[DX9] Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI) [CLOSED]

Make your game even better
JohnH
PPM

Re: Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector

Post by JohnH » February 13th, 2019, 1:57 am

Bengan I can not thank you enough for your time and patience good night sleep well catch up soon
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » February 13th, 2019, 1:05 pm

@JohnH

Good Morning John!
Well, in a way, it's a pain in the ass for a guy like me, to grow old, getting a hell
lot more time to fill, which is no problem at all. Being the curious type and one
that is feeling good when giving support to others, I could actually do with even
more time to fill. :D I know, a bit selfdestructive behavior, but I like it!

To summarize our session so far i would just add a couple of hints, not sure if
you are aware of'em, but hopefully you already know them.

1. EXPORT your present settings in NPI, so that you always can restore them when
needed, which you will every time you reinstall or upgrade your Nvidia Graphics
Driver.

2. If you, for any reason, want to go back to a world without NPI ( :evil: :roll: ) you
can simply do that by reinstalling or upgrading that driver. It will erase all the settings
to default Nvidia settings! If you ever do, remember to reset the in game Scaling value
and tick MLAA again.

Maybe I can get some time here and complete the first post instructions, which I've
already started, so that more people can do this on their own. Because the resulting
quality of the graphics is great, I think!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
JohnH
PPM

Post by JohnH » February 13th, 2019, 5:13 pm

hello there Bengan
I longed in earlier but was dragged away by my wife who is bending my ear to wash the caravan for upcoming holiday so I am banned fro the game today also I have a nail in a tyre on the damned car so s I am off to the garage for repair I don't what is worse nail or wife catch up later
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » February 13th, 2019, 5:20 pm

@JohnH

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha, luckily I don't have to deal that much with priorities
any more, but I can imagine how hard it is for you now! See ya later mate! :lol: :lol: :lol:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
JohnH
PPM

Post by JohnH » February 13th, 2019, 9:43 pm

Hi Bengan
So chores done I have been given some free time so I had another look at the graphics they are good just a bit of shimmering on metal fences and lamp posts are there any last tweaks you can think of to clear it up, also I have been thinking to maybe let my 4k monitor go as I cant run it at 3840x2160 anyway unless I change my graphics card, a couple of months ago I did up it from 30Hz to 60Hz changed resolution ect. & desktop res. + in game res. but game still only ran at 30hz so only 30fps anyway its just a thouht to go back to a 1080p monitor what do you think.
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » February 13th, 2019, 10:05 pm

John, unlike me you have a larger display (monitor), but with the same resolution,
which means that your pixels are bigger than mine. That is not the only thing because
I think you sit a bit further away from your monitor than I am, which means that this
acts the other way in this case. BUT, it might be that you will have that feeling of
antialiasing is not fully done. Another thing is that fences with rectangular pattern is VERY
hard to antialias. You can never get a perfect antialiasing with the pixel based graphics
system like what we've got. From what I saw in your video you had a pretty descent
graphics quality! May I ask you what distance from the monitor you sit?

I have 2 more things we can do to up the system a bit graphically, but I think now,
that you should drive around some time with what you have right now, so can we
see when you're back from the vacation what we can do more! OK? No reason to
rush at this moment, I think!
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » February 13th, 2019, 10:20 pm

Mind you John, I saw your video, recorded in 1080p60 on a monitor which
is in the same resolution as your monitor and the video, but only 24 inches.
Same as I watch my own videos and quality wise the videos are pretty much
the same. The fact that you have a larger display and maybe are not sitting
correspondingly further away, will make a difference for you!
JohnH
PPM

Post by JohnH » February 13th, 2019, 10:21 pm

Thank you so I have actually just measured from my eyes to screen is 85 centimetres
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » February 13th, 2019, 10:29 pm

Jesus, that's pretty much the same as the distance I have to my 24 inch monitor!
That is too close according to my rules! Actually the golden rule for TV displays
is that you should sit 10-12 times the height of the display distance from it to get
a good picture. For a computer monitor you can sit closer to monitor, but I should
say that you sit too close! Try sit at a distance of lets say 100 cm. Does that feel
corny? I'm going to do some math later with these figures and report!
JohnH
PPM

Post by JohnH » February 13th, 2019, 10:45 pm

Oh my God I am just going to confirm in public what an idiot I really am. I have just pushed my seat back another 50 centimetres and changed the spectacles that I use for reading for my distance spectacles the difference is amazing, man ! your graphics settings are good.