[DX9] Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI) [CLOSED]

Make your game even better
BenganJ

[DX9] Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI) [CLOSED]

Post by BenganJ » January 31st, 2019, 1:38 pm

************************************************************************************************
* Due to the fact that SCS now has dropped DX9 support in both ETS2 and ATS *
******************************* this topic has been closed. *******************************
************************************************************************************************

Look here for information regarding NPI used in DX11: viewtopic.php?p=13049#p13049

!! Folks, this topic is only for those that have a Nvidia based graphics card !!

Nvidia Profile Inspector is an application that know a lot of the inner parts of the Nvidia graphics driver,
or rather. the guy who created it, Orbmu2k, does. The application has a lot of parameters that can be dealt
with, but I recommend that you follow the Wombat video which is linked to below! The changes you make
will change the behavior of the graphics card, so please be careful!

Link to latest version of Nvidia Profile Inspector: https://github.com/Orbmu2k/nvidiaProfil ... ag/2.3.0.2
Present version: 2.3.0.2

Thanks to Wombat Trucker you can use this video to get going, so enjoy!

These are the settings used in Wombat's video and are considered base settings.
In fact these settings is what I myself am using and many with me. If for some
reason these settings don't work for you, start by testing the different values for
'Antialiasing compatibility' you'll find in note [1]. If that doesn't work either, then
please post at the end of this topic.

--------------------------------------------------
In Game settings, both for ATS and ETS2:
--------------------------------------------------

'Scaling' ..................................................... '100%' //This must be set to 100% for the whole scheme to work!

'MLAA' ....................................................... 'Off' //The in-built MLAA is useless and is the reason for this scheme.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nvidia Profile Inspector (Different profiles but same settings for ATS and ETS2):
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Antialiasing compatibility' .............................. '0x404012C1' //This is a bit-pattern usable for this game (ETS2/ATS). [1]

'Antialiasing - Mode' ...................................... 'Override any application setting' //This is so that the game will have nothing to do with AA.

'Antialiasing - Setting' .................................... '4x [4x Multisampling]' //This is the level of MSAA, must correspond to the following SGSSAA level. [2]

'Antialiasing - Transparency Supersampling' .......... '4x Sparse Grid Supersampling' //The SGSSAA level. [2]

'Toggle FXAA on or off' ................................... 'Off' //No FXAA, thank you!

'Anisotropisk filtering mode' ............................ 'User-defined / Off' //This following two settings should be the ones used, not the games.

'Anisotropisk filtering setting' .......................... '16x' //Level of filtering. [3]

'Texture filtering - Quality' ............................. 'High quality' //Quality of filtering.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The following settings you can try when the base settings work properly.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Frame Rate Limiter' ..................................... '40 FPS' //This parameter can be used to make it easier for the GPU. [4]

'Frame Rate Limiter Mode' .............................. 'Default' //Setting version of limiter for above.

'Maximum pre-rendered frames' ....................... '6' //A sort of smoothing function. Values recommended, 1-6.

'Vertical Sync' ............................................. 'Fast Sync' //If you can't use genuine VSync.

'Vertical Sync Tear Control' ............................. 'Standard' //Mode to handle tear control.

'Antialiasing - Gamma correction' ..................... 'On' //Introduces gamma correction for MSAA.

'Antialiasing - Line gamma' ............................. 'Enabled' //Same as above, but especially for thin lines, e.g. electric power lines in air.

'Texture filtering - LOD Bias (DX)' ...................... '-1.000' //This together with the following parameter will render text on distant signs earlier. [5]

'Texture filtering . Negative LOD bias' ................ 'Allow' //Makes the above function enabled.

'Ambient Occlusion setting' ............................ 'Quality' //The quality of ambient light generated shadows.

'Ambient Occlusion usage' ............................. 'Enabled' //Enabling the previous function.

'Enable Ansel' ............................................ '0x00000000 ANSEL_ENABLE_OFF' //Disabling the loading of the Nvidia Ansel functions, if not used.

'Memory Allocation Policy' ............................. '0x00000001 WKS_MEMORY_ALLOCATION_POLICY_MODERATE_PRE_ALLOCATION' //See note [7]
NOTE: If you change the parameter 'Memory Allocation Policy', then after doing the usual 'Apply changes' in NPI, you have to reboot your computer for it to bite!!!! Also, if you're using Win7 Aero theme, this may reset it to the Basic one!!!! Reported by tbar at the SCS forum! Thanx!

'SILK Smoothness' ....................................... '0x00000003' //Reduces micro-stuttering due to high workload on CPU and/or GPU. [6]

NOTES:

[1a] There are several bit patterns you can try: '0x084012C1', '0x004012C1', '0x000012C1', '0x000010C1', '0x000010C5'.
[1b] If you use the '0x084012C1' bit pattern, you also have to set parameter r_texture_detail in your config.cfg file to "-1",
[1c] otherwise you will loose text on signs! According to Max at SCS that setting is unsupported and can cause other problems.
[2] The value 4x for both MSAA and SGSSAA are the most common, but 2x and 8x are also usable, the higher the more demanding.
[3] Values 2x, 4x, 8x, 12x, 16x is applicable, higher value better filtering.
[4] This is a way to ease it for the GPU. I recommend to use some way to measure the frame rate and then set this value to slightly less than a mean rate.
[5] The value -1.0000 is to be used for 4x AA, -0.5000 for 2x AA and -1.5000 for 8x AA.
[6] This parameter can have values '0x00000000'=OFF, '0x00000001'=LOW, '0x00000002'=MEDIUM, '0x00000003'=HIGH, '0x00000004'=ULTRA.
[7] These are the different possible settings for this parameter:
  • As Needed (default) - Resources for workstation features are allocated as needed resulting in the minimum amount of resource consumption. Feature activation or deactivation often causes mode-sets. 0x00000000 WKS_MEMORY_ALLOCATION_POLICY_AS_NEEDED
  • Moderate pre-allocation - Resources for the first workstation feature activated are statically allocated at system boot and persist thereafter. This will use more GPU and system memory, but will prevent mode-sets when activating or deactivating a single feature. Invocation of additional workstation features will still cause mode-sets. 0x00000001 WKS_MEMORY_ALLOCATION_POLICY_MODERATE_PRE_ALLOCATION
  • Aggressive pre-allocation - Resources for all workstation features are statically allocated at system boot and persist thereafter. This will use the most GPU and system memory, but will prevent mode-sets when activating or deactivating all workstation features. 0x00000002 WKS_MEMORY_ALLOCATION_POLICY_AGGRESSIVE_PRE_ALLOCATION

ONE MORE THING: You can always reverse ANY settings done with NPI by selecting the proper profile,
'Euro Truck Simulator 2' or 'American Truck Simulator' and then click on the icon on top that says
'Restore current profile to NVIDIA defaults.'!

============================================================================
***If you need support, just post at the end of this topic.***
============================================================================
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
BenganJ

Re: Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector

Post by BenganJ » January 31st, 2019, 1:46 pm

@clear F1

First I want you to go into graphics settings in the game and set Scaling to 100%.
THAT IS A MUST! Report back here when that is done and take also a short drive
with that setting to see if it works and you get antialiasing in the game.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
clear F1
VIP

Post by clear F1 » January 31st, 2019, 2:00 pm

It is okay.
Drive after shower (bath) and report it.
Intel i9-10850K OC 5GHz
Asus PRIME Z490-A
G.Skill DDR4-3600 32GB
MSI RTX 3080 VENTUS 3X OC 10G
Samsung SSD m.2 x2
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » January 31st, 2019, 2:03 pm

@clear F1

I have to ask you, have you got a monitor with GSync support?
clear F1
VIP

Post by clear F1 » January 31st, 2019, 2:22 pm

That is the problem. I examined GSync, but I do not have such a monitor.
I just set what I saw on the net. I am a fool.
Intel i9-10850K OC 5GHz
Asus PRIME Z490-A
G.Skill DDR4-3600 32GB
Samsung SSD m.2 x2
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » January 31st, 2019, 2:25 pm

No, you're NOT a fool!!!!!!! It is OFF in the Inspector, so that is cool!
I just wanted to know! Did you take a drive after changing to Scaling 100%?
I want a report on that before going further and do some other changes!
clear F1
VIP

Post by clear F1 » January 31st, 2019, 2:27 pm

from now
Intel i9-10850K OC 5GHz
Asus PRIME Z490-A
G.Skill DDR4-3600 32GB
Samsung SSD m.2 x2
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » January 31st, 2019, 2:37 pm

@clear F1

Okay, start up Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI), choose the Euro Truck Simulator 2
profile, then change the following lines.

Antialiasing compatibility 0x404012C1
Maximum pre-rendered frames 6
Triple buffering On
Anisotropisk filtering mode User-defined / Off

After having done that click Apply changes button! Then take a long testdrive in
ETS2 to check that it all works OK! Report back!
clear F1
VIP

Post by clear F1 » January 31st, 2019, 2:48 pm

I turned off one of the GSync items and ran 100 km, but there was no problem. The scale is 100.
I will try your settings from now.
Intel i9-10850K OC 5GHz
Asus PRIME Z490-A
G.Skill DDR4-3600 32GB
Samsung SSD m.2 x2
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » January 31st, 2019, 2:51 pm

@clear F1

Okay, try to record a video when you do the testdrive and post a link to
that video here later!