Scale and ruler in map editor

Xoryx
Modder

Scale and ruler in map editor

Post by Xoryx » June 21st, 2020, 1:20 pm

In what scale does ruler in map editor work?
MaghrebMap Libya Dev
Stefan E.

Re: Scale and ruler in map editor

Post by Stefan E. » July 4th, 2020, 8:21 am

The ruller scale is 1:1. To convert to the scale of the map you need to multiply.
For example, if the scale of the map is 1:19, you must multiply the value of the ruller by 19, to get the correct measurement, to scale.
tungtk0021

Post by tungtk0021 » October 7th, 2020, 11:16 am

Stefan E. wrote:
July 4th, 2020, 8:21 am
The ruller scale is 1:1. To convert to the scale of the map you need to multiply.
For example, if the scale of the map is 1:19, you must multiply the value of the ruller by 19, to get the correct measurement, to scale.
can you help me to be more specific For example, I have a map with the size of 1640 square kilometers, my photo file is 8192 x 8192. I have tried setting the parameters as follows
+ editor_data.sii
map_import_offset: (-98400, 0, -98400)
bcg_size_x []: 196800
bcg_size_y []: 196800
bcg_offset_x []: 0
bcg_offset_y []: 0
+ in material\ui\map
map.dds and ( map0.dds map1.dds map2.dds map3.dds : is slice into 4 parts from the map.dds )

I put a starting position at a fixed point, but when I entered the game press M to see the world map, it had the wrong coordinates.
My map is not displayed enough, about 10% missing from the border compared to the photo in editor
Thank you for your help !
Stefan E.

Post by Stefan E. » October 7th, 2020, 11:41 am

I do not know this.. All I know is that the ruler tool in the Map Editor is 1:1 scale .. Related to the background, I do not know, try to contact Arayas or Bengan, from what I've seen, I think they know about it
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » October 7th, 2020, 12:36 pm

@tungtk0021

Obviously the background, depending on which area it covers, can be positioned correctly
by using these 4 parameters.

Code: Select all

where bcg_size_x and bcg_size_y is approximately the covering size in reality of the image used, divided by the scale of the map made.
The two bcg_offset_x and bcg_offset_y is to position the background at its proper location in the same way. The middle of the image
is positioned at an offset measured from the SCS ORIGIN point to the point you want your background located divided by the scale.
I've made a lot of Map Editor backgrounds and registered them to be positioned at the proper location. BUT, there's one more important
thing to consider, the background image you want to use MUST be in the correct map projection, which is specified by SCS to be
Lambert Conic Conformal one. This is especially important the further away from the map ORIGIN you are positioned! Which area
are you trying to cover?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
tungtk0021

Post by tungtk0021 » October 8th, 2020, 10:33 am

BenganJ wrote:
October 7th, 2020, 12:36 pm
@tungtk0021

Obviously the background, depending on which area it covers, can be positioned correctly
by using these 4 parameters.

where bcg_size_x and bcg_size_y is approximately the covering size in reality of the image used, divided by the scale of the map made.
The two bcg_offset_x and bcg_offset_y is to position the background at its proper location in the same way. The middle of the image
is positioned at an offset measured from the SCS ORIGIN point to the point you want your background located divided by the scale.
I've made a lot of Map Editor backgrounds and registered them to be positioned at the proper location. BUT, there's one more important
thing to consider, the background image you want to use MUST be in the correct map projection, which is specified by SCS to be
Lambert Conic Conformal one. This is especially important the further away from the map ORIGIN you are positioned! Which area
are you trying to cover?
Hi BenganJ !
i was finded a post in here : viewtopic.php?f=9&t=20
=====> Satellite background for Project Vietnam map by Phạm Thạch as standalone map.
and i am ussing your backgound file and have setting as :

editor_data.sii
		map_import_offset: (-34230, 0, -39476)
		bcg_size_x[]: 68460
		bcg_size_y[]: 78952
		bcg_offset_x[]: 0
		bcg_offset_y[]: 0
	ui_map_register_config
		ui_map_center:	(0, 0)	
		ui_map_size:	(1300, 1500)	
it works well .
Now I have a question: now how can I increase the zoom ratio, because the length of my map on the editor I use the distance measuring tool will display only 78952m.
in reality I need 1500088m.
if i change bcg_size_y[]: 78952 to 1500088 , all wrong position with world map in game ( press M) .
Thanks you !
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » October 8th, 2020, 12:11 pm

@tungtk0021

That '=====> Satellite background for Project Vietnam map by Phạm Thạch as standalone map.' is meant to ONLY be used as a
background to that Vietnam map. It will NOT work in the Editor. Please, if you tell me instead what you actually are trying to
do, I could help you in a MUCH better way. What is it you are going to map, Vietnam? In what scale? As an addon or standalone
map? I can even make you a proper Map Editor background, ready to use, if you just try to be a bit more specific! If you don't
want to tell the whole world your plans, you can always tell me in a Private Message, PM!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
tungtk0021

Post by tungtk0021 » October 9th, 2020, 5:08 am

BenganJ wrote:
October 8th, 2020, 12:11 pm
@tungtk0021

That '=====> Satellite background for Project Vietnam map by Phạm Thạch as standalone map.' is meant to ONLY be used as a
background to that Vietnam map. It will NOT work in the Editor. Please, if you tell me instead what you actually are trying to
do, I could help you in a MUCH better way. What is it you are going to map, Vietnam? In what scale? As an addon or standalone
map? I can even make you a proper Map Editor background, ready to use, if you just try to be a bit more specific! If you don't
want to tell the whole world your plans, you can always tell me in a Private Message, PM!
Thanks for your enthusiasm. you can answer me here also, because there may also be many people who are having the same question as me.
I plan to research to create a new VIETNAM private map, activated as a mod. I also plan to make a small map for learners to take their driver's license test. But in the trigger and trajectory documentation I haven't found a way to use it yet.
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » October 9th, 2020, 11:55 am

@tungtk0021

Okay, let me sum up what you say. You plan to create a Vietnam standalone map ("VIETNAM private map"), and
you plan to make a small map to use as a Simulator for use, when people are taking driver's license tests. As you
didn't answer all the questions I put in my previous post, I will repeat them again and may add some more.

1. Why can't you use the private map in both situations? Why 2 maps?
2. Please, in what scale are you planning to map Vietnam, it's VERY important to know when making a Map Editor
background!
3. Is your private map going to be used as a standalone map or as an addon map?

As I said earlier, that Vietnam background I made is to be used ONLY with Phạm Thạch's first release of his Project
Vietnam map. So, if you also make one map of Vietnam I might have to create BOTH a Background for the Editor
AND the game, if it's going to be standalone. Please, answer ALL the questions!