Using the Map Editor

whatever

Re: Using the Map Editor

Post by whatever » February 5th, 2021, 9:09 pm

After you posted that, I read through that 1.40 discussion thread there and saw all the images of tunnels etc....Honestly, I am not really sure, if I want to develop for that version in the current state.

Also, in the map editor, I realized the asset type "Sound" is no longer selectable. Which is a shame since that enhanced the immersion massively, if used correctly. Dunno if that is intentional, or if it is another bug, that I haven't read of anywhere yet.
Tebz

Post by Tebz » February 10th, 2021, 5:23 am

How to save map in ets2 map editor because when i trying to save i created map it will flash an error like auto compunding:finalizing and it will automatically close..how to solve this problem sir?
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » February 10th, 2021, 10:11 am

just like in tutorial
and why do you expect to tell you "how to solve it"? We are wizards? Atleast attach an editor.log
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
Tebz

Post by Tebz » February 13th, 2021, 2:01 pm

Hi i am having trouble using my new update ets2 1.39 when i am going to make a map and saving it..it wont save it will flash auto compounding: finalizing and then it goes to Euro Truck Simulator: Steam error what should sir
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » February 13th, 2021, 2:03 pm

@Tebz

Are you using the structure /base_map/map in Steam path? Have you edited the new editor_data.sii?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » February 21st, 2021, 2:54 pm

================ Folks! ================

Apart from the change SCS has done to where the map is saved in 1.40, user_map in the mod folder instead
of in base_map in Steam game root folder, they have also removed one line in the editor_data.sii file, this one.

Code: Select all

free_camera_uplift: 8.5
If not removed the Editor will crash.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cummins1962

Post by Cummins1962 » March 1st, 2021, 12:44 am

I have what I hope is a relatively simple question. After watching all of the tutorials, I tried my had at a very simple edit (removed a gate on a sector of the ATS map), saved the sector to my own map and went through the rest of the steps to create this new editable map. I added it to my "mod" folder in the correct directory and started up ATS. Went into the mod manager and my mod was listed with no issues. So I added it into the list. However, when I went into the game and drove to that location, my edit (removal of the gate on the road) was not there (gate was still in place). So my question(s) is/are 1) when I make an edit to a sector of the base map do I then have to do something special to remove that sector out of the original base map so it will use my edited version? and 2) how do I remove that sector from the base map and where do I have to save the base map to so it all works? TIA
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » March 1st, 2021, 1:23 am

@Cummins1962

For us to be able to help, post which version of ATS you're running the Editor in and also,
post your editor.log.txt file here.
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » March 1st, 2021, 2:33 am

Cummins1962 wrote:
March 1st, 2021, 12:44 am
I have what I hope is a relatively simple question. After watching all of the tutorials, I tried my had at a very simple edit (removed a gate on a sector of the ATS map), saved the sector to my own map and went through the rest of the steps to create this new editable map. I added it to my "mod" folder in the correct directory and started up ATS. Went into the mod manager and my mod was listed with no issues. So I added it into the list. However, when I went into the game and drove to that location, my edit (removal of the gate on the road) was not there (gate was still in place). So my question(s) is/are 1) when I make an edit to a sector of the base map do I then have to do something special to remove that sector out of the original base map so it will use my edited version? and 2) how do I remove that sector from the base map and where do I have to save the base map to so it all works? TIA
No matter what name you use editing the map ( i don't recomend working with -edit usa or -edit europe) the final mod should contain your sector(s) in the corect path: mymod.scs/map/usa folder. The reason you cannot see your edits is because:
1.you imported an unsaved sector
2. your path is wrong and the game doesnt see your sector.

@Bengan, a game log has nothing in it to help here, if he has mymod.scs you don't see in game log what's in it.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » March 1st, 2021, 2:45 am

@Arayas

I said EDITOR.LOG.TXT, NOT the game log!
I wanted to see ATS version and some other stuff when using the editor.

EDIT: My assumption was that the error was made in the editor environment,
that's why I wanted the editor.log.txt.