Using the Map Editor

BenganJ

Re: Using the Map Editor

Post by BenganJ » February 3rd, 2021, 9:42 pm

@whatever

Have you unpacked the SCS 1.40 files and checked if they have once again changed the definitions
in that editor_data.sii?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » February 3rd, 2021, 11:01 pm

============= Folks! =============
==== How about this, does it work like that in 1.40? ====
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » February 3rd, 2021, 11:08 pm

damn, second change in few months about saving a map. I did episode one, than episode zero, now we will need episode -1.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » February 3rd, 2021, 11:09 pm

YEP, this is so enormously bad, every damn mapper will have to change routines!
whatever

Post by whatever » February 3rd, 2021, 11:52 pm

While said folder has been created in the mod folder and the map has been saved there when I started the editor earlier, I am unable to start the editor with the "-edit" command directly from the game when bringing up the console in the profile selection screen.
Using "edit" will give you a reply that you shall use "-edit" which will then in turn trigger the prompt to tell you this was an unknown command.

EDIT:
this seems to work: In you shortcut, that used to launch the editor with the command line option "-edit <mymapname> -forcemods ..." you can now just omit everything that follows the "-edit" command. The editor will then load an empty map. Use the "load map" field in the top left and select your map mbd file and load it. At least that fixes the "rdiculous rotation speed" issue I had reported earlier.
Last edited by whatever on February 4th, 2021, 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » February 4th, 2021, 12:04 am

@whatever

In the latest versions we have started the Editor through a shortcut, ever since SCS
separated the editor from the game itself, so that's no news.
whatever

Post by whatever » February 4th, 2021, 12:33 am

Ninja'ed myself here, by waiting half an hour... see edit above
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » February 4th, 2021, 12:37 am

Sorry, I was too fast then! 😂😂😂
whatever

Post by whatever » February 4th, 2021, 5:02 pm

Just another heads-up: Just could start the editor the old fashioned way with the command line options "-edit <mymapname>" and it loaded just fine, and rotational speed was ok. So no idea, if the rotational speed is some weird bug that happens on first start or if it happens just occasionally.

As far as I can tell having had a look at the textures, they seem to be fine so far, however, I am not yet content with the environmental lighting - plain noon daylight makes things look a bit "washed" out decreasing the texture contrast to a greyish flair, while evening light just enhances the contrast. Not an expert on the climate files, but I guess they need to be fiddled around with...
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » February 4th, 2021, 5:17 pm

So they changed the change changed before to the old way who was changed later and now changed back?
I have read on SCS forum most of the topic about this shit and what is to say....
You gotta love SCS and their management! No AA or SSAO, or MMA, MMAO, FFSO and so on....but we have new clouds and trucks with no flares.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro