[DX11] Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI)

Make your game even better
tantalus

Re: [DX11] Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI)

Post by tantalus » April 30th, 2020, 10:52 pm

Hi, im trying to give this a go, again, because i dont want to stop playing ATS (but the extreme shimmering is about to make that happen). But the configuration posted in the first page is not working for me. I dont get AA at all. But two months ago, using other compatibility bits it worked (but i discarded it because of the problems about rain in the cabin and other issues). Why there are no other compatibility bits mentioned in the first page? every system is different and the compatibility bits are there for a reason. Limiting the configuration to just one single value will make many configurations to not work on many systems. I tried the compatibility bits posted in the first post and 0x8000F72. No avail.

In any case, as i said its not working for me, followed all the steps, but the AA isnt there. The last time i tried, i needed to try with three or four compatibility bits before the AA actually worked. Im pretty sure thats the problem... :?
Windows 10 xxxx.xxx whatever is the last version... lol.
Ryzen 5 2600x
Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660 Ti Gaming 6Gb
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming 450B
16Gb Corsair RAM
Gaming on a 1TB M2 SDD Seagate.
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » April 30th, 2020, 11:16 pm

@tantalus

The 0x8000A7F pattern has worked for everyone, so far! Just do exactly what Step 1 - 3 tell you to do, then test if that work.
If it does, go on with the rest!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
tantalus

Post by tantalus » April 30th, 2020, 11:45 pm

OH MY GODNESS. Im dumb. I was writting the compatibility bits in the DX9 area!!! force of habit i guess. Now yup, it works!!

Althou i had to download older nvidia drivers cuz i dont want to lose the sharpen filter. May i assume that the problems about the rain and so on are no longer there with the multimonitor "trick"? so far the game looks amazing. There is so much difference between playing this way and playing the default graphics... jeezus. I dont know how people can do it. I was about to give up, my eyes couldnt take any more shimmering and pixel crawling. There is still a little shimmering there but nowhere near the amount before aplying npi. And the AA is near perfect.

Thanks for this, really, now i can keep playing ATS and ETS2 without worrying my eyes going crazy. I think the key was the multimonitor thing cuz my issue was to have rain in the cabin and losing the mirrors.. i hope that is fixed!.
Ryzen 5 2600x
16Gb Corsair RAM
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » April 30th, 2020, 11:52 pm

@tantalus

Damn mate, you REALLY make me glad today! Nice to hear you got it running OK and SURE, there's a difference, a BIG one!
All those problems with rain in cabin graphic anomalies and such is totally gone. So, just enjoy mate!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wakashi

Post by Wakashi » May 1st, 2020, 12:44 am

BenganJ wrote:
April 30th, 2020, 11:55 am
@Wakashi

A couple more things about Image sharpening. Before Nvidia driver 445.75 one could also set the exact settings in NPI
but the Nvidia removed those from NCP and hence they disappeared from NPI in v2.3.0.12 (info in first post). If you have
Geforce Experience installed, then you can activate game overlay there and in game the use Nvidia Freestyle to mess
a lot with ReShade like filters, including Image sharpening ones. You are correct in saying that one should make the
settings in NCP, or NPI, ONLY for those two games, NOT in the Global section. Nice to hear you too got it all up and
running on a satisfying level! ENJOY!
Wow, just freakin' Wow! after a bit of experimenting with everything on page 1 and combining the Nvidia Freestyle shaders (Brighten/Contrast & Details) + monitor resolution I am now ready to do some serious trucking again, this sim hasn't looked this good since I can't remember when, (might even be up to your video standards.) I can't Thank You and your crew for all of this tremendous effort to help the community. I can also enjoy TruckersMP again, first time in a long while! All I can hope for now is a cure for the mirror AA and I will be in hog heaven! Wish I had found your post long before now!

Thanks so much,
Wakashi
Regards! Roger
Windows 10/64
i7 5820
RTX 2080 Super
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » May 1st, 2020, 12:49 am

@Wakashi

Thank you so much my friend! So glad to hear you say that. I've used this myself for quite some time now,
so I REALLY know the difference between this and standard SCS solution. What is your problem with mirror
AA? Haven't you set it to medium, scale 1.0, to get proper AA in them too?
Wakashi

Post by Wakashi » May 1st, 2020, 12:54 am

BenganJ wrote:
May 1st, 2020, 12:49 am
@Wakashi

Thank you so much my friend! So glad to hear you say that. I've used this myself for quite some time now,
so I REALLY know the difference between this and standard SCS solution. What is your problem with mirror
Guess I missed that part of the conversation, am going there now and give it a try! Will let you know!
Regards! Roger
Windows 10/64
i7 5820
RTX 2080 Super
Wakashi

Post by Wakashi » May 1st, 2020, 1:34 am

Wakashi wrote:
May 1st, 2020, 12:54 am
BenganJ wrote:
May 1st, 2020, 12:49 am
@Wakashi

Guess I missed that part of the conversation, am going there now and give it a try! Will let you know!
Well, well, well! Now that is nice! Glad you passed that info on to me, consider me in hog heaven! :D
Regards! Roger
Windows 10/64
i7 5820
RTX 2080 Super
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » May 1st, 2020, 1:41 am

@Wakashi

Roger, Roger! I'm trying to be fun here! Scale 1.0 (100%) in the mirrors too makes it pretty much clearer!
Now, go and enjoy the game again, I do! :D
tantalus

Post by tantalus » May 1st, 2020, 3:17 am

Hm, i have a problem. I guess its because of the monitor file, my screen is slighty displaced to the left when playing the game. How do i fix it? i tried to change some values in the monitof file but they doesnt seem to do anything at all.
Ryzen 5 2600x
16Gb Corsair RAM