[DX11] Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI)

Make your game even better
BenganJ

Re: [DX11] Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI)

Post by BenganJ » May 6th, 2020, 3:11 pm

@clear F1

Mirror quality on Medium?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
JHTrucker
Expert

Post by JHTrucker » May 6th, 2020, 3:17 pm

@alonzam99 - Try my new Single.AA V4 Offset file. viewtopic.php?p=19970#p19970
Also, you now have 4 mirrors on screen rather than 2 you had with just one monitor.
Each of those "high quality" mirrors have a view distance of 400 each.
Try, at least, with mirrors on low distance and low quality just to see if fps increase a lot.
Then increase them 1 level at a time.

NPI or NCP - set Texture filtering - Quality -----> 'Performance or high performance'
multimon_config.sii files: viewtopic.php?p=17658#p17658
controls.sii edits: viewtopic.php?p=24744#p24744
TrackIR Driving Enhancements: viewtopic.php?p=46613#p46613
Extra Cameras: viewtopic.php?p=46034#p46034
clear F1
VIP

Post by clear F1 » May 6th, 2020, 3:29 pm

BenganJ wrote:
May 6th, 2020, 3:11 pm
@clear F1

Mirror quality on Medium?
Not changed from Medium.
AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
ASRock X670E Taichi Carrara
DOMINATOR TITANIUM DDR5-7200 32GB
PNY RTX4070Ti 12GB VERTO LED WE
WD m.2 KIOXIA m.2
alonzam99

Post by alonzam99 » May 6th, 2020, 6:45 pm

JHTrucker wrote:
May 6th, 2020, 3:17 pm
@alonzam99 - Try my new Single.AA V4 Offset file. viewtopic.php?p=19970#p19970
Also, you now have 4 mirrors on screen rather than 2 you had with just one monitor.
Each of those "high quality" mirrors have a view distance of 400 each.
Try, at least, with mirrors on low distance and low quality just to see if fps increase a lot.
Then increase them 1 level at a time.

NPI or NCP - set Texture filtering - Quality -----> 'Performance or high performance'
I tried now your new dual monitor file and it's really work better(still 28-30 and not 50-60 but at least playable).
But I think the right side (what the right monitor show) is a little bit streched too much, can you fix it ?
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » May 6th, 2020, 7:01 pm

@alonzam99

Well, then it might be time to change r_vsync in config.cfg from "0" to "2".
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
JHTrucker
Expert

Post by JHTrucker » May 7th, 2020, 1:25 am

alonzam99
I tried now your new dual monitor file and it's really work better(still 28-30 and not 50-60 but at least playable).
But I think the right side (what the right monitor show) is a little bit streched too much, can you fix it ?
@alonzam99 - I can't fix the stretched image. Like i stated in the post "As with all single images, the wider they are the more stretched they become."
Even 1920x1080 is stretched towards the edges when compared to 1280x1024.
The fix is multiple images, 1 per monitor but that kills fps.
I play on 3 1280x1024 monitors as 1 image 3840x1024 and it has always (past 7 years) looked like the top picture from that post, with driving position on the centre monitor, no right mirror on screen to increase fps, that's what trackir is for. You get used to the stretched image or you buy better hardware. I choose keep old hardware.

You wanted to increase fps on dual setup but without lowering resolution.
I gave you a good few things to test but you seem unwilling to do that. Time to get real, you can't expect increased fps without compromising some settings or you keep them and go back to 1 monitor. Problem is, you have now used 2 monitors and you like it better...

Note: If you were to buy an ultra wide single monitor then you'd have no choice but to have a stretch image. You could use triple setup on it but the side views would bend away from you as if you were driving an exploded truck.
My offset file was for people who don't want all that spare space at the left of the screen whilst not being able to see the right mirror with such a wide screen (or dual monitors). If i ever use 2 monitors i'd use this new file as i hate how much wasted space (beyond right door/back of cab) is shown on dual setups.

Also, you said you tried the "NO AA" file, but did you try all 3 options in it?

Hope you're going to read all this... just an extra thought, as you don't use our AA (yet hang around here!) why not try running the game in opengl mode instead of DX11. Choose in steam which to run.
multimon_config.sii files: viewtopic.php?p=17658#p17658
controls.sii edits: viewtopic.php?p=24744#p24744
TrackIR Driving Enhancements: viewtopic.php?p=46613#p46613
Extra Cameras: viewtopic.php?p=46034#p46034
alonzam99

Post by alonzam99 » May 7th, 2020, 1:13 pm

JHTrucker wrote:
May 7th, 2020, 1:25 am
alonzam99
@alonzam99 - I can't fix the stretched image. Like i stated in the post "As with all single images, the wider they are the more stretched they become."
Even 1920x1080 is stretched towards the edges when compared to 1280x1024.
The fix is multiple images, 1 per monitor but that kills fps.
I play on 3 1280x1024 monitors as 1 image 3840x1024 and it has always (past 7 years) looked like the top picture from that post, with driving position on the centre monitor, no right mirror on screen to increase fps, that's what trackir is for. You get used to the stretched image or you buy better hardware. I choose keep old hardware.

You wanted to increase fps on dual setup but without lowering resolution.
I gave you a good few things to test but you seem unwilling to do that. Time to get real, you can't expect increased fps without compromising some settings or you keep them and go back to 1 monitor. Problem is, you have now used 2 monitors and you like it better...

Note: If you were to buy an ultra wide single monitor then you'd have no choice but to have a stretch image. You could use triple setup on it but the side views would bend away from you as if you were driving an exploded truck.
My offset file was for people who don't want all that spare space at the left of the screen whilst not being able to see the right mirror with such a wide screen (or dual monitors). If i ever use 2 monitors i'd use this new file as i hate how much wasted space (beyond right door/back of cab) is shown on dual setups.

Also, you said you tried the "NO AA" file, but did you try all 3 options in it?

Hope you're going to read all this... just an extra thought, as you don't use our AA (yet hang around here!) why not try running the game in opengl mode instead of DX11. Choose in steam which to run.
I use now the last file you posted (single image)and I think I'll get used to it, and also BenganJ tip(to play with the vSync) is also helped and improved my fps. I changed the vsync on the game settings from off to enabled and now I get
higher fps with medium high settings and highest resolution. still have a drops sometimes but it is better than before.
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » May 7th, 2020, 1:16 pm

@alonzam99

I think you will get even better result if you set the in game V-Sync to Economic
or edit the config.cfg setting r_vsync to "2", which is the same!
alonzam99

Post by alonzam99 » May 7th, 2020, 1:36 pm

JHTrucker, also can you make the right screen view a little bit more zoomed out ?I think it's too much zoomed in to the right mirrors..
miamibass

Post by miamibass » May 7th, 2020, 6:42 pm

Hi guys,

Firstly thank you for the awesome work and guidance you have provided. I have set everything up as instructed and the game looks beautiful except I am getting some thin white strip effects in foliage/trees and a similar thin white outline on some road barriers. Any advice on how to remove this? I am using 1440p 144hz monitor and latest NVidia drivers if this helps.

Thanks again