[DX11] Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI)

Make your game even better
Arayas
Site Admin

Re: [DX11] Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI)

Post by Arayas » March 23rd, 2021, 6:59 pm

i think is about the quality of the reflection (texture size)
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » March 23rd, 2021, 7:00 pm

Yes, that's what I think too, so it will NOT have any impact on AA!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
Digital X
PPM

Post by Digital X » March 23rd, 2021, 9:39 pm

Regarding the reflection scaling, I did a little investigating. Here are the differences, and no, reflection scaling doesn't effect AA. As far as I can tell.

uset g_reflection_scale "-2"
https://i.imgur.com/pY5gQ2b.jpg

Reflection 50% Scaling
https://i.imgur.com/PJgUU4G.jpg

Reflection 100% Scaling
https://i.imgur.com/FzXiP3b.jpg

Reflection 200% Scaling
https://i.imgur.com/Sv7QWLP.jpg
PC: 5600X/16GB Crucial Ballistix 3600Mhz/Gigabyte RTX 3080
tantalus

Post by tantalus » March 23rd, 2021, 10:17 pm

yiannis wrote:
March 23rd, 2021, 4:02 pm
I think the new lighting system is nice. It takes away the yellow-ness the game had for years.
I am seeing a new option called "reflection scaling". Should this be on 100% too for the NPI AA to work?
Because you were used to it. The old lightning system wasnt bad. At all. But in the moment people see new things (SCS knows this) they get excited and everything is amazing.
When it isnt. NOBODY asked for a new lightning system, ever. Instead, smart players have been asking for a proper AA and multi-core support.
THOSE are the most important things SCS needed to adress in the game engine that they always ignored. This game without NPI is COMPLETELY UNPLAYABLE and im amazed
that some people can endure that much shimmering that completely ruins landscape views. Why the heck do you want a new lightning system, if you cant even appreciate
the landscapes while you are driving? it makes no sense.

But as long as people keep buying dlcs one after another, SCS will keep doing what hes been doing all along to improve the game, basically, nothing.
The only thing they did, because they needed to... was to implement DX11. Thats it. Since then, not a single good addition or improvement.
Just dust over dust.
Windows 10 xxxx.xxx whatever is the last version... lol.
Ryzen 5 2600x
Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660 Ti Gaming 6Gb
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming 450B
16Gb Corsair RAM
Gaming on a 1TB M2 SDD Seagate.
tantalus

Post by tantalus » March 23rd, 2021, 10:20 pm

BenganJ wrote:
March 23rd, 2021, 6:55 pm
Really? That's fun then, might set it to 1000% and see! The valid values from within the game
is 50%, 100% and 200%. What you can do in config.cfg is another matter!
I didnt play on 1.40 yet, but i assume that it has to do with the reflection fresnel. 0% material no reflectante, 100% mirror...i dont think it has anything to do with the texture, at all. Unless the old reflection quality option dissapeared in 1.40? And no it shouldnt affect AA at all. Only lights could have any impact on the AA.
Windows 10 xxxx.xxx whatever is the last version... lol.
Ryzen 5 2600x
Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660 Ti Gaming 6Gb
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming 450B
16Gb Corsair RAM
Gaming on a 1TB M2 SDD Seagate.
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » March 23rd, 2021, 10:48 pm

tantalus wrote:
March 23rd, 2021, 10:17 pm
Since then, not a single good addition or improvement.
Just dust over dust.
you can open side windows.. :boast:
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » March 24th, 2021, 12:23 am

@JHTrucker

Now that ATS 1.40 final has been released, what do you think about the new console
menus that pops up when activating the console? Quite a few interesting choices in
those menus, aren't there?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
yiannis

Post by yiannis » March 24th, 2021, 9:18 am

tantalus wrote:
March 23rd, 2021, 10:17 pm
Because you were used to it. The old lightning system wasnt bad. At all. But in the moment people see new things (SCS knows this) they get excited and everything is amazing.
When it isnt. NOBODY asked for a new lightning system, ever. Instead, smart players have been asking for a proper AA and multi-core support.
THOSE are the most important things SCS needed to adress in the game engine that they always ignored. This game without NPI is COMPLETELY UNPLAYABLE and im amazed
that some people can endure that much shimmering that completely ruins landscape views. Why the heck do you want a new lightning system, if you cant even appreciate
the landscapes while you are driving? it makes no sense.

But as long as people keep buying dlcs one after another, SCS will keep doing what hes been doing all along to improve the game, basically, nothing.
The only thing they did, because they needed to... was to implement DX11. Thats it. Since then, not a single good addition or improvement.
Just dust over dust.
Indeed proper AA and multi-core are more important, I agree. But the new lighting system plus the other additions of 1.40 are free, so I will gladly have them. Yes without NPI the game is unplayable, but we have NPI so all is good. I like this style of game, i like the open road driving and since there is no other such game available I can deal with those issues. But I totally agree with with you that the game needs improvements on certain aspects, but there is nothing I can do, so I just enjoy it the way it is..
RunnyPilot

Post by RunnyPilot » March 24th, 2021, 10:06 pm

I gotta say, I'm pretty pissed with the new update. It looks so good imo, but it's so damn laggy when around traffic with lights on. Like, BADLY.

And it's either disable the AA, disable V-Sync or just stop playing. I really wish they could optimize this damn game already.

I don't expect miracles with my GTX 1060 though, but it CAN handle DOOM Eternal on Ultra settings. GTA V on Very High settings with 2x MSAA, Mirror's Edge Catalyst on Extreme settings and that game doesn't lag much at all. In fact, just goes a bit under 60.

ATS and ETS2 go below 30 FPS for me when driving in toll booths and lots of traffic with lights on. I'm so damn tired of it.

And I absolutely HATE 30FPS. If Motion-Blur was a thing, I wouldn't hate it so much. And if you're wondering, the AA settings I use for both is 4x MSAA and 4x GridSS, as recommended. 2x MSAA still looks bad imo.
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » March 24th, 2021, 10:10 pm

@RunnyPilot

Welcome! I want to start with asking you to post your game log!