Roextended 4.3 [1.51 only]

Home of Roextended Map
Arayas
Site Admin

Re: ROEXTENDED 2.1 Premium [1.34.xx] - 08.03.2019

Post by Arayas » March 9th, 2019, 8:26 pm

The basic description of Roextended 2.1 tells you that the map includes all the files for FLD making Legacy CF obsolete and not needed. So the russian maps are taking all needed files from Roex.
I had Drive Safely Sound Pack when i tested the map and thats the reason i didnt notice the flaw. I think the fixed def will resolve your problem. Sorry.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
Qrusher14242
PPM

Post by Qrusher14242 » March 9th, 2019, 8:48 pm

Arayas wrote:
March 9th, 2019, 8:26 pm
The basic description of Roextended 2.1 tells you that the map includes all the files for FLD making Legacy CF obsolete and not needed. So the russian maps are taking all needed files from Roex.
I had Drive Safely Sound Pack when i tested the map and thats the reason i didnt notice the flaw. I think the fixed def will resolve your problem. Sorry.
Ah ok i must of misread that. I'll take it out. I added in the Sound fixes pack and the original def loads fine now!
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » March 9th, 2019, 9:18 pm

Yes, by a mistery Sound Fixes Pack fix the editor files for ...sound creating the problem :D It's like you take a pill for a migren and the next day the car is not broken anymore. Fun stuff! :D
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » March 10th, 2019, 1:46 pm

Arayas, in your recommended load order for a TSM based profile, you place
North Map and AfroMap BELOW the YKSRSK model 1 and 2! Why? Am I totally
wrong when I say that North Map should be placed ABOVE the main map, in
this case TSM, as I suspect the connecting sector from North Map ought to
overwrite the TSM sector?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
edsor

Post by edsor » March 10th, 2019, 2:33 pm

Thanks for your map Arayas, you are the only one who does not disappoint us. The map is magnificent as always, I have only found a problem (and I ask you please do not take it as a critique, it is something that really worries me, otherwise I would not say). This is the optimization of the new cities. When I drive on the map I never have less than 60-59 fps (with the only exception of some Romanian cities, which I believe are the first ones to be made). However, with the exception of Bila Tserkva where the 60 fps are maintained, in the other three new cities there are zones of 44-45 fps and in other areas down to 38-39. Kyiv is a large city, well detailed and occupies a lot of space, but this also occurs in the other two cities, which are smaller and occupy less (instead, I call the attention that does not happen in Bila Tserkva). I don't know if it's possible to optimize those areas a little more. Greetings. Edsor.
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » March 10th, 2019, 2:51 pm

Bengan, Yks models can be wherever because they are not important as location. I have said on the bottom just because people are used to place all files from a map in the same place. It's more like a message than a necesity.

Edsor, you are 100% right. Kiev it's too big and open both size of the water, nothing more to optimize there. The new cities are also filled with details unlike older cities. I try to balance quality versus performance the best i could, in some cases performance looses the battle. Bengan also informed about this.
Some redendering option can be further changed so the ratio of those two to be more balanced.
The annoying thing for me is you dont get to see some of the details (people on street, parked cars and trucks...) because the game is randomly make those visible. But the impact on performance is still there. Cernihiv for example have a tone of groups of people on the sidewalk. When i first drove there i have seen them, when i was driving back, the streets were empty. So, yes, point taken.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » March 10th, 2019, 3:02 pm

Thanx for the clarification Arayas! Just so I know why!
What about my opinion on North Map placement?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » March 10th, 2019, 3:12 pm

Sorry, Bengan, I have seen Zaregon choosing this placement. And i dont think TSM has anything modified in that area so Zaregon is connected to vanilla.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » March 10th, 2019, 3:23 pm

Okay, but then that means that TSM doesn't even have a sector in North Map's region
at all, because if, then it would overwrite North Map. To be honest, I don't think that
TSM Team has touched the connection sector at all. Does that also mean that the game
will load that sector from SCS vanilla, then from North Map, but NOT from TSM Map?
Sounds to me really odd behavior, but what the heck, why be logical, when one can
stir things up a bit? :lol: :lol: :lol:

EDIT: I got it sorted out in the end, I'm old you know! :lol: TSM does NOT contain any
sector present in North Map, so whenever North Map is loaded, it will overwrite the
SCS vanilla sectors! Case closed, thanx for opening my eyes once again Arayas! :D
Muradu
PPM

Post by Muradu » March 11th, 2019, 12:05 am

hi everyone. I encountered hidden wall while I was driving via ST.petersburg. ( approximately 50 km left to Petersburg. ) Is there anyone who had encountered such wall?