World Background Maps

BenganJ

Re: World Background Maps

Post by BenganJ » June 13th, 2020, 12:00 pm

@3rik

As far as I see it, sure SCS set the standard, IN THE DEFINITION FILES! In the game UI BG
or even, as I showed here now, in the Editor BG, they are only correct when it comes to
their so far produced areas! Hat off though for you, digging into this world, which isn't
easy and pretty technical, to verify for yourself. Well done mate!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
3rik
PPM

Post by 3rik » June 13th, 2020, 1:16 pm

BenganJ wrote:
June 13th, 2020, 12:00 pm
@3rik

As far as I see it, sure SCS set the standard, IN THE DEFINITION FILES! In the game UI BG
or even, as I showed here now, in the Editor BG, they are only correct when it comes to
their so far produced areas! Hat off though for you, digging into this world, which isn't
easy and pretty technical, to verify for yourself. Well done mate!
haha thanks, and sorry again for being stupid, i genuinely believed that SCS couldn't have made the mistake here.
i also think that it would make the most sense to keep using the parameters until (if) scs says something. i will talk with Mandelsoft a bit and explain it to him, then he and platypus can decide for themselves which of the two SCS standards they want to follow. i hope scs just respond and tell me what their plan is but theres nothing so far :(
:dash1:
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » June 13th, 2020, 1:40 pm

@3rik

Well, that's what surprised me the most, the fact that Mandelsoft, once working with SCS,
didn't even know about which map projection to use and where to get the parameters for
it. Which was my initial question on the Promods forum, long before they released the ME
relocation.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » June 13th, 2020, 2:16 pm

Well, other things were more important than projection...Funny thing how Promods extended pretty fast towards Bulgaria and Turkey after Baltic DLC :cool:
Like they were already know where the next DLC will be positioned....i'm sure it was just a coincidence :sarcastic_hand:
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
3rik
PPM

Post by 3rik » June 13th, 2020, 7:10 pm

@BenganJ
I created this for myself first, but i think i should share it, maybe someone will want it haha. Its basically your mod, but the background image itself is in the SCS style with very thin lines. Your SCS style map has lines that are quite thick so i tried to make one that looks a bit more similar to the default one. The map itself follows the same projection as yours.
Other than the image itself, it is identical to your mod so i have ofourse put you in the credits.
To share it, i could either make a new seperate thread or if you want you could add it to this post, its up to you, i dont mind personally :)
Heres what it looks like:
Let me know if i can share a download link, thanks :smile3:
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » June 13th, 2020, 7:25 pm

@3rik

Are on Wombat's Live Stream right now and also making dinner! Could you please
share it with me first and I'll have a look at it later after the stream?
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » June 13th, 2020, 10:59 pm

===== First post updated with an alternative Thin Border Line SCS style BG by 3rik aka erikdaderp. =====
3rik
PPM

Post by 3rik » June 13th, 2020, 11:10 pm

:dance2:
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » June 13th, 2020, 11:11 pm

Thanks mate! :good3:
punk
PPM

Post by punk » June 14th, 2020, 1:10 pm

I'm reading this thread day after day and getting smarter:)
If I use Promods version BG map the Brazil (EAA) looks good. I understand that it is about UK scale. But in regular map 1.3 and 1.4 everything (not mention here ME, Italy or something else) is good except the EAA which slides. So I'm using Promods 1.0 to avoid this sliding which is more confuse than Middle east in the sea.

My PC: MSI MAG Z590 Tomahawk, Core i7-10700K, G.Skill RipJaws 64GB, Samsung EVO 1TB SSD, GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB, Logitech G920

My Combo topic: https://roextended.ro/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1640