[REL] Caribbean Map for ATS 1.1 by TerraMaps

b738pilot
PPM

[REL] Caribbean Map for ATS 1.1 by TerraMaps

Post by b738pilot » September 28th, 2020, 12:33 am

The TerraMaps team proudly presents Caribbean Map for ATS!

If you wanted to haul goods between the beautiful islands of the Caribbean, then this map is for you! The Caribbean Map for ATS will feature new countries to explore in ATS including The Bahamas, Cuba, Haiti, Dominican Republic, Jamaica, and more! This area for sure deserves representation in our vibrant ATS community! This will be an addon to the game (not a standalone). Here is the initial map project plan:

Release versions will try to match the phases, however, everything is always subject to change. Version 1.0 will feature at minimum Nassau, Freeport, and Bimini/Alice Town.

Dependencies
- All ATS DLC maps from SCS required
- Non-dependency but strongly recommended Coast to Coast mod as a ferry port is created in Fort Lauderdale near the airport. So if you want to do jobs between the US and the islands, you'll need C2C.

Official Discord Link: https://discord.com/invite/kvqE3z3 (TerraMaps: Which includes Caribbean Map and Red Sea Map)
DOWNLOAD LINK - VERSION 1.1 for ATS 1.40: https://sharemods.com/3fgknc51kcwm/Cari ... 1.scs.html

Expand your ATS today!
Last edited by b738pilot on March 31st, 2021, 8:16 pm, edited 8 times in total.
BenganJ

Re: [WIP] Caribbean Map for ATS

Post by BenganJ » September 28th, 2020, 12:37 am

Sounds great, but will it be an addon or a standalone map?
Do you have a proper Map Editor background to map from?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
b738pilot
PPM

Post by b738pilot » September 28th, 2020, 12:40 am

Hi Bengan! Thanks for the questions and I should add that to my post, I'm sorry.

This will be an addon, preferbly C2C but not C2C dependent. (However, all DLCS required) I made a ferry port in C2C's Fort Lauderdale to connect to do jobs to and from the islands, and I have an in depth international and ferry system planned out that will require some "layovers" and drives from an international port to a domestic port so it's not all "ferries galore". Of course, there is no way around ferries for the Caribbean, so I'm making the best out of that situation.

Regarding background maps, I used yours I think and it's appearing on the editor, although the locations are somewhat off so I'm constantly going back and forth in-game to make adjustments of the roads on the islands while respecting the ATS scale.
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » September 28th, 2020, 1:04 am

@b738pilot

Are you sure you're using mine? The BGs I've made for ATS are, with one exception,
ONLY for the UI WorldMap view and will not work in Map Editor. And mind you, the
BG you use in Map Editor MUST be in a special map projection, which SCS has specified,
called Lambert Conic Conformal. That could be the reason why you constantly have to
correct the position when comparing with the result in-game. Can you check where you
got the background for the ME? I'm curious and I might be able to help out if needed!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
b738pilot
PPM

Post by b738pilot » September 28th, 2020, 1:29 am

Yeah happy to receive that help it'll make things a lot easier. The background map in the game is the ATS Map Universal 1.3 (linked from Wombat's videos and downloaded here on RoExtended). I try my best to match it up to that background map.

For the in game editor, I have no editor maps installed, so I guess that's whatever came with the game.
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » September 28th, 2020, 1:35 am

@b738pilot

Right, the in-game BG is mine, but you probably use the standard SCS one looking like this.

And that one doesn't help much regarding Caribbean area! I'll see what I can do, but I can
assure you, it will be MUCH better than what SCS gives you.
Ronin
VIP

Post by Ronin » September 28th, 2020, 1:57 am

Well this is great news
:party:
Proc: i7-9750H 2,6 GHz (max. 4,5 GHz)
Mem: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS ROG -STRIX-RTX2060-O6G-GAMING 6 GB GDDR6
Rafaelkai

Post by Rafaelkai » September 28th, 2020, 10:59 am

Duckie (Project East author) is also building Cuba, Hawaii and some other islands in his new mod, maybe you should coordinate
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » September 28th, 2020, 12:08 pm

@­Rafaelkai

Then I bet he too is using some bad Map Editor BG! Give me a break! Sigh!
Rafaelkai

Post by Rafaelkai » September 28th, 2020, 12:31 pm

Well let's hope he changes that (if he is not already correct), you can contact him quickly at his discord site:

https://discord.gg/ZyvZkps