PPM

Re: World Background Maps

Post by dOOmERdaZe » December 19th, 2019, 2:08 pm

Your Welcome .... ! Happy Hollidaze
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » December 19th, 2019, 2:15 pm

@MG Mike

Yes I will, they are all too thin now, but that will happen when I update all my
BG's with the new map_data.sii concept. Today only two of'em has it, the PLAIN
UNIVERSAL
and the new EAA STANDALONE, thanks to dOOmERdaZe! :D It will
probably happen during the upcoming holidays! :D
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
MG Mike
PPM

Post by MG Mike » December 19th, 2019, 2:17 pm

Ok.. It was only a request. No hurry.. Now Christmas is coming and time with family is also important!

So happy Christmas for all of you!!
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » December 19th, 2019, 2:23 pm

Happy to you too Mike! But think of it, lighting a candle, breath in the sent of
a Christmas tree and just slowly deal with gorgeous BG mods, updating them
all to the new map_data.sii concept! :lol: :lol: :lol:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » December 22nd, 2019, 7:22 pm

==== Folks, there's a fixed satellite background mod for the EAA standalone map ready for you! ======
====== The change is only a fix for the artefacts generated due to SCS scaling of the UK area. =======
================================= So re-download please! ==================================
=========== There is also a new Delete EU mod to get, that also deletes Black Sea DLC. ============
================================== Get them in first post!! =================================
MG Mike
PPM

Post by MG Mike » December 22nd, 2019, 7:30 pm

Super.. Many thanks for this!
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » December 25th, 2019, 4:45 pm

=====> Alternate BG map for ATS v1.6 by dOOmERdaZe has been updated.
tantalus

Post by tantalus » December 25th, 2019, 4:51 pm

Thanks, maps look really good. But i was wondering, can the map be scaled or streched in some way (through def files for example) so it will fit all the mods available perfectly? i just dont like to see cities on the water.... :lol:

Right now maps are pretty good, but as i said, some mods still are out of bounds in many places. I love Iceland and i drive through there a lot. If i change the map position to fit iceland perfectly everything else gets messed up. If i change the km scale of the map to "stretch" it, so i can fit others besides iceland, again , everything is messed up.... is there any "trick"?
Windows 10 xxxx.xxx whatever is the last version... lol.
Ryzen 5 2600x
Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660 Ti Gaming 6Gb
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming 450B
16Gb Corsair RAM
Gaming on a 1TB M2 SDD Seagate.
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » December 25th, 2019, 4:57 pm

@tantalus

Oh man, due to mappers not registering their maps properly, not always even possible,
you will NEVER be able to locate EVERY point on the map in it's correct position. Just
learn to live with what you have!
tantalus

Post by tantalus » December 26th, 2019, 4:44 pm

Yeah, thats what i thought, that is up to map modders to place the cities in the map correctly. I know that its a really hard work to do that, thats why i was asking for a better "solution" through the background mod itself.

I dont mind some slighty discrepancies, but when there is not only a couple of cities but an entire zone of 500km that is placed completely off.... well, that looks really bad. The only places that look apparently perfect are the ones located around the center of the map. In the moment you start going up to iceland or even down to Spain, or to the right to the balkans or russia... things start to mess up. Thats why i was asking if we could , i dunno, like picking the map image with photoshop (gimp in my case) and make the sides streched or something like that, but without actually touching the image. Through def files. Sorry im just a perfeccionist i cant help myself. :lol: :?
Windows 10 xxxx.xxx whatever is the last version... lol.
Ryzen 5 2600x
Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660 Ti Gaming 6Gb
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming 450B
16Gb Corsair RAM
Gaming on a 1TB M2 SDD Seagate.