SuperTraffic [1.43][1.44]

tantalus

Re: SuperTraffic 1.8 [1.35] and [1.36]

Post by tantalus » December 26th, 2019, 3:54 pm

BenganJ wrote:
December 26th, 2019, 1:28 pm
@CAPLV

Now I think you're doing your fair share of bullshit'ing. What tantalus is talking about is
the multi crap antialias SCS has implemented, making it impossible for people suffering
from epileptic seizures to play the game. But you're right in, that performance wise, it is
working damn good. I know that with the present graphic pipeline in the game, both at
top level isn't really possible. NO post-processing type of antialias method will compare
with the forced type we had in DX9. PERIOD! I've tested DSR 16x and even that won't work.
Agree. But i wasnt talking specifically about people with epileptic seizures. This is an univesal problem only known to people who played videogames before DX11 went official (or in earlier stages) or only known to people who actually care about graphic quality. Sadly this matter is not really well know to new gamers, thats why these graphic problems of videogames are almost a big unknown to new gamers that are playing in the DX11 generation. Before DX11 or in the earlier stages of it (up to 2014-2015) we didnt have shimmering, or flickering or bad shadow casting. And this applies TO EVERY SINGLE GAME, in the case of ETS it looked better than ever. With the implementation of 1.35 we lost a big chunk of graphic quality and with 1.36 things got even worst (due to the elimination of DX9 that sure, it was performing worst than DX11 but we were able to get rid of shimmering and other artifacts using nvidia inspector through DX9). You are driving at daylight through a city with many fences, buildings and reflections and the only thing you gonna see is shimmering all over the place these days. Disgusting. And unfortunately players are used to play a videogame with their eyes floating.

I mean, just come on. Today, even playing at 400% renderscale, full SMAA (that, by the way is not even better than MLAA we had before... just saying, SCS should have implemented TAA at least to get rid of shimmering like any other companies upgrading the game engine nowadays) you get worst graphic quality. When we had DX9+nvidia inspector we were playing at 100% renderscale with forced antialiasing and the game looked PERFECT. No shimmering, and PERFECT ANTIALIASING. If people cant see the difference... well.

As you say, sure DX11 increased performance but im still amazed that SCS says that the game engine is updated to DX11 when we dont even have a proper decent antialiasing system, or a multi core rendering feature, or other DX11 specific advantajes that are of course completely missing in this game. But yeah, the game is "fully updated" to DX11.. and worst part is people actually believe it... :lol:
Last edited by tantalus on December 26th, 2019, 5:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Windows 10 xxxx.xxx whatever is the last version... lol.
Ryzen 5 2600x
Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660 Ti Gaming 6Gb
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming 450B
16Gb Corsair RAM
Gaming on a 1TB M2 SDD Seagate.
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » December 26th, 2019, 4:11 pm

@tantalus

Spot on mate, I can't agree more! But there is a problem for SCS. They have to re-design
the graphics pipeline in order to be able to implement some REAL AA method, like MSAA
e.g.! We'll see in the future, but I am a bit sceptical about them doing that.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
tantalus

Post by tantalus » December 26th, 2019, 5:37 pm

No BenganJ, MSAA will do absolutely nothing these days. The only antialiasing method to get rid of shimmering these days is TAA or derivated. Anything else wont work. MSAA will of course be far better than the crappy SMAA we have now (that is just another post-process effect as bad as it was the old MLAA) but it wont do anything against the shimmering we endure in ETS2. Every single game that i can think off, that updated from dx9 to dx11 implemented TAA. Of course SCS did not... because before that, they first need to upgrade the game engine i assume (must be the reason they didnt implement TAA or tried to do something about all that shimmering..).

In any case i think we both agree that SCS needs to actually upgrade the game engine and do a proper dx11 conversion and implement an antialiasing form that its actually an antialiasing method (not a post process one) that will also remove shimmering (and there is only one that will do that TAA or derivated). Not just a fake one.
Ryzen 5 2600x
16Gb Corsair RAM
tantalus

Post by tantalus » January 9th, 2020, 3:55 pm

Btw BenganJ do you know if there is a way to change the AI behaviour when at stop signs???

Im so frikkin tired of reach an stop sign, stop and see how all the vehicles in all the lanes are stopping as well to let me in. Even if they dont have stop signs... wtf?. I mean, why i even bother to stop in first place? im so tired of the terrible AI behaviour in this game... i want a simulator not some thing i dont even know how to call it...
Ryzen 5 2600x
16Gb Corsair RAM
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » January 9th, 2020, 4:10 pm

@tantalus

Sorry mate! I have no clue when it comes to traffic stuff,
but Arayas will probably answer you later!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » January 9th, 2020, 4:13 pm

That can't be moded. I have created a conflict with SCS mods on their forum about that
https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=271885
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » January 9th, 2020, 4:21 pm

@Arayas

DAMN, that is a whole novel! :lol: :lol: :lol:
tantalus

Post by tantalus » January 9th, 2020, 4:26 pm

Didnt know about that post on the scs forum Arayas! i couldnt agree more mate. I agree with basically every single point you made there. Its a real shame we are playing a simulator where traffic is probably the most important (or the second most important) part of the game and we need to endure alien drivers. :(

I dont think i read anywhere in that post, but another stupid dumb thing the AI does is to not respect speed limits at all (come on ive seen cars that must be driving at 200km/h they look like rockets...) in cities and pass you by no matter if the road is splitted by a continous white line or not... :? and then, you are driving at 50km/h in a road where overtakes are allowed, and nobody step by... sigh. Whats wrong with people... :lol: :lol:

And now a small advise... the official scs forums are filled with condescendent and ignorant people... not all of em, of course, but many of the ones who usually visit those forums... will probably disagree with you one way or another. Others talk from ignorance thinking they are actually right (god ive seen this so many times there....). To give you an example, 75% of the people that usually post there (not going to say names for obvious reasons but they are always the same ones...) are ok with all the shimmering and graphic problems this game has in its belly, and they consider it "normal" and nothing to fix... they say thats the way videogames look. :lol: :lol: So, in my case, after seeing this, im completely hopeless.. :?

Or reading things like "Very few people complain about the AI".... really? :shock:

or.. "In my opinion using the blinkers makes a whole lot of difference in this game"... are you sure? :lol:
Last edited by tantalus on January 9th, 2020, 4:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Ryzen 5 2600x
16Gb Corsair RAM
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » January 9th, 2020, 4:36 pm

@tantalus

A GREAT remedy for all those problems and to avoid a heartattack, set g_traffic "0"! :lol: :lol: :lol:
tantalus

Post by tantalus » January 9th, 2020, 4:41 pm

:lol: :lol:

Or i remember there was a parameter to set the scale speed of the simulation (basically the overall speed of traffic), we could set that to something like 1... :D

I always use the default value of 1. If i want more cars, i just make a small mod increasing the spawn frequency of cars. If i want less trucks, the opposite with trucks, etc. Its really fast, and i dont want to use traffic density mods or thigns like that. It makes no sense to me. Those mods the only thing they do is to just increase spawn frequency spreaded in more hours, and more spawned vehicles depending if that hour is rush hour or not.. but thats about it. You can do that in a couple of minutes by yourself i you need to. Besides i already tweaked traffic for me reducing A LOT the spawning frequency of trucks (its completely unrealistic to see a truck every 5 seconds...) and increasing frequency of the other vehicles, at it should be.

But seriously, SCS needs to do something about a lot of things in this game, but specially about traffic... its a complete mess.
Ryzen 5 2600x
16Gb Corsair RAM