World Background Maps

ShirBlackspots
PPM

Re: World Background Maps

Post by ShirBlackspots » September 30th, 2020, 4:28 am

I created a new profile and now adding the map mods.
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » September 30th, 2020, 4:29 am

@ShirBlackspots

No, no, no, ONLY my Ultimate BG!

EDIT: Sorry mate, but I live in Sweden and I think you live in the US,
so I am 6 - 10 hours ahead of you. Time here now 03:55AM, so I have
to hit the sack now! Please, report about how the test went!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
ShirBlackspots
PPM

Post by ShirBlackspots » September 30th, 2020, 4:55 am

Ok, on my non-modded profile, the Ultimate BG rotates like it should. On my modded profile, it only rotates around North before you click drive. Once you click drive, then press M for map, it behaves as if its North locked.
Last edited by ShirBlackspots on September 30th, 2020, 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » September 30th, 2020, 4:57 am

@ShirBlackspots

So, there's a chance this is a matter of a mod conflict then!
I'll see if I can pin down what is causing it then!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ShirBlackspots
PPM

Post by ShirBlackspots » September 30th, 2020, 6:07 am

Ok, now I don't get it at all. I downloaded the ProMods specific map background, the one with the old way of handling the map_data.sii. On first load of the profile, it rotated around North, until I clicked "drive" then it was flat behavior.

--EDIT--
I think I found the issue. I created a new profile with the Ultimate BG and just ProMods. No more background rotating around North when ProMods is added.

--EDIT 2--
It even causes the default SCS map background to behave as if the setting is "flat" instead of "north locked" or "always north"
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » October 1st, 2020, 4:30 pm

@ShirBlackspots

That's what I suspected. The reason I think is, that Promods have that Norwegian island Svalbard
so damn near the North Pole that it impact those feature settings. The video I showed you, where
it all worked splendidly, was with SCS Vanilla as base map, but quite a big combo. Thanks for your
testing, much appreciated. As you also noted, it is hardly my problem, might be that SCS has a
bad formula computing that Always North movement, I also told you about the flipping when you
approach the North Pole.

EDIT: BTW, I wonder if it would work if Promods moved that map data for the island to it's proper
location. Now it's damn too far to the north. One of the many areas Promods has dislocated.
Hex_526f62657274
PPM

Post by Hex_526f62657274 » October 2nd, 2020, 11:35 pm

Sorry for small :offtopic:
This in real background map - now live -
My PC
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » October 2nd, 2020, 11:41 pm

@Hex_526f62657274

Almost the same perspective that I have in my BGs! :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3:

ETS2:

ATS(upcoming):
Vinnie Terranova

Post by Vinnie Terranova » October 5th, 2020, 9:03 pm

Unbelievable, this background map mods is so frustrating and confusing. Reading the first post with all color of the rainbow is not gonna make it easy... :(

I read something in purple 'Ultimate BGs' about placing it above the 'main BG mod'. When I scroll down I see in purple 'Universal BGs'. I guess I need one of those Universal BGs; I don't want a Ultimate BG, as I understood from Wombat Trucker, that the Ultimate BGs are just addons for the Universal BGs.

But here comes the problem: when I want to download one of the Universal BGs, there is this text "Use the Ultimate Satellite background mod above instead! [New Aug. 30th 2020]" and "Use the Ultimate Thin border line SCS style background mod above instead! [New Aug. 30th 2020]". But in order to use an Ultimate BG, I first have to download a Universal BG. Nut now it says that I have to download an Ultimate BG?? And that's not all, because there is no Ultimate BG from Aug. 30th...??

Congratulations, this is by far the most confusing post I've ever seen. Can somebody give me a simple explanation what BG (thin line) I have to download?
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » October 5th, 2020, 9:21 pm

@Vinnie Terranova

There's nothing confusing really! The Ultimate BGs are replacements of the Universal ones, as the difference
are mainly that the Ultimate ones covers a bigger are. Just read the coverage info. The Ultimate BGs are NOT
addons, they are on their own! For HUGE map combos, you might have to use the Crash Fix mod you will find
in every BG of the Ultimate kind! That fix is to be placed right above the BG mod! And please, read ALL info!