World Background Maps

JoeTransit

Re: World Background Maps

Post by JoeTransit » September 9th, 2020, 11:33 pm

@BenganJ

Thank you very much! I was looking for a directory like this for a while, but I couldn't find one, so I just placed it in RoExtended bugs, seeing as it was a background map on the RoEx page.
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » September 9th, 2020, 11:36 pm

@JoeTransit

Well, as you can see, all the World Map view backgrounds have it's own topic here.
If you haven't done it already, check out the first post in this topic!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
ShirBlackspots
PPM

Post by ShirBlackspots » September 10th, 2020, 3:41 am

Ok, I want to use Universal Satellite background mod v1.4, but the download link has been removed. I tried Ultimate Satellite background mod v1.0 and didn't like how its always locked flat, even if I have it North Locked or Always North
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » September 10th, 2020, 3:54 am

@ShirBlackspots

I use that Ultimate Satellite BG and Always North without any problem, working as intended!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ShirBlackspots
PPM

Post by ShirBlackspots » September 10th, 2020, 5:01 am

Does the map rotate along the north pole on your end?
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » September 10th, 2020, 11:34 am

@ShirBlackspots

In the following video, where I use the Ultimate Satellite BG and the game setting Always North,
you will see every country as if you had turned a globe of the world. Open the mod and look at
the map.dds image and you'll see that e.g. Australia is rotated 90 degrees due to the Lambert
Conic
map projection, BUT in the video Australia is seen as if on a globe. Don't you get that
map display feature of the game?

ShirBlackspots
PPM

Post by ShirBlackspots » September 12th, 2020, 12:37 am

So, it seems I found the issue. The ProMods trailer and company pack apparently was causing the issue. This has never been an issue in the past, since I've always had the trailer and company pack above all maps, and I only recently started using these map backgrounds. I moved the universal world background map to the very top and now it works correctly.

--EDIT--
Well, it worked correctly until I clicked "drive", and now it behaves as if the setting is "flat". Also, I am following your Eurasia ProMods load order. Note that the Red Sea has been updated to v1.1 and The Riga Rebuild updated to 1.25
Last edited by ShirBlackspots on September 12th, 2020, 12:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » September 12th, 2020, 12:48 am

@ShirBlackspots

Well, that I have recommended all the way! As these BGs include map_data.sii file it is a risk
that another mod will mess up the data in there, especially the map position on the BG. There
is one exception to this and that is navigation mods like Sinagrit Baba's mods and is the reason
I have split the map_data.sii into a lot of .sui files instead of one single file! You can read about
that here: viewtopic.php?p=11490#p11490
ShirBlackspots
PPM

Post by ShirBlackspots » September 12th, 2020, 12:49 am

Here's my game log if you want to see it. Evidently there's some conflicts, and Turkey isn't showing any companies it seems
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wi9g92ry7te1j ... g.txt?dl=0
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » September 12th, 2020, 12:53 am

@ShirBlackspots

The Turkey company problem I leave for Arayas or affluence to explain, but it is a fact
that it is recommended to have my BGs as high up as possible in Mod Manager! That goes
for ATS too!

EDIT: Or are you referring to the World Map view display? That the company areas are
not displayed there? They will be in the next update coming pretty soon!