrible FPS hit and it drops to 30-32 (for ex on ferry at nights when ferry interior lights on, when I pass another truck when my headlights on or even city lights sometimes hits the FPS). I also feel the same problem when I'm driving between lots of trees around the road. 2x SS + any light don't even affect the FPS.
I also noticed that truck headlights also started dropping the FPS around of -5 afterwards the 1.40 update on 4X SS regardless of day/night circle and even though headlights are not visible during the day.
Do you guys have the same problem who has got the similar performing GPU?
GPU: GTX 1650
RAM: 16GB
CPU: Ryzen 7 3750H