[REL] GoogleMaps Nav fixes for World Background Maps

BenganJ

Re: [REL] GoogleMaps Nav fixes for World Background Maps

Post by BenganJ » May 24th, 2020, 11:41 am

@paokkerkir

NOTE, I didn't say it wouldn't work, only that it isn't the proper way to do it now!
All is now in place to use .sui method instead.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
Oliver1986
PPM

Post by Oliver1986 » May 27th, 2020, 8:20 pm

Baba answer this:
All map mods addons have been removed. New Customization Addons were released. You will now edit the customization addons for map mods yourself. Here: https://www.sinagritbabasworkshop.com/2 ... -mods.html Also Middle-East no longer uses special map_data.sii. Just use the ProMods version. You don't need to use the customization addon for Middle-East.

@Oliver1986 I think you are using a special zoom for the big map. It may also be a system that separates colors and map data. Can you send me a screenshot of the load order in the your mod manager? Then I can help you better.

-------------------------------------------------------
, but i dont check that with the map_data.sii for now. I have the Google Maps Navigator for Promods Night and then the Road Connections, Roex, Rusmap and then Promods

EDIT: ihave made this:

Additional Info: If you use a different map/zoom system that separates colors and map data (like BenganJ's Universal World View map mods) you only need my navigation colors.

Go to def/map_data.sii file of customization addon. Copy the colors:

copy the colors

Then go to def/map_data/map_color_config.sui file of Universal World View. And paste colors of customization addon. Then save it.

Finally your mod manager should look like this:

Mod Manager
Universal World View
Navigation Mod
X Map
Y Map
Z Map
T Map

AND IT WORKS, but why is my new SCS ETS2_LAMB_UNIV_EURASIA_COLOR_BG_MAP so big :D 602 MB packed , made it with 7-Zip
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » May 28th, 2020, 12:49 am

========== Folks! ==========

Sinagrit Baba has now published his Color Customization Addons for use
with my three Universal World View BGs! Enjoy!

Link to his site: https://www.sinagritbabasworkshop.com/
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grumple
PPM

Post by Grumple » June 1st, 2020, 11:07 am

Thanks Oliver, it works with your solution. The colour customization Addon killed my savegame.
Crossfire

Post by Crossfire » June 4th, 2020, 10:59 pm

hello comrades. I downloaded sinagrit baba's google maps navigation and utilized ur instructions. everything is ok but in GPS the way icon is still red. how can I do that blue as original?
System: Windows 10 Home
Processor: Intel Core i7-9750H@
Memory: 32GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce RTX 2070 Max-Q design 8GB

CROSSFIRE :paladin:[/b]
theclumsygeek
PPM

Post by theclumsygeek » June 28th, 2020, 2:07 am

For some reason the Color customization addon does not work for me. It breaks my save (i.e. Profile fails to load). The file structure of the addon makes sense, and I don't understand what could be wrong with it.

Oliver's trick above worked for me. Thanks Oliver!

One more note, when copying the colors, copy from the Customization addon, not the Color addon.
If I copy from the Color addon and paste it in Bengan's def/map_data/map_color_config.sui , the profile fails to load, too (same effect as when enabling the color mod).

This makes me think there is something "corrupted" in the Color addon file. Maybe a hidden character in the text that the game doesn't like? No clue. I'm referring to the Google Night version btw. Haven't tried any other variant.
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » June 28th, 2020, 2:10 am

@theclumsygeek

Okay then, but can you give me a link to the specific addon you downloaded and try to use?
theclumsygeek
PPM

Post by theclumsygeek » June 28th, 2020, 9:22 am

It's the Google Maps Navigation Night Version Color Addon in Sinagrit Baba's site: https://www.sinagritbabasworkshop.com/2 ... -mods.html
Here's the exact link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rgccbk1v9rmzj ... n.zip?dl=1
This one caused my profile to fail loading. A little bit of semi-crash (i.e. ETS2 didn't crash but it says something went wrong and it can't load the profile).

Instead, I copied the color information from the Google Maps Navigation Night Version Customization Addon and pasted it to the map_color_config.sui in your World Background Maps file.
Link here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zxbejsmnqoc92 ... n.zip?dl=1
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » June 28th, 2020, 11:32 am

@theclumsygeek

Yes, exactly! I got the same message from the game, but when I replaced Sinagrit's .sui color file with the one in my SAT BGs
everything went well. He's got something wrong in there and someone ought to report it to him. I'll see if I can pin down exactly
what the problem is, might be too many numbers in one of the color specification HEX-numbers!

EDIT: Nope, the ONLY difference I can see between my own corresponding .sui file and Sinagrit's one is that he has used ONLY Linefeed
character as linebreaking, as on *NIX systems, but I have Carriage-Return/Linefeed combination, as on Windows. Sinagrit should have
a look at this, it is a severe thing!
theclumsygeek
PPM

Post by theclumsygeek » June 29th, 2020, 4:18 am

Ah that would make sense. Thanks Bengan! I commented on Sinagrit's website to let him know about it. It's still pending approval, but I hope it reaches him somehow.