[DX11] Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI)

Make your game even better
BenganJ

Re: [DX11] Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI)

Post by BenganJ » April 22nd, 2021, 2:12 am

@Dowler82

Did you download and install the multimon_config.sii in Step 2? Then in Step 3 it says that you should set this in your config.cfg, uset r_multimon_mode "4".
You haven't done that. It is also recommended that in order to get AA in your mirrors you set the followin in config.cfg too.

Code: Select all

uset r_mirror_scale_y "1"
uset r_mirror_scale_x "1"
So, without me diving into your settings more than that, I suggest that you double and triple check that you REALLY have set everything as said in Step 1-3.
If it still not give you proper AA, come back and post again.

EDIT: You also have configured the AA parameters totally wrong in NPI, so get them properly set too!!!

EDIT2: Do just Step 1-3, then check that you have AA, EXACTLY as recommended in the first post!

EDIT3: I'm off to bed now, but we can continue later on!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
Psycho_Yuri
PPM

Post by Psycho_Yuri » April 22nd, 2021, 3:51 am

Is there also a non-christmas tree lights version of this guide? lol
VSigda

Post by VSigda » April 22nd, 2021, 9:22 am

Hi.
@BenganJ

I am using ATS 1.40.1 and AA seems to be working for me. 34" curved monitor at 3440 x 1440 native resolution at 120Hz, G-Sync enabled and locked at 60fps using 442.74 drivers (I tried newest drivers but game wasn't as smooth) and standard single multi-com cfg file. I do have the far distance blurring of signs not being as clear as 1.39 but overall we still have AA working. Thanks a bunch!!!

Edit:
Hi.
@BenganJ

I'm sending two more pics as I am second guessing the above photos and don't want to get 1.39 pics mixed up with 1.40.1 pics. Sorry for the confusion. So these pics are for sure from 1.40.1 (The first two above might be as well but can't say for sure). Also I was having problems adding pics so if doubles come up please delete pics not needed if you can. Cheers!!! Edit 2: Looking at the pics again I'm pretty sure top is 1.39 and bottom is still 1.40.1 and I think I need some sleep (but it is still a comparison between both versions for AA working). Edit3: just a note for the bottom 1.40.1 pics I do have dof turned on with a gentleman’s edited dof settings a few posts up from here

Last edited by VSigda on April 22nd, 2021, 12:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dowler82

Post by Dowler82 » April 22nd, 2021, 9:59 am

Dowler82 wrote:
April 22nd, 2021, 1:57 am
@BenganJ no problem for asking, just happy you are willing to try and help. Here are screenshot of npi and log attached

@BenganJ, That is bizarre as I literally changed the config file before loading the ETS2 up and sending the files over to you.

I do, however have a theory I will check when I get home from work. I was having issues with Onedrive restoring original files/folders within my documents folder, and I suspect this may be the case again now. Later on I will disable Onedrive, test this theory and let you know the results.
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » April 22nd, 2021, 11:25 am

@Psycho_Yuri

Have you tried Wombat's video? Or any other video if English isn't your cup of tea?
I'm sorry if I have ruined your black&white world!

@VSigda

Your pictures look damn good! Thanks for the report!

@Dowler82

Your NPI settings are should be saved in 2 ways. First by hitting Apply changes button
to the upper right, which activate the settings in the Nvidia driver. The second one is
for your self, so that you always can restore your own settings, e.g. when you update
the Nvidia driver and you do that by Exporting profile to disk.

EDIT: Sorry, about the NPI AA settings, my bad! You have the 4xMSAA setting greyed
out, that mislead me, but why is it greyed out? Did you select the present profile
in the beginning and edited it or did you create a totally new profile for the game?
There's something odd lying around here!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » April 22nd, 2021, 2:26 pm

Psycho_Yuri wrote:
April 22nd, 2021, 3:51 am
Is there also a non-christmas tree lights version of this guide? lol
I have to admit Bengan likes to flood your head with a lot of info, but to answer your question just follow step 1 to 3 then close the topic page.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
Dowler82

Post by Dowler82 » April 22nd, 2021, 6:35 pm

BenganJ wrote:
April 22nd, 2021, 11:25 am
@Psycho_Yuri

Have you tried Wombat's video? Or any other video if English isn't your cup of tea?
I'm sorry if I have ruined your black&white world!

@VSigda

Your pictures look damn good! Thanks for the report!

@Dowler82

Your NPI settings are should be saved in 2 ways. First by hitting Apply changes button
to the upper right, which activate the settings in the Nvidia driver. The second one is
for your self, so that you always can restore your own settings, e.g. when you update
the Nvidia driver and you do that by Exporting profile to disk.

EDIT: Sorry, about the NPI AA settings, my bad! You have the 4xMSAA setting greyed
out, that mislead me, but why is it greyed out? Did you select the present profile
in the beginning and edited it or did you create a totally new profile for the game?
There's something odd lying around here!
@BenganJ I selected ETS2 profile, and 4xMSAA was already greyed out and set that way. I thought that as it was that way by default I didn't need to select it.
When I get home from work I will re-do all the steps at start of thread, and select 4xMSAA to not have it greyed out. Not sure if it will make a difference?
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » April 22nd, 2021, 6:47 pm

@Dowler82

No, it will probably not make any difference, it's just that I can't remember seeing it greyed out before.
Have you made the other changes I pointed out? With the multimon configuration?
Dowler82

Post by Dowler82 » April 22nd, 2021, 6:52 pm

BenganJ wrote:
April 22nd, 2021, 6:47 pm
@Dowler82

No, it will probably not make any difference, it's just that I can't remember seeing it greyed out before.
Have you made the other changes I pointed out? With the multimon configuration

@BenganJ, I will do. I can confirm that I have got the correct multimon config downloaded, but I will delete it and start fresh, as you mention, no point in trying to find the problems, just start from beginning.
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » April 22nd, 2021, 6:57 pm

@Dowler82

Okay, I'll wait patiently here then for a result!