[DX11] Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI)

Make your game even better
BenganJ

Re: [DX11] Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI)

Post by BenganJ » July 25th, 2020, 5:38 pm

@Paty

Sorry mate, you haven't read the steps correctly and haven't the correct setting for
that reason! SCALING IN GAME MUST BE SET TO 100%, otherwise you will NOT get any
antialiasing at all and is the reason why in air cables are interrupted as you say!
Read thoroughly through Step 1 - 3 again and make ALL the settings there exactly
as specified!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
Paty
PPM

Post by Paty » July 25th, 2020, 7:02 pm

yessss
thanks a lot
WORKS PERFECTLY

best quality than with any mod ... THANKS AGAIN
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » July 25th, 2020, 7:07 pm

@Paty

You're so welcome! Glad it worked in the end for you! ENJOY!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
dave2528

Post by dave2528 » July 25th, 2020, 11:53 pm

So, I tried to use nVidia profile Inspector to makes some tweaks and followed the directions here and instead I ended up with a situation where the skybox in my left and right monitors (I'm using a 3 monitor setup) has been replaced with what looks like the image being generated in the center screen.

It's kinda confusing to make out in this screen shot but here it is:

If you look in the upper right and left corners you'll see that instead of the sky being generated its the image from the center screen (notice the top of the trailer and garage). The foreground image is correct it's just the skybox.

HALP!!
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » July 26th, 2020, 12:01 am

@dave2528

Welcome! Yes, that looks a bit odd, not to say VERY odd! A valid question. Did you install the multimon_config.sii file
for a triple monitor setup? If the answer is yes, can you please post your latest game log?
dave2528

Post by dave2528 » July 26th, 2020, 12:24 am

BenganJ wrote:
July 26th, 2020, 12:01 am
@dave2528

Welcome! Yes, that looks a bit odd, not to say VERY odd! A valid question. Did you install the multimon_config.sii file
for a triple monitor setup? If the answer is yes, can you please post your latest game log?
Yes, I installed the multimon_config for a triple monitor setup. I followed the directions exactly.

I'm running quite a few mods so my log is split up. Everything was working 100% prior to changing just what was on this thread.

Log part 1:

Log part 2:

I have uninstalled (completely to include regedit) and reinstalled the graphics drivers with no luck. However, If I start a new profile the issue goes away but, then again, so does my profile.
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » July 26th, 2020, 12:48 am

@dave2528

As far as I can see, the config.cfg is correctly configured. Apart from the fact that, according to my opinion,
you have a very messy load order in that profile. We usually advice people to have map mods at the bottom,
trucks and trailer and AI mods above that and sound and graphic mods even further up. AND, I have quite
clearly specified that the UI BG mods should be at the very top of the Mod Manager for the profile. ONLY
mods that modify map_data.sii values should be above the BG. But I doubt anything of those things are
causing your problem.

Question. Have you modified the multimon_config.sii file that you DL'ed from the first post and installed?
Our multimonitor expert JHTrucker have to look at this, so let's wait for his opinion.

EDIT: BTW, it is better if you ZIP your game log and attach it or use pastebin.com or similar service and place the link here.
dave2528

Post by dave2528 » July 26th, 2020, 12:57 am

BenganJ wrote:
July 26th, 2020, 12:48 am
@dave2528

As far as I can see, the config.cfg is correctly configured. Apart from the fact that, according to my opinion,
you have a very messy load order in that profile. We usually advice people to have map mods at the bottom,
trucks and trailer and AI mods above that and sound and graphic mods even further up. AND, I have quite
clearly specified that the UI BG mods should be at the very top of the Mod Manager for the profile. ONLY
mods that modify map_data.sii values should be above the BG. But I doubt anything of those things are
causing your problem.

Question. Have you modified the multimon_config.sii file that you DL'ed from the first post and installed?
Our multimonitor expert JHTrucker have to look at this, so let's wait for his opinion.
I wasn't aware that trucks should be above maps. I'll fix the load order and wait to see what JH has to say.

Thank you!
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » July 26th, 2020, 12:59 am

@dave2528

Yes, do that and I'm as curious as you what the problem is!

EDIT: You didn't answer the question about whether you had
modified the multimon_config.sii file you DL'ed from the first
post and installed.
hecatonchires
PPM

Post by hecatonchires » July 26th, 2020, 1:12 am

@benganj, thanks for the tips. ETS2 looks way better now than using reshade. For once I have steady 60 fps but in ATS, it varies and it doesn't look as good as ETS2. Can these tips be applied to other games for example, Cities Skyline?
The Set-Up :boast: