Coronavirus (aka The Biomechanical Soccer Ball from Wuhan)

Go crazy here
FunTrucker_18
PPM

Coronavirus (aka The Biomechanical Soccer Ball from Wuhan)

Post by FunTrucker_18 » March 19th, 2020, 2:14 am

Yeah, it's on now. According to the rainbow-press we will all fucking die. We all know that this is a lie, as the lethal rate of the virus is less than 2% according to the WHO.

But I wanna ask you: What are the policies your vicinity or government runs to slow down spreading of this strange little biomechanical soccer ball?

Our "state" has decided to close down most of the shops. Exceptions are: supermarkets, tobacco shops, shops for animal food. Social welfare and administration institutions are also closed. Paperwork is still accepted but they won't let you in. My work is currently postponed for a month. Our city also recommends to stay at home to slow down spreading and to secure risky people like old persons. Parks are also closed. Unfortunately not everyone follows these recommendations, especially the most endangered people: The old ones. Yeah, you heard it right. The people who have the highest risk to be fucked by this virus are the ones who ignore any warning. Some of them even get a big Ego. An old man told me: "You young people have to stay at home so we can go out" - pretty stupid but most German retirees think like that. Tbh I have no remorse if they die. They should have taken the warnings for real. Anyway. I stay mostly at home and I only get out when I need to buy stuff or need some fresh air. Then I take a walk around the block or go out to my parents living nearby. They also stay mostly at home.
Sometimes I need to get into the guerrilla mode to avoid police. They won't arrest me but they would ask unnecessary questions. I don't panic like the older people do. I don't lose my humor. But I hate on people panic buying toilet paper like it's the only medicine. A total stupid behavior imo. Toilet paper won't save your life but being calm and cautious and being yourself will do. Young people can help old neighbors by doing their shopping trips, some give even a great tip for it. money won't also save your life but it's a way to thank somebody. Minimize your social contacts, grab a beer and lean back. Put on a game, good music or a movie and anything will be okay after a while. Humanity survived so many diseases and catastrophes and we will survive this, too.

Btw. If you have these paper surgery masks, give them to your local hospital, they won't save you from getting the virus. They only save people around you if you already are infected. If you need a mask, get a FFP3 class filter mask, it's the only effective type of mask.

What are you opinions and feelings about our little soccer ball from Wuhan? How do you feel? Trying to stay calm or did you already built a fortress out of shithole paper? What does your local/Federal government do to stop spreading of the soccer ball? How do you deal with it?

sbym5333
PPM

Re: Coronavirus (aka The Biomechanical Soccer Ball from Wuhan)

Post by sbym5333 » March 19th, 2020, 1:09 pm

Over 8,000 people are infected in our country, and the number of infectee is skyrocketing now. Darn Coronavirus!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Because of it, I have to put a mask on my face when I need to go somewhere. Normally, we are now living like isolated-life. :( :(
One of Korean Translators for TerraMaps
Dogbert
VIP

Post by Dogbert » March 21st, 2020, 5:01 pm

Good post FunTrucker_18, i am 66 yrs of age so old enough to remember the 1968 - 1970 Hong Kong flu pandemic here in the UK.

That killed 1 - 4 million people around the world. It is also killed young people as well as old, so we are not dealing with that here.

I have been advised by the UK gov as have others of my age to limit social contact and stay in most of the time.

I have anxiety and other mental health problems, so i am used to doing that anyway.

Just have to be sensible and do not panic. The panic buying in the shops here is absolutely crazy.

The Hong Kong flu arrived in the UK in autumn 1968 and came back in 1969 and 1970.

Nobody paniced here then as far as i remember. But a different generation with experience of the war.

Mike.
Cymru Am Byth
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » March 21st, 2020, 7:48 pm

In Romania the message is mixed. They sound like the virus is some flu with agressive behaviour , no biggy, but we all can see they are desperate.
We are in a bad position here because all goverment measures are for the people working in state administration, the private sectors workers are forced to work.
Like everywhere some dead-wood-idiot celebrities are talking to the people to stay in isolation, but regular people have a hard time living in normal situation with their romanian 300euro/month jobs, how to stay isolated now?
If you need an official paper for something, if you can get it online, good. If not, bad luck. Administration workers are home doing "telework" while the rest of us are forced to work as usual.
Companies and politicians are popping on TV all the time to advertise for themself while we are buying medical masks and handgloves from black market.
They lie on TV about infected numbers (300+), but this month 1 milion people returned from northern Italy to Romania loosing their jobs there. Most of them undetected, via Greece-Bulgaria or Serbia to avoid quarantine.
So, Romania is not in UE, we dont have any resemblance of a european life style. Romania is still a part of the comunist block with same behaviour like Putin and China.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » March 21st, 2020, 7:56 pm

Well, to summarize it all! POLITICIANS are all alike all over the world! PERIOD!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
FunTrucker_18
PPM

Post by FunTrucker_18 » March 21st, 2020, 10:43 pm

Especially our German politicians are hypocrites. It's a fact that many old people ignore the warnings but the politicians only blame the youth. Even in crisis times they mostly care about the next election. Our ruling party, the CDU has a voter base of 60+ years old people. Of course they don't wanna piss them off.

@Dogbert I wish more elder persons would act like you, you know, listening to warnings and stuff

@Arayas Same thing here. Many people still go to work. Especially people in low pay jobs.

Clahoz
PPM

Post by Clahoz » March 22nd, 2020, 9:29 pm

Driver colleague, here in Brazil, we are practically stopped.
Some states and cities have enacted quarantine for the elderly.
Closing some trade sectors and closing borders, both internally and with other countries.
I fit into the group of elderly people. I am 74 years old. Thank goodness still very healthy.
But I realize that both Federal, State and Municipal Government are having difficulties in conducting policies to confront Covid-19.
So far we have 18 deaths confirmed by the virus. And more than 1000 cases confirmed with the contagion.
Brazil suffered a great deal (mainly) in the north and northeast with yellow fever and malaria.
Why I say this: partly because studies and laboratory tests are emerging that medicines that fight these diseases are also effective in fighting Coranavirus gives us hope for the immediate.
The world is sure to win this battle. I hope, however, that the economy will have the strength to endure until then.
I wish you all to overcome this moment and trust in the future.
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » March 28th, 2020, 11:33 pm

The Old Lady Europe is shaking badly. This is a bad position to be in, if you keep your people at home you kill your economy (already badly wounded).
Keeping the jobs going on the other side its the way to place many people in the same place and the virus has the playground to keep going.
Of course, people are keeping the distance but in my opinion this is going to go from bad to disaster and the world is not going to win this battle until we dont have a pill or a vaccin for it.
Afterwards we are going to struggle with a great economy crysis who is going to be more agressive than the virus itself.

As fun stuff, the banks are not going to give a shit about people who are in a difficult position, they need their bonuses as usual. In Romania they have maked a big concesion placing some credits on a 9 months break but the interest is keep going, so after those 9 months you will be amazed how much money you have to pay.
I just hope this people who decide things in this area (same people who brought us the 2009 crysis) will catch the virus and they will not be here 9 months later.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » March 28th, 2020, 11:40 pm

When the hell did a bank help anyone lately???? NEVER!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
Tapir
VIP

Post by Tapir » March 29th, 2020, 2:41 am

Prime Minister Boris Johnson and Health Minister Matthew Hancock contracted the coronavirus and developed “mild symptoms” of the disease. Johnson wants to isolate himself in Downing Street, but to conduct the "fight" against the new plague online from there.

System: Windows 11 PRO
Processor: Intel i7-12700KF 5GHZ
Motherboard: Gigabyte B760 DS3H AX
Memory: Corsair DDR5-6000 32 GB
Storage: Samsung 990 M2 SSD + 2 Samsung 870 SSD
Graphics: Asus GeForce Dual RTX 3060 V2 12GB GDDR6