Motherboard: Gigabyte B760 DS3H AX
Memory: Corsair DDR5-6000 32 GB
Storage: Samsung 990 M2 SSD + 2 Samsung 870 SSD
Graphics: Asus GeForce Dual RTX 3060 V2 12GB GDDR6
BenganJ

Re: World Background Maps

Post by BenganJ » June 2nd, 2020, 1:21 am

@MG Mike

Nope mate, Promods have to learn to correct their MAP DATA, not cover up their dislocated stuff in the BG.
And I will definitely NOT cover up for them! PERIOD! Sorry, but those who can't take it with my BGs, they
always have the "cheated" BG from the Promods team.

EDIT: I am fully aware of the fact that Promods has some very old parts, which were created even before SCS
changed the map projection, but it's small damn changes they have to do, apart from Iceland, but that isn't
very complicated either. Look what 09_KZ did to The Greate Step, what the SRMap team did to their pretty
big map, and look at Arayas and the whole transformation he has done with the original YKS team's Turkey!
And how many people do the Promods team have to engage in some smaller corrections?

@Tapir

Thanks mate, I really appreciate your words! :yes3:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » June 2nd, 2020, 2:25 am

================ Folks, Promods has opened up the BGs discussion topic again. ================

Link to the latest posts here: https://www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?p=295572#p295572

If you're interested in the subject go there and read!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SETrucker

Post by SETrucker » June 2nd, 2020, 2:27 am

BenganJ wrote:
June 2nd, 2020, 2:25 am
================ Folks, Promods has opened up the BGs discussion topic again. ================

Link to the latest posts here: https://www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?p=295572#p295572

If you're interested in the subject go there and read!
Don't they tolerate criticism? By closing and then opening again? ..
YouTube channel for Euro Truck Simulator 2:
Follow my different missions on my channel https://youtube.com/channel/UC0ASSqpFaNfS9vBYW4nqhrQ
New 2 video every dag!!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor 3.4-4.9 GHz
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » June 2nd, 2020, 2:32 am

@Gutte72

At least they want to discuss right now!
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » June 2nd, 2020, 3:03 am

I've tried to read it but i have to choose car and boats to enter the forum. Well....i'm lazy. :mail1:
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » June 2nd, 2020, 3:09 am

@Arayas

I said the ones who are interested. You ought to know me by now, I'm that stupid old guy
that values knowledge a lot and if I don't know enough about one thing, I start researching.
Let me do that, let me be stupid. You are more interested in other things and are doing
them DAMN good! This IS a technical kind of subject, I know that, but I have earlier worked
with this kind of data in Oracle Spatial databases with the maps of the Gothenburg region.

I forgot, senile you know! :dash3: :dash1: :dash2:
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » June 2nd, 2020, 3:27 am

I've managed to read the topic. As an outside guy who doesnt know much about this technical details, and from where the discution is going i see things more simple: They want to avoid at any costs any damage repair.
What Southern Region did, Great Steppe and others, it's a no-no for them becuase they have stuff to do, places to visit and people to see.
They dont have time for this because: "people want more developement, and the sky is blue and is hard, you know, for over a year we work on merging stuff".

[OFF TOPIC:Yes, because instead of liniar concentrated developement you have decided to go all over Europe, and now you pay the price. This is why Spain is what it is in Promods, and now the Iberia DLC is coming.]

I am good at reading people, trust me, and the simple conclusion i can pull out of this is just one: They flooded the problem in technical aspects to AVOID any fix. They are fine, the fans are happy, and again, they have stuff to do, places to visit and people to see.

They locked the topic because in their smoke curtain they didnt expected to actualy meet someone who REALY know the drill. Now, the topic is open again because people were start laughing and their fake smoke is starting to fade.

But be sure, they are NOT gonna do what idiots like me, Southern Region and Great Steppe and....and.......did. They are gonna keep the silence until we shut up. And Middle East is gonna stay there with fishes forever.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » June 2nd, 2020, 3:33 am

@Arayas

Probably so true mate, but as I'm stupid and love to discuss things I know about, just let
me do what I do. I have no expectations of anything, but I get to discuss the facts I know.
paokkerkir
PPM

Post by paokkerkir » June 2nd, 2020, 4:05 am

The discussion at promods forum at least is being more costructive at the moment.

The problem seems to be exactly that; Promods is continuing the Mercator projection from SCS in areas where distortion start to appear with this projection, and Bengan's BGs are using Lambert projection which is more accurate in areas not covered by SCS. I do not see light in the end of the tunnel with this, we will have to live with misplaced Middle East for a while.