FAKE Real Traffic Density and Ratio by Cip

Arayas
Site Admin

FAKE Real Traffic Density and Ratio by Cip

Post by Arayas » August 25th, 2019, 10:18 am

You all are aware about this disclaimer
disclamer.png
...and sience this lame guy used a Wombat video to further attack me, i decided to offer a technical brief about why this mod is nocive for any map not just ROEX.
I'm gonna talk about a simple scenario, like city speed limit in Ukraine, but this will be the same for outside city area also and for 85 countries attacked by this fake mod. Yes, ANY country ever used in ETS2.

Any reasonable map builder don't use speed limits signs to create a 50km/h area in the city. Why? Because a sign in ETS2 has "power" just to the next entrance/intersection. So, we use "traffic area" to hardcode a speed limit to a designated area (in my example, a city). This is how SCS works, Promods works and Roextended works. Other maps probably use this also. As counter example you have YKS, who didnt use this method and that's why you will see several 50km/h signs in one city to maintain the corect speed limit.
This is how you hardcode a speed limit in a city, in blue are the streets under the new rule.
traffic area.jpg
When the player or AI passes the sign with city name on it, the game "knows" you and the AI are driving inside city area. In this moment the game "reads" the specific country speed limit definition for cities (Ukraine=50km/h) but also the game must respect the hardcoded area (also 50km/h). No conflicts there.
But when hardcoded area asks for 50km/h and fake definitions are demanding 70km/h, that's a major conflict. In some cases the fake mod demands 180km/h :o :o :o inside cities as legal speed limit.
This is how the right definition is and how you "fake" your gameplay with this fake mod
fakes.png
The rest of the mod is filled with fake traffic rules and the dude is basicly creating a cheat mod, making you the only person in the game who goes by legal speed. All other vehicles (except trucks) are running like crazy, having no corelation with real speed limits.
Emergency cars? Yes, why not? But in fact all AI cars are emergency cars now as you see in his definitions.

A personal note: why this lame dude keeps attacking me?

1.he consider my Supertraffic beeing competition, despite the fact my mod was made for personal use and later published. In SCS forum is not updated for years (2017).
In december 2017 the game passed to 1.30 version (i think), eliminating the older file responsable for AI spawn. No traffic mod was available until i discovered the new spawn rules using traffic_rules_spawn.sui file.
I've launched Supertraffic to be the first mod to do that for 1.30. A simple clean spawn mod without game conflicts. See the original (unmaintained) topic here https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=177&t=249149
He got that file from me and he re-released his mod for that version. "Thank you, Arayas"? No.

2.i stated his "Real AI sounds" mod needs improvement (in his early stages when i was glad to give him an honest feedback). I have seen a poor cheap Renault sounds like Formula 1 accelerating machine when waiting for light change infront of a semaphore.
He raged! He attacked my work from every angle possible. So, i decided to put some distance between us because i don't like to deal with crazy persons.

3. i denied to eliminate my hardcoded speed limits and other traffic areas, making his mod conflictual and useless in cities included in ROEX.
He defends his mod like his baby, his SCS topic is always first in traffic area, i believe he wake himself at night to do that.

The good part? Well, we have this forum. He was banned from SCS forum by trolling my topic there and i decided SCS moderators did too little too late.
Funny thing he asked other users to maintain his precious topic when he was missing. :lol: :lol:

It has no common sense and now he included himself in Wombat community with the same acid tone about his lame mod. He doesnt understand people can choose a mod or not, but be fair and tell people what poison you serve them.
I don't realy care about Supertraffic, i barely maked some steps to update it. I'm sure other traffic mods are more carefuly maded and way better than mine. But atleast, me and other moders don't provide a cheat mod to people who wants reality.
Just for you to know.
Editor of Romania Extended Map
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
PerrydPelle

Re: FAKE Real Traffic Density and Ratio by Cip

Post by PerrydPelle » August 25th, 2019, 11:03 am

I have tried his mod, and well, nothing changed, maybe something but not much, and now that I read his been an absolute dick to you, I won’t be using his mod anytime soon!
Dev for Road to Asia

Road to Asia Discord Server: https://discord.gg/48JZu2d

If you want to become a dev for Road to Asia contact me
Tapir

Post by Tapir » August 25th, 2019, 11:45 am

PerrydPelle wrote:
August 25th, 2019, 11:03 am
I have tried his mod, and well, nothing changed, maybe something but not much, and now that I read his been an absolute dick to you, I won’t be using his mod anytime soon!

I DO never use anything of his traffic or sound mods. :!:
ETS2 1.35 [DX11]Promods 2.4.1+Emden 1.02C+RusMap 1.90+VolgaMap 1.0+Romania Extended 2.2+YKSRSK v.1.9 2+Bosnia Addon 1.3+SRmap 7.9.0+Gukovo 1.2+The Great Steppe 1.20+PJ Indo Map 2.65+EAA 5.1+Paris 2.4+AfroMap 2.0+Swedish Islands 1.10
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » August 25th, 2019, 11:48 am

I'm not telling people what to use or not. If this rise the MOJO of any user, let them use it. But atleast they know.
I forgot to tell you about this line from the fake mod:

max_vehicle_count: 200 # Total AI vehicle count limit (including trucks)

...so the game can spawn in the same moment 200 AI vehicles :o And your GPU will cry naked in the bathroom. This is a major FPS killer. The SCS value is 50.

When often lag situation are reported to him he has the same answer: the map you are playing on is poorely optimized! :lol:
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
ExtremorPL

Post by ExtremorPL » August 25th, 2019, 11:49 am

Good to know about those conflict with Traffic area tool and definitions, I'll be aware of it in the future with my mod.

Btw. Thank you for learning me Traffic tool a bit Image
Currently working on Road to Asia Map, somewhere in Turkmenistan. :D Our Discord server: https://discord.gg/48JZu2d
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » August 25th, 2019, 11:56 am

It has sooooooo many aplications, you can see that in properties in scroll down menu.
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
CAPLV

Post by CAPLV » August 25th, 2019, 12:21 pm

so much noise.. for what? :))

i like spawn ratio.. i dont care about speed limits.. btw.. all that information is available at mods thread.. so everybody can choose.. use or not.

ofc.. rude communication isnt an option..
// ETS2 v.1.35 [DX11]+Promods 2.41+Roextended 2.2(P)+RSK Turkey 1.8+RusMap 1.9.0+Southern Region 7.9+TGS 1.2+[Paris RB 2.4.+Swed.islands 1.10 (PM)+Road to Aral 1.0b] //
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » August 25th, 2019, 12:29 pm

No problem CAPLV, if your mojo is high...have fun :D
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
markypark14

Post by markypark14 » August 25th, 2019, 9:08 pm

Interesting read Arayas - I didn't realise that he built upon your mod without any recognition - that's not right.

I have to admit I do use his traffic density mods for both ETS2 and ATS. They were the first I found when searching and I haven't had any issue with them - until v1.35. He claims that there is an issue with the base game and having lots of AI traffic packs causing game crashes. Is this true or is it his mod causing this?

And for anyone not using his mod - what do you use instead?
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » August 25th, 2019, 9:15 pm

@markypark14

Have you ever tried this?

viewtopic.php?p=708#p708
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@3.60GHz
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti