World Background Maps

3rik
PPM

Re: World Background Maps

Post by 3rik » June 3rd, 2020, 12:50 am

well you may have made a mistake but unless that post is lying, you arent using SCS projection.
red map is SCS
gray map is yours.
there are clear differences.
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » June 3rd, 2020, 12:52 am

@3rik

As I said, read up on what I have researched, then we can discuss. End of our discussion, mate!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
3rik
PPM

Post by 3rik » June 3rd, 2020, 12:54 am

i know what you have researched, but i also see an image infront of me that shows that your map dosen't follow scs's map.
we can all agree that the standard for map projection should be SCS's map. not promods, not you, not anyone else.
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » June 3rd, 2020, 1:04 am

@3rik

Okay then, let me give you a link to a post by Max, working at SCS, and in that topic were also Mandelsoft participating.
You tell me which map projection Max is specifying there, for BOTH ATS and ETS2! Then ask Promods if they are using
that map projection, I do!

Link to post by Max: https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php ... 82#p825182
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3rik
PPM

Post by 3rik » June 3rd, 2020, 1:12 am

BenganJ wrote:
June 3rd, 2020, 1:04 am
@3rik

Okay then, let me give you a link to a post by Max, working at SCS, and in that topic were also Mandelsoft participating.
You tell me which map projection Max is specifying there, for BOTH ATS and ETS2! Then ask Promods if they are using
that map projection, I do!

Link to post by Max: https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php ... 82#p825182
i will read that now, but it dosent matter who said what.
what matters is that the standard is meant to be set by SCS. promods dosent set the standard, you dont set the standard.
promod's bg map isnt 100% accurate either, but it is a lot closer to SCS's one than yours.
i do not see any reason for anyone apart from scs to set the standard. this includes you. i assumed you were following scs's standard, but the image proves you didnt. whatever the reason it should be fixed.
i dont give a shit about who said what and who made what, this isnt kindergarden.
in the last promods and PMME update, promods almost 100% adjusted to match SCS's background map. now its your turn to do the same.
if it was an honest mistake on your end, thats fine, and im not here to shout at anyone for lying or messing something up. but refusing to fix an obvious mistake paints a bad image.

(i realise you both used lambert conical projection, but there are obvious differences still)
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » June 3rd, 2020, 1:19 am

@3rik

So that's why I use the standard set by SCS in their own definition files, mate.
It is just confirmed to me by Max's statement. Promods doesn't use that in spite
of Mandelsoft must have seen that statement and at least OUGHT to be aware
of the definitions in the SCS game files!
3rik
PPM

Post by 3rik » June 3rd, 2020, 1:23 am

well then maybe scs made a mistake in whatever definition files they shared.
but you can clearly see in the picture, your map does not allign with the scs map when you go far from prague, notably the middle east.
im not saying its your fault, or anyone's fault, but the picture clearly shows what the fact is and unless you insist that your map is right and scs is wrong, i dont see a reason to disagree.
whatever promods uses does not matter either. stop brining promods up.
this map is meant to follow SCS and it obviously dosent. i have no intention of arguing with you because i dont think this this is your fault or anything, but at the moment you are being stubborn.
3rik
PPM

Post by 3rik » June 3rd, 2020, 1:25 am

also, you say that mandelsoft must have been aware.
until now they used the same map projection as you. thats why until the recent update, everything was fine.
then they realised something was off and manually adjusted it to match the image of the SCS background.
"We used to have the same projection, or something very similar. Then we noticed things weren't quite right in the Balkans.
So maybe we were the first to notice that there were problems with the land masses and borders of our background and the latest DLC...
This is why we re-did our background map in the first place, and why the whole Middle-East addon has been moved"
^^ quote from mandelsoft.
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » June 3rd, 2020, 1:28 am

@3rik

To conclude this discussion with YOU. If you don't like my BGs, follow the song,
"Don't worry, be happy" and use the original BG by Promods. I won't hold it against
you and I can still be friend with you, but DON'T ask me to violate the SCS specified
map projection, just to cover up for a single map. NEVER!

EDIT: Promods has NEVER used the same map projection as I do, that's the problem!
You won't get more from me until you have read up on what's correct here! Good Night,
my friend!
3rik
PPM

Post by 3rik » June 3rd, 2020, 1:32 am

i would never ask you to violate scs projection. thats why i sided with you until now, i thought that your map follows SCS projection. but it clearly dosent.
once again, RED is SCS 1.37
GRAY is your map.
Are my eyes broken? Because i see a big difference.
This has nothing to do with promods. Im asking you to align with SCS, not to align with Promods.